By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is it me or is there soooo much Sony Hate going on!

Pristine20 said:
Domicinator said:
Pristine20 said:
Domicinator said:
Squilliam said:

Because this is a sales site, therefore the console company with the most sales in the previous gen and the least sales in this gen will be the talk of the town?

Seriously, there are so many angles of interest surrounding this issue that its not going to die down. Expect a spike in about 10 days from the release of NPD sales data, expect another spike about 2 weeks after that with the release of the financial data, expect another spike 2 weeks after that with the release of January NPD data, expect another spike with sales/review information from Killzone 2, 2 weeks later, expect another spike of interest from NPD data for February 2 weeks later...

Ok, I should have said it will go on and on and on and on, probably would have been much shorter.

Some people want to understand the situation, seriously! Asking why is it so bad? When will it get better? What will make it better? Will it get better? What standard should I expect from the PS3? Is 2nd place completely out of the question? There are a lot of questions that these recent events have thrown up.

I know one thing, be glad you're not in Neofag Neogaf if you think this is bad... Try this quote thats been repeated often there: "PS3 fanboys are more batshit insane than N64 fanboys"

I only go there when I follow links from here or Makingmusic, but its something I've seen there recently several times.

Edit: inadvertant rude spelling of rival websites name.

The quote that you have bolded has a lot of truth to it though.  And it's not necessarily a negative thing unless they're jerks about it.  It's ok to vehemently defend your console of choice for its real merits.  For movie watching, the PS3 was a no brainer for a long time because it was the cheapest BluRay player out there (and is probably still the NICEST one out there for the price.)  It's also a great gaming machine and has free (yet still a bit sub-par) online access. 

On the other hand, I have never seen fanboys as delusional as PS3 fanboys.  They talk as if the PS3 has been in first place for this entire generation.  They'll take one little number, spin it into something it doesn't actually mean, and then use it to justify the myriad of predicted PS3 comeback dates.  (Beginning/middle of the year people usually claim it will be in the summer of that year.  Middle/End of the year people usually claim it will be the holiday season.)

In other words, people think the PS3 is going to automatically make some miraculous comeback solely based on the fact that it's a Sony console and Sony held all the power the last two generations.  The "batshit insane" ones just assume this is going to happen and act like it already HAS happened.  I think that's ludicrous.  If someone says "I love the PS3 because (fill in the blank with a cool feature), that's one thing.  You can actually discuss that.  You can weigh the pros and cons.  You can compare and contrast the three consoles based on that statement.  When somebody just flat out says "PS3 FTW, xbox 360 sucks, year of the PS3, blah blah blah!!!!!!", it just makes me think they're idiots, and in fact, "batshit insane". And when they really get backed into a corner, they just start making giant lists of software that's coming out for the PS3, a lot of it is usually completely made up or based on really weak speculation and rumor.  Once I see a list of software in a post, I generally just stop reading it.   

Do 360 owners do this too?  Oh yes.  Absolutely.  And if the 360 was in third place right now, they'd probably be acting just as insane as the PS3 fanboys are.  But I think 360 owners are content knowing their console has a solid foothold and does not have the shaky future that the PS3 seems to have right now.  The PS3 "dying" first is not that far fetched.  After all, PS1 and PS2 had a huge hand in killing off several competing consoles.  Sony is not immune to this just because they've caused it in the past.

So 360 fanboys are exactly the same but somehow ps3 fanboys are the worst? Nice way of contradicting yourself.

And way to fit the stereo type.  You're twisting my words around to make it sound like something I didn't say.  I said the 360 fanboys aren't AS BAD because their console is not in dead last and that they probably would be just as bad if that were the case.

You're funny because you're still saying the same thing. Basically, if 360 was dead last, its fans would behave exactly how you think ps3 fans behave. Hence 360 fans = ps3 fans.

What stereotype am I fitting, You're making a meaningless statement and I'm calling BS on it simple as that. Ps3 gets a lot of heat because of sony's failure this gen and it's only it's real fans left to defend it. Thats why we spend so much time in it's defense.

I'm going to go ahead and rest my case on this one.

Around the Network

Some of it is hate - scheidenfreude from fanboys who got stomped on the last generation or two.

A lot of it is also smacking down the ever-delusional PS3 fanboys, who still cling to the dream of the PS3 coming in first by selling 20m copies a year once teh Killzone2 comes out.

@ misterd )

hehe, "scheidenfreude" made me smile as a german

I'm not sure why people feel the need to "smack down the ever-delusional PS3 fanboys", when reality will do so anyway and the only real reason I can assume for doing it yourself is "Schadenfreude" aswell, so you actually in my opinion you just said "the hate is Schadenfreude² "...

most of the times the normal PS3 users (which are, believe it or not, the majority) seem to be hit as a collateral damage of "smaking the fanboys" (atleast from the view of a PS3 owner)

Lafiel said:

@ misterd )

hehe, "scheidenfreude" made me smile as a german

I'm not sure why people feel the need to "smack down the ever-delusional PS3 fanboys", when reality will do so anyway and the only real reason I can assume for doing it yourself is "Schadenfreude" aswell, so you actually in my opinion you just said "the hate is Schadenfreude² "...

most of the times the normal PS3 users (which are, believe it or not, the majority) seem to be hit as a collateral damage of "smaking the fanboys" (atleast from the view of a PS3 owner)

Yep, I absolutely agree with this.  Many of us, including myself, think the PS3 is providing the best GAMING experience this generation with titles like MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Little Big Planet.  I'm also enjoying WKC (I'm in Japan), but I won't talk too much about it until the game makes it to the West.

Yes, right now, the mainstream opinion (at least in the US) is to think Halo and Gears are the absolute gods for gaming and everything else is secondary.  When I mean "mainstream," I mean gaming media, etc.  Right now, I like Tales of Vesperia on 360 and I own one for that.  Other than that, there isn't much else I can't get for PC or PS3.  Star Ocean 4 is the only upcoming announced game I'm looking forward to.  Cry On was cancelled.

I think most of us people that are FANS of the PS3 know it's not going to sell billions like the Wii or be able to moneyhat 3rd parties like MS, but we like what has come and is coming. 

There are other games besides Gears and Halo to enjoy.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

It's not Sony hate - but it's just reality.

When there are tons of news stories and articles about Sony's fall - and they are posted here, PS3 fans will troll hard - and deny the stories - say the OP is wrong for posting the stories and say the media is out to get the PS3. On the contrary, it's news. Really - it's news. This is a sales site - and sales are reality. If the machine isn't selling, it isn't selling. That's fact. Sony is in dire straits - that's a fact. You don't have to enter the thread once you read the title - and enter and realize what it is.

I have a PS3 and enjoy renting Blus from Blockbuster to watch. However, most games I have - I also have on my 360. As many know, I definitely prefer my 360 over my PS3 by miles. It is perfect? No.

Seriously, for the folks who don't want to hear nada negative about the PS3. Just step back and look at this matter realistically. Sony is in a financial mess and nothing is off the table ATM. You may see the PS3 as being an awesome machine that has brings in a huge profit in software sales, but if the software's not moving consoles, there's a problem.

The numbers don't lie - the shrinking store space doesn't lie - the ability to find cheaper PS3 games don't lie.

Face reality - or let it smack you, but it's coming into view.