By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is it me or is there soooo much Sony Hate going on!

It's not you dude, YES there is alot of sony hate from other fanboys, i mean do you really think the ps3 will be discontinued THAT is just not going to happen

Around the Network

"i'm temporarily supporting a company that will AVENGE Sega."

Good lord......by this point I think it's clear Ronster316 is making some kind of big, elaborate joke here. Lol, that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

On topic I think there are 4 main reasons for the Sony hate-

1- Price tag of $600

2- Overhyping games/the console

3- Delays

4- Taking out BC

Ronster316 said:
markers said:
Ronster316 said:
Bottom line is this..............................

90% of the best games on the Master system, Megadrive/Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast were made by Sega

On the flipside

97% of the best games on the ps1, ps2 and ps3 were made by 2ND and 3RD party developers.

So that sums it up for me.

Gaming talent " in house" made Sega LEGENDARY

2ND and 3RD party support made sony what they are today.

And thats the_______________________________

"one of the davantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

it all boils down to personal opinion. you believe sega 1st party owns all, then no one can change that. others believe nintendo pwns, and same with mircosoft and sony. but to force your opinion unto all of us is just plan silly. sure ps1 sony didnt have many first party, and ps2 they started pushing more, but the ps3 has amazing 1st/2nd party support and imho way better than anything sega has ever dished out.

Last comment of the day...........

I never said that Sega pawns all, Hell , i have the upmost respect for Nintendo, Capcom, Konami, Namco, Atari

E.P.I.C. ect....... you get the picture

My opinion was simply that Segas first party games OWN sonys 1st party games.

You disagree? thats your opinion.

And its my opinion that i'm right.

Thank fucking God. Please, go play Left 4 Dead. People can't have intelligent conversations with fanboys that can't let go of incidents that happend years ago.

Ronster316 said:

Sony opened the floodgates for other "corporations" to join this business hence i hold them responsible.

Should a praise sony for harldy making any games yet been one of the most successful companys in the gaming industry?

Everybody knows that the REAL HEROES in this business are the likes of Sega, Nintendo, Atari, Capcom, Konami, Namco ect.

So should a applaud sony for "buying" their way to the top?............................... I think not.

WAY back when, video game people had their roots in making arcade games, and thus you had the connection between software and hardware.  One can argue Sony was the first to not come from this to be successful (this isn't quite true), but to say what you are saying and not dock Microsoft is WAY too much bias.  Sony WAS in the videogame business before the Playstation.  They actually released games on the Genesis, and SNES, and Sega CD.  Ok, they SUCKED, but they were still that.  

As far as this practice goes, let me remind you pre-crash, who was involved:

1. Atari

2. Mattel.  You know, the toy maker.  They had the Intellivision.

3. Magnavox.  They released the FIRST home videogame system, called the Odyssey.  The Odyssey 2 was released around when Atari released the 2600.  Maybe you haven't heard of Magnavox?  How about Phillips (Magnavox is a division under them)?  You know they compete against Sony in the electronics area, right?

4. Colleco.  This is a toy maker know for the Cabbage Patch doll and the Collecovision.  

5. Bally.  They released the Astrocade system.  It played Bally-Midway arcade games, because Bally was the maker and they merged with Midway.  The Astrocade was WAY ahead of its time, and more advanced then the Atari 2600 that outsold it by a wide margin.

6. Emerson.  They make some electronics.  They also released a videogame system.

Post-crash, you see these:

3DO.  Trip Hawkins of EA decides to start his own console company, with a much better licensing agreement for software makers, and license the hardware out to different manufacturers.

And there are too many others to mention.

And I can list others.  The pure arcade game company is far more the exception if you look at history of systems.   In your blind hatred of Sony, you have grown blind in not seeing what is really going on and do a large disservice to everyone on here.

In regards to the apparent hatred of Sony discussed here, most of it is brought on by Sony themselves, their lost of market share, and their repeated apparent underperforming.

I had a Psone and it was great. I still may get a PS2 instead of skip one generation, because I understand now that it was a great gaming machine and it still is worth buying.

And I must admit I hated the arrogance of Sony when they developed the PS3, an elitist machine very hard to get for most people, like me: 600 dolars and impossible to hack. They thought that I would do anything to buy it. Well, it turned out that I am not that hardcore.

BUT now, I don't get pleasure out of Sony's current situation. Gee, I hope they can have a break, learn frome their mistakes, so the PS4 actually come to exist.

I like the fact that Nintendo is very succesful and thanks to it, video games are more socially accepted, but I don't want any company to become so dominant that we will have a monopoly. I hope that the next genration we can still have three companies fighting for the video game market.

So I just hope Sony can survive this generation, like Nintendo did with the Gamecube, and make some spectacular come back the next generation.

Around the Network

PS2 fanboi arguments in 2001:
- LOL XBOX IS HUEG
- LOL HARD DRIVE?? ? OMFG ITS A COMPUTER! IF I WANTED A COMPUTER I'D BUY A COMPUTER
- NO GAEMS LOL
- XBOX LIEV? ROOOOOFL!!!1211

Reality of PS3:
- HUEGER then Xbox.
- Not only a hard drive, but you have to INSTALL games (lol wut games? SURE SOUNDS LIKE A COMPUTER TO ME) because Sony decided to use a 2x drive as slow as mine from 1994 ROFL!!!!
- GAEMS? WHAT GAEMS? HAHAHA
- PSN? WOW ITS LIKE PLAYING WARCRAFT ON AOL DIALUP!! SO FAST

What now Sonyfanbois? WHAT NOW? Your console is not only selling WORSE, it has NO GAEMS, the online is SHIT, the community is SHIT, the fanbois are SHIT.

HOW DOES IT FEEL THAT EVERYTHING YOU HATED ABOUT XBOX IN 2001, YOUR OWN DEAR SONY IS NOW GUILTY OF? HUH HUH? HOW DOES IT FEEL? LET ME TELL YOU - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Silly little trolls. Sony has abandoned you. They lie to you and you STILL believe their BS. 10 year plan? ROFL good luck keeping that HUEG console afloat for another year.

"THIS YEAR GUYS" "THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE PS3 GUYS" "THIS MONTH GUYS" "NEXT MONTH GUYS JUST GIVE IT TIEM"

PAH-LEEEEESE, get over yourselves and FACE THE MUSIC. Your console and company are DONE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ronster316

Why support a company so heavily that doesn't give a shit about you. Business is business. Sega clearly isn't so hurt like you are, they just made a exclusive SRPG for the PS3.

more like Sony fans blowing things out of proportion and hating on Microsoft

The level of hate is merely a reflection of the reality.

Before its price drop, there appeared to be a lot of hate for the 360 too.

@360_God Might wanna learn how to use correct spelling and grammar,champ. Btw you would make an excellent spokes person for Microsoft Game Studio's... riiiiiight. >.>