By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction #4 ~:~ SONY will regain dominance next generation with PS4!

Eighted

and since Kutaragi is gone I hope they dont launch at a fuckin 600 dollar price tag....That made my Mom pissed when she found out I bought a system for that much

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
Eighted

and since Kutaragi is gone I hope they dont launch at a fuckin 600 dollar price tag....That made my Mom pissed when she found out I bought a system for that much

No, I think you are number 10 to agree. ;) 3 on 8 ain't good!

eleventhed (three people said eighthed)

but on topic I agree, a well priced PS4 will sell amazing. My only concern will be if there will be a PS4. They lost so much cash on the PS3, will the gaming division be around? Will they just sell software, not hardware?

Seconded...

The OP that is!

sheer brilliance. 

PS4? whats with the surge in PS4 threads, it hasnt even been anounced yet, just play your PS3 and hope it maintains enough sales for 3rd party support, thats what im doing

Around the Network
c0rd said:

Erm... Sony doing better sounds fine and all, but where does Nintendo fit into this future?

Also, do you really think there will be another "Wii Sports" next gen? It's not as if there's one every generation. It's even less likely such a game would come from Sony, they don't capture the mass market like Nintendo does.

Yes, because Sony didn't create the number most successfull (PS2) and number 2 most successfull (PS1) consoles of all time...They weren't the ones credited way back in the PS1 era as having made gaming mainstream and inviting to casual gamers....

thirtheenthed

At one point in time practically everyone owned Walkmans, and now everyone owns iPods ... While the Walkman brand may still be valueable and people may not have any problems with what Sony is offering, when most people go looking for a brand new music player they will look at the iPods first (and typically buy one before looking at what other people offer). In order for Sony to return the Walkman brand back to the dominance it once had first Apple has to screw up pretty massively in order to provide the opportunity, and Sony has to produce a product so vastly superior to the other competition that practically everyone chooses a Walkman over whatever else is available.

As you can probably imagine, the combination of needing Apple to screw up and the need for a dramatically superior product is something that only really happens when their is a paradigm shift in the industry; and these are not the kinds of things that are amazingly common.

Basically, Sony is in the same position with the Playstation and Wii as they're with the Walkman and iPod ... While Sony can chip away at the success of the Wii it is unlikely that they would return to the same dominant position with the PS4 that they had with the PS2 unless Nintendo screws up and they can produce a product that is dramatically superior to the XBox to the extent that practically everyone favours a PS4 over the next XBox.

jerry said:

SONY will be going through restructuring now.

SONY will be like a young business FULL of enthusiasm....new views & types of people.

Next Generation they will launch quickly with the PS4 priced at $299 at launch....no 2 SKU's or anything.

There will be a HUGE campaign....which will admit PS3 was a mistake & say the new & improved Playstation is here....its has RETURNED!

PS4 will come bundled witha PS Eye like device....it will be a defacto thing...except much smaller so its easy to attach to TV in any household (like wii motion sensing bar).

PS4 will have 45% of the marketshare next generation

New enthusiasm from new people & a fresh workforce will ENSURe they STRIVe and concentrate towards winning!

LITTLE BIG UNIVERSE (bundled with every PS4) will be the Wii Sports of the 8th gen!

Right, I'll try to reply in a constructive matter, rather than just saying "fived".

SONY will be going through restructuring now.

I assume you mean SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment). I don't know why their current situation should be spun into a good thing for next gen.

SONY will be like a young business FULL of enthusiasm....new views & types of people. 

I don't get this. Sony screwed up, thus they seem to be the cleverest next gen? It's possible, but you'll have to give reasonings for this.

Next Generation they will launch quickly with the PS4 priced at $299 at launch....no 2 SKU's or anything. 

Sure, that could help sales, but a lot of the PS brandname is gone, and just launching at 299 won't help a lot in itself (see N64, XB and GC)

There will be a HUGE campaign....which will admit PS3 was a mistake & say the new & improved Playstation is here....its has RETURNED!

Why on earth would they piss off the 50M Ps3 owners by saying it was a mistake? There's no way on earth (again) they'd do that.

PS4 will come bundled witha PS Eye like device....it will be a defacto thing...except much smaller so its easy to attach to TV in any household (like wii motion sensing bar). 

So they'll copy Nintendo. Sure, that's definitely going to make them beat'em. Or are you refering to a new "eye-toy"? Because honestly, I doubt they could make that superior to the Wiimote (successor)

PS4 will have 45% of the marketshare next generation

A completely meaningless claim. You have nothing to support it in this thread, except your own hopes.

New enthusiasm from new people & a fresh workforce will ENSURe they STRIVe and concentrate towards winning! 

Oh come on! This is just bloody stupid.

LITTLE BIG UNIVERSE (bundled with every PS4) will be the Wii Sports of the 8th gen! 

Okay, that's just insanely silly. I'm not even going to bother to point out the mistakes of that...

So overall - try again. Give some real proof, and get some info from other places than your own hopes.

You may be right, but what you presented doesn't make that seem any more probable.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

fourteenthed