By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kasz216 said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
so you guys think that humans exist only too kill each other and that good does not exist?

Who said that?

Lots of people do good too.

It's naive to think that "evil" doesn't exist however.

Call it evil, leftover survivial extinct whatever... but it's been shown time and time again... that when there isn't someone to be predjudiced against... a civilization will make up a group to be predjudiced against.

Humanity needs it's scapegoats.

i dont belive that, i believe that humanity can co-exist in peace

Around the Network
PS360ForTheWin said:
Kasz216 said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
so you guys think that humans exist only too kill each other and that good does not exist?

Who said that?

Call it evil, leftover survivial extinct whatever... but it's been shown time and time again... that when there isn't someone to be predjudiced against... a civilization will make up a group to be predjudiced against.

Is your name John Lennon? jk

Seriously, mankind can do anything, but mankind likes power too much to ever sing kumbaya and hold hands.  I'm not saying your dream isn't nice, because it is... but being the realistic person that I am, we are so far from this Utopian world that you've dreamt up that I wouldn't give it a second thought.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

PS360ForTheWin said:
Kasz216 said:
PS360ForTheWin said:

Who said that?

Good for you.  Not seeing it though.

Hell even Marx thought that for communism to work you had to brainwash everybody via a super controlling dictatorship.

Well not so much brainwash as take control of the younger generations and force them to think in a communist mindset for a few generations to let it take hold.

PS360ForTheWin said:
Kasz216 said:
PS360ForTheWin said:

Who said that?

I think thats naive, not to mention in direct opposition to Darwin's theory of Evolution. What we should be doing is limiting the capabilities for destruction in whatever way possible.

There are basically no gun murders in japan because every bullet sold needs a licence.  Do this, handgun / small arms fire murders will dissapear. If knives are the problem, as they are in england, then do something about that too.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Comrade Tovya said:

I understand your point, and do respect your train of thought.

I guess the only question that remains is, what is not only a fair solutions, but one that will actually work and guarantee peace?

And all politics aside.... being realistic only...

I think it is fair to assume that this generation of Palestinians (not all of course, but the majority) will not accept a Jewish nation at all.  So, considering that the Palestinian majority wants all of the land, from the river to the sea, how can this process ever work?

And like I said, forget about who we both think is more at fault, I'm not even considering that at all...

If in the perfect world, all hostilities ended tomorrow, how could peace be achieved unless both parties accept the other's right to exist on the land?  What I am trying to say is, hypothetically, if the settlements in Judea and Samaria were completely disassembled tomorrow, and the Palestinians were in charge of their own destiny in Judea, Samaria, and Gaza, could there be peace?

That's my biggest point really.  Palestinian textbooks still do not even show Israel on the map... so this and the last few generations of Palestinians largely believe that there is no such thing as Israel, and that the whole of the land is occupied.  So even if a full-withdrawl from the territories were to take place, no peace process would work until the large-majority of Palestinians agreed that Israel had a permanent right to the rest of the land.

In Israel, there are less than 10% of people that believe that the Palestinians should not be there at all, but 10% is a very small number that doesn't mean very much in a democratic society.  The real problem as I see it for the Palestinians, is if the majority of the people of Palestine do not accept Israel's right to exist very quickly, the window for a Palestinian State is going to close very quickly.

That 10% minority in Israel is growing very rapidly.  The right-wing religious Jews (as they are tagged) are out-breeding the left-wing families 8 to 1 every year.  And more Israelis are joining the Zionist camp because many of them are giving up on the hope that peace is ever possible.

The Israelis made a 100% withdrawl from Gaza, and the attacks continued to come from Gaza anyway.  So, all politics aside, the average Israeli sees that as an omen for what is to come.  They are slowly coming to the idea that the Palestinians don't want the territories, they want it all.  And if lefties feel like they can never appease the Palestinians, they'll give up eventually on the idea of Peace.  And, well, that is a really bad thing for the Palestinians.

So, what are your thoughts?  And I like I said, all politics aside... just the honest analysis of the situation.

The average Palestinian believes that the entire country is theirs from the river to the sea, and the average Israeli believes that everything within the "green line" is Israel.  Both ideas can't coexist, so something has to give somewhere, or this whole process will never move along.

Bolded is really the only part that is the kicker here.

Just as you think nearly all Palestinians won't accept Israel's existance, the Palestinians think that nearly 100% of Jews won't accept a Palestinian State.

Just as you see continued attacks regardless of what Israel does, i.e. leaving Gaza, the Palestinians see continued attacks, settlement expansions, and further prison-like lock downs of their people.

You see its a circle of hate and violence that creates these false ideas that neither majority really wants a peace with the other. There are over 3 million Palestinians living in the territories and millions just outside the gates. If all of them really only wanted to get rid of Israel why isn't there a massive influx of men attacking, roiting against every Jewish soldier/settlement around?

The map things I already touched in discussions with Final-Fan. They are the same thing as other Arab countries not allowing in more refugees. Arabs believe if they add Israel to the map without Israel creating a Palestine it is the same thing as giving up hope for ever seeing a Palestine. If Arab nations allow more refugees in, then who's left to struggle against what is seen as Israeli expansion?

This is why I keep insisting that Israel takes the first steps. They want to get rid of Hamas, they need to remove the reason why people support Hamas' military actions. Furthermore when Israel left and held their positions at the gate of Gaza, there were only rockets. No more suicide bombers, other attacks have reduce drastically. Why? because they nearly all origininated from Hamas' stronghold. WB is far less pro-Hamas and the PA has a better control. It has nothing to do with checkpoints and such. Afterall those existed in Gaza when the attacks were far worse that the occasional rocket.

The knowledge that the majority will actually accept peace is what needs to be forced down both sides throats. Just looking at the massive difference in quality of life in Israel and in the territories and that Israel has a much better control over its citizens is why I argue Israel needs to make the first real steps to show its intentions to the Palestinian public.

I hope it didnt' seem like I was getting political, those are just my ideas and firm beliefs on the matter.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Comrade Tovya said:

I understand your point, and do respect your train of thought.

I guess the only question that remains is, what is not only a fair solutions, but one that will actually work and guarantee peace?

And all politics aside.... being realistic only...

I think it is fair to assume that this generation of Palestinians (not all of course, but the majority) will not accept a Jewish nation at all.  So, considering that the Palestinian majority wants all of the land, from the river to the sea, how can this process ever work?

And like I said, forget about who we both think is more at fault, I'm not even considering that at all...

If in the perfect world, all hostilities ended tomorrow, how could peace be achieved unless both parties accept the other's right to exist on the land?  What I am trying to say is, hypothetically, if the settlements in Judea and Samaria were completely disassembled tomorrow, and the Palestinians were in charge of their own destiny in Judea, Samaria, and Gaza, could there be peace?

That's my biggest point really.  Palestinian textbooks still do not even show Israel on the map... so this and the last few generations of Palestinians largely believe that there is no such thing as Israel, and that the whole of the land is occupied.  So even if a full-withdrawl from the territories were to take place, no peace process would work until the large-majority of Palestinians agreed that Israel had a permanent right to the rest of the land.

In Israel, there are less than 10% of people that believe that the Palestinians should not be there at all, but 10% is a very small number that doesn't mean very much in a democratic society.  The real problem as I see it for the Palestinians, is if the majority of the people of Palestine do not accept Israel's right to exist very quickly, the window for a Palestinian State is going to close very quickly.

That 10% minority in Israel is growing very rapidly.  The right-wing religious Jews (as they are tagged) are out-breeding the left-wing families 8 to 1 every year.  And more Israelis are joining the Zionist camp because many of them are giving up on the hope that peace is ever possible.

The Israelis made a 100% withdrawl from Gaza, and the attacks continued to come from Gaza anyway.  So, all politics aside, the average Israeli sees that as an omen for what is to come.  They are slowly coming to the idea that the Palestinians don't want the territories, they want it all.  And if lefties feel like they can never appease the Palestinians, they'll give up eventually on the idea of Peace.  And, well, that is a really bad thing for the Palestinians.

So, what are your thoughts?  And I like I said, all politics aside... just the honest analysis of the situation.

The average Palestinian believes that the entire country is theirs from the river to the sea, and the average Israeli believes that everything within the "green line" is Israel.  Both ideas can't coexist, so something has to give somewhere, or this whole process will never move along.

Bolded is really the only part that is the kicker here.

Just as you think nearly all Palestinians won't accept Israel's existance, the Palestinians think that nearly 100% of Jews won't accept a Palestinian State.

Just as you see continued attacks regardless of what Israel does, i.e. leaving Gaza, the Palestinians see continued attacks, settlement expansions, and further prison-like lock downs of their people.

You see its a circle of hate and violence that creates these false ideas that neither majority really wants a peace with the other. There are over 3 million Palestinians living in the territories and millions just outside the gates. If all of them really only wanted to get rid of Israel why isn't there a massive influx of men attacking, roiting against every Jewish soldier/settlement around?

The map things I already touched in discussions with Final-Fan. They are the same thing as other Arab countries not allowing in more refugees. Arabs believe if they add Israel to the map without Israel creating a Palestine it is the same thing as giving up hope for ever seeing a Palestine. If Arab nations allow more refugees in, then who's left to struggle against what is seen as Israeli expansion?

This is why I keep insisting that Israel takes the first steps. They want to get rid of Hamas, they need to remove the reason why people support Hamas' military actions. Furthermore when Israel left and held their positions at the gate of Gaza, there were only rockets. No more suicide bombers, other attacks have reduce drastically. Why? because they nearly all origininated from Hamas' stronghold. WB is far less pro-Hamas and the PA has a better control. It has nothing to do with checkpoints and such. Afterall those existed in Gaza when the attacks were far worse that the occasional rocket.

The knowledge that the majority will actually accept peace is what needs to be forced down both sides throats. Just looking at the massive difference in quality of life in Israel and in the territories and that Israel has a much better control over its citizens is why I argue Israel needs to make the first real steps to show its intentions to the Palestinian public.

I hope it didnt' seem like I was getting political, those are just my ideas and firm beliefs on the matter.

Well, like I said, I keeping my opinion out of my comments (as mine involves the destruction of Hamas), and I'm playing the devil's advocate.

I'm simply saying that, if for arguements sake, neither Israel nor the Palestinians were to accept each other's existence (I don't believe this, but like I said, just for arguements sake), then I don't see any such plan for peace working.

And of course, I disagree that a comprehensive peace can be established by Israel "taking the first step" because at this point they are already half-way down the road (a lot more than a step to say the least).

So, like I said, if you are right in assuming that neither party thinks the other has a right to exist, then how can peace ever be attained in such an environment? 

You know what would impress me?  If the Palestinians dispossessed Hamas.  If they pulled that off, because the were sick of the violence, that would show me some real hope... it's not perfect, but it would show a step in the right direction.  Like I said, politics aside, the unilateral withdrawl from Gaza was a HUGE first step.

The next step should belong to the Palestinians... get rid of Hamas and terrorism.  And then Israel would lift the air & sea restrictions, and reduce the complications at checkpoints.  Hence, a lack of terrorism eliminates such needs.  And more importantly for the Israeli taxpayer, these measure are damn expensive too...

So, if true peace really is the goal, I think the people of Gaza need to boot Hamas out (even if it requires the military assistance of Jews to make it happen)... and then when they are gone, Israel can lift the restrictions, and as long as the Palestinians don't take advantage of the restriction lifting by commiting acts of terrorism, then there will be no reason for them anymore...

Do I think this is realistic?  No.  But it's the honest approach.  When Israel commits a military action in Gaza, they are not just deciding to do it because they have nothing better to do.  They do it out of reaction to terrorism.  So, the simple solution is stop the terrorism, and then there is no reason for military action. 

Trust me, if there is no terrorism, and the Israelis just suddenly decided to attack Gaza out of the blue just for entertainment purposes, I will be the first person in line to protest against Israeli aggression.  But as long as the military action is a reaction to terrorism, then I will remain firmly in the pro-Israel camp.

For a group to say, give us everything we want right now, or we'll kill you is no way to get what you are asking for.  Just like when my two-year-old wants his sippy, I only give it to him if he asks politely.  If he throws a fit and demands things, I ignore his request until he does it properly.  It's actually one of the basic expectations we have as human beings of one another.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Comrade Tovya said:

Well, like I said, I keeping my opinion out of my comments (as mine involves the destruction of Hamas), and I'm playing the devil's advocate.

I'm simply saying that, if for arguements sake, neither Israel nor the Palestinians were to accept each other's existence (I don't believe this, but like I said, just for arguements sake), then I don't see any such plan for peace working.

And of course, I disagree that a comprehensive peace can be established by Israel "taking the first step" because at this point they are already half-way down the road (a lot more than a step to say the least).

So, like I said, if you are right in assuming that neither party thinks the other has a right to exist, then how can peace ever be attained in such an environment? 

You know what would impress me?  If the Palestinians dispossessed Hamas.  If they pulled that off, because the were sick of the violence, that would show me some real hope... it's not perfect, but it would show a step in the right direction.  Like I said, politics aside, the unilateral withdrawl from Gaza was a HUGE first step.

The next step should belong to the Palestinians... get rid of Hamas and terrorism.  And then Israel would lift the air & sea restrictions, and reduce the complications at checkpoints.  Hence, a lack of terrorism eliminates such needs.  And more importantly for the Israeli taxpayer, these measure are damn expensive too...

So, if true peace really is the goal, I think the people of Gaza need to boot Hamas out (even if it requires the military assistance of Jews to make it happen)... and then when they are gone, Israel can lift the restrictions, and as long as the Palestinians don't take advantage of the restriction lifting by commiting acts of terrorism, then there will be no reason for them anymore...

Do I think this is realistic?  No.  But it's the honest approach.  When Israel commits a military action in Gaza, they are not just deciding to do it because they have nothing better to do.  They do it out of reaction to terrorism.  So, the simple solution is stop the terrorism, and then there is no reason for military action. 

Trust me, if there is no terrorism, and the Israelis just suddenly decided to attack Gaza out of the blue just for entertainment purposes, I will be the first person in line to protest against Israeli aggression.  But as long as the military action is a reaction to terrorism, then I will remain firmly in the pro-Israel camp.

For a group to say, give us everything we want right now, or we'll kill you is no way to get what you are asking for.  Just like when my two-year-old wants his sippy, I only give it to him if he asks politely.  If he throws a fit and demands things, I ignore his request until he does it properly.  It's actually one of the basic expectations we have as human beings of one another.

oh, hypothetically saying, yes if the majority of both sides only wanted the destruction of the other then there is no way peace could happen, true.

RE: Removal of Hamas

Honestly, given the current situation on the ground (not the war, just the other normal Israeli restrictions/settlements/etc), there is absolutely now way the Palestinians will want to get rid of their only protectors, even if that protection is in reality a farce.

That would be like Israel agreeing to get rid of the IDF. It's not going to happen until they see no need to have a military option.

Woud I rather there be no Hamas military wing? of course.

RE: Bolded

What your not acknowledging is the psuedo-terrorism that happens in the territories against the Palestinians. The daily lives of a Palestinian, the extreame harsh conditions, the settlers, the IDF checkpoints, the IDF treatment, etc are the terrorism the Palestinians see.

Just because an Israeli isn't blowing himself up and getting on world wide TV doesn't negate the conditions that cause Palestinians to support Hamas' actions.

My professor for my Arab-Israeli conflict class put our discussion best when he said "Boths sides only look at thier stack of pictures. They only are capable of seeing the pictures of what the other side has done/does. Until both sides can give eachother duplicates of the pictures and realize all the wrong they are doing, there will be no peace." (paraphrased).

Not to attack you, but that is what I see you doing throughout our numerous conversations we have had. From my perspective you either choose to ignore what many of the zealot settlers and soldier do, or you are just unaware. You have sold yourself the idea that the horrible life the Palestinian lives under is a product of their own actions and as such Israel has the right to continue it. However, it wasn't but 100yrs ago when Jews lived under similar conditions in many parts of the world.

Until those living conditions change I don't see how anyone could expect a peacefull coexistance.

superchunk said:
Comrade Tovya said:

oh, hypothetically saying, yes if the majority of both sides only wanted the destruction of the other then there is no way peace could happen, true.

RE: Removal of Hamas

Honestly, given the current situation on the ground (not the war, just the other normal Israeli restrictions/settlements/etc), there is absolutely now way the Palestinians will want to get rid of their only protectors, even if that protection is in reality a farce.

That would be like Israel agreeing to get rid of the IDF. It's not going to happen until they see no need to have a military option.

Woud I rather there be no Hamas military wing? of course.

RE: Bolded

What your not acknowledging is the psuedo-terrorism that happens in the territories against the Palestinians. The daily lives of a Palestinian, the extreame harsh conditions, the settlers, the IDF checkpoints, the IDF treatment, etc are the terrorism the Palestinians see.

Just because an Israeli isn't blowing himself up and getting on world wide TV doesn't negate the conditions that cause Palestinians to support Hamas' actions.

My professor for my Arab-Israeli conflict class put our discussion best when he said "Boths sides only look at thier stack of pictures. They only are capable of seeing the pictures of what the other side has done/does. Until both sides can give eachother duplicates of the pictures and realize all the wrong they are doing, there will be no peace." (paraphrased).

Not to attack you, but that is what I see you doing throughout our numerous conversations we have had. From my perspective you either choose to ignore what many of the zealot settlers and soldier do, or you are just unaware. You have sold yourself the idea that the horrible life the Palestinian lives under is a product of their own actions and as such Israel has the right to continue it. However, it wasn't but 100yrs ago when Jews lived under similar conditions in many parts of the world.

Until those living conditions change I don't see how anyone could expect a peacefull coexistance.

No, I don't see it as an attack brother.  I think you just missed some things I said because my posts are so long ;)

I actually insulted Jewish terrorists in my posts, and I was even specific and saying than I spit on them, which in my culture, spitting on the dead is as insulting as one can be.  So yes, while I spit on Palestinians terrorists, I spit on the Jewish ones as well.  Like I said before, I am an equal opportunity hater of terrorism.  And as I also stated before, I am more disgusted by my own sides terrorists because, well, they are on the same side of the fence as myself, and they dishonor our cause.  So never mistake me as an apologist, because as far as I am concerned the souls of terrorists can rot as far as I am concerned, even if they are of my own ethinic group.

And yes, you are correct when you say that it wasn't so long ago that Jews faced persecution.  But, Jews weren't asking for any territory in Europe, nor were they blowing themselves up on German child school buses (or anywhere for that matter)... Jews just wanted to be left alone, and they were led off to slaughter with very little resistance (not to say that I think they shouldn't have resisted, because they should have).  Also, Palestinians are not being led to a gas chamber.  If the Israelis wanted to destroy the Palestinians, they could kill every Palestinian in the territories in about 2 hours... they haven't done so because that's not what they want. The Jews of Europe on the other hand were rounded up for exactly those very reasons, and murdered.  They weren't commiting terrorism, they weren't doing anything... but they were Jews, and therefore were killed for that reason alone.

Palestinians obly die after they attack Israel with terrorism or rocket attacks, etc.  If tomorrow, no Palestinian shot a gun, or fired a rocket, I can promise you that not a single Palestinian would die again in war against Israel.

So, while I certainly respect your position, it's in no way the same thing.

The Jews said from day one that they wanted to live amongst the Arab world, and the Arabs rejected this idea from day one.  That's why there is war... it's historically founded.

Yes, times have changed, and if the Arab world has changed their minds, then they need to jump on the bandwagon and use their influence to force terrorism to stop.  They won't do this because it's a form of sacrilage to take the side of a Jew in Islam.  That's a huge part of this problem. 

The Arab leaders don't like terrorism, because it's a threat to their rule in their own nations as well.  But if they openly condemn terrorism against Jews, they are welcoming the same terrorism against their own nations.  So it's a catch-22.  If you don't condemn the terrorism, then they help validate it... but if they condemn it, they are encouraging it to happen within their own countries.  It's an endless cycle.

And as for second point

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

@ comrade:
"They won't do this because it's a form of sacrilage to take the side of a Jew in Islam.that's the huge part of this problem"

wrong , thanx to stupid people who call themselves Muslims this misunderstanding is bound to happen

Allah ordered us to protect anyone whatever his religion is if he is being wronged by anyone ,

it's not ur fault not knowing that , I can understand where did u get that idea from

p.s. I know I sound like a smart ass for jumping at what u said like that but I had to clarify :)

blackstar said:

@ comrade:
"They won't do this because it's a form of sacrilage to take the side of a Jew in Islam.that's the huge part of this problem"

wrong , thanx to stupid people who call themselves Muslims this misunderstanding is bound to happen

Allah ordered us to protect anyone whatever his religion is if he is being wronged by anyone ,

it's not ur fault not knowing that , I can understand where did u get that idea from

p.s. I know I sound like a smart ass for jumping at what u said like that but I had to clarify :)

Oh no, don't misunderstand me for saying that is really what Islam teaches, but what is taught, and what is reality is often quite different.  Christianity suffers the same problem as well.  J.C. taught to love all people equally (even a prostitute) but most Christians shun prostitutes and wouldn't invite them to their dinner table as J.C. did.  So, every religion as it's bigots (Judaism included I might add...)

The problem with terrorism and Islam is not that Islam embraces suicide attacks, but that todays Islamic leaders tell their sheep that Allah wills it.  Just as in Christianity, J.C. showed by example that you should invite the lowest sinners into your home to your dinner table, but most Christians won't allow such a person to do such until AFTER they redeem themselves. 

Therefore, please do not mistake as ignorant to true Islam, because I have been taught the truth before.  But sometimes what is true, and what people want you to think is true is not always one in the same.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya