By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prediction #1 ~:~ Xbox 360 Will sell 100 Million units

jerry said:
You guys underestimate EU!

Xbox as a brand is RECOGNIZED now....nothing SONY can do about that now

I am about to make my PS3 prediction thread now..

can you make a Wii prediction thread also??

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

My prediction is going to look awfully silly in the short-term if this turns out to be true.

Your prediction already looks silly... Now why did you go and predict 2 holiday seasons in advance huh?

@ Thread:

It actually depends on the emergence of other markets around the world as to whether or not it comes true.

Tease.

@lanjiano

I have made predictions for ALL 3 consoles now

Wii -- 200 Million

360 -- 100 Million

PS3 -- 50 Million

dude..these threads scream, "I'm a 360 fanboy, hear me chirp!"..

You're rediculous.

Are you the MS version of Crazzyman?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

@disolitude: The first thing that's going to require is for Nintendo to bridge the gap between the new gamers and the core gamer demographics. Difficult, but Mario Kart Wii shows that it's very much possible.

The second thing that will need to happen is that they will need to be completely aware of their alternatives. This is actually more likely than the first, because the average consumer will be fairly well-educated given enough time dealing with this sort of thing.

The third thing is that the consumer will need to become dissatisfied with the Wii by itslf, which is where things gets really, really, really iffy.

@Squilliam: Because I like the idea of looking back on predictions made during an unreasonably early time and having a good laugh. It's why I didn't predict in ranges, either.

So Xbox 360 has its own Crazzyman? Awesome! I agree with the others. 70 million is a safe bet. 80 million is an optimistic bet. 100 million is a Crazzy bet. It will outsell the PS3 this generation (unless the PS3 lasts till 2016, at which point it may catch up after the 360 has been discontinued for 3 years), but it still will not likely reach 100 million unless Microsoft has a lot of surprises and innovation up their sleeves.

From 07 to 08, the 360 increased 40% Year-over-year. Wii had a 60% growth.

You are predicting a 80% growth for the 360 in 09. That is way too high.

This Wont Happen.
Unlike PS2 it has stronger competition and might lack blu-ray when/if it takes over.
The next MS console will also be out.

WiiStation360 said:
From 07 to 08, the 360 increased 40% Year-over-year. Wii had a 60% growth.

You are predicting a 80% growth for the 360 in 09. That is way too high.

He's obviously a fanboy. Don't waste your logic on him and his illogical threads. But hey, at least he's not so blind that he has it beating the wii.

But here's a prediction of my own. This fanboy's threads are made of the upmost fail.

PS3 Trophies