By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is it me or is there soooo much Sony Hate going on!

"I'm a Sega fan first and foremost................

Microsoft are capable of doing to sony what sony did to Sega........... you know........ Eliminate them.......... Hence Microsoft have my full support."

Hence you are not a real gamer, just a guy following brand names and corporations.

Around the Network
bouzane said:
"I'm a Sega fan first and foremost................

Microsoft are capable of doing to sony what sony did to Sega........... you know........ Eliminate them.......... Hence Microsoft have my full support."

Hence you are not a real gamer, just a guy following brand names and corporations.

I'm following brand names? correction buddy, i'm temporarily supporting a company that will AVENGE Sega.

Sony messed up big time. $600 console at launch, losing exclusives, too much money lost by the expensive parts on the PS3. The media hates them because its now the "Hot Topic" and it makes them money. Thats my guess.

Flame said:
Sony messed up big time. $600 console at launch, losing exclusives, too much money lost by the expensive parts on the PS3. The media hates them because its now the "Hot Topic" and it makes them money. Thats my guess.

People making money off sony instead of sony making money off the back of other peoples hard work?

Now thats refreshing

1. It's not necessarily Sony "hate". It seems like every news story that comes out that doesn't gush praise about the PS3 is tagged as being written by a "hater", or the publication is "paid by MS". Half the time, these negative stories about the PS3's sales and viability in the marketplace are written by financial analysts. Financial analysts look at numbers, and the numbers they look at are the ones that matter to stockholders and other investors. They're not going home at night and playing Halo 3, and I'd venture to say most of them aren't gamers at all. They also don't care about who has more exclusives and who has a better processor or GPU. That's all fanboy BS that gets argued about mostly on web forums like this one. Most actual GAMERS don't even care about that stuff. It's a select few gamers that actually sit here and argue about "teh powerz of teh Cell" or how many frames per second particular games run on particular platforms.

2. Sony hate from users here? People love to watch the mighty fall, and they love to talk about it. Look at Nintendo. The N64 wasn't incredibly successful, and the Gamecube was arguably a failure. Look where they are now. It's like deja vu from the NES/SNES days. Companies can come back from this, and the bigger the company is, the harder it is for them to go into a complete collapse. Sony killed off a lot of good systems with the PS1 and PS2. Now they're taking a turn at being walloped for awhile. And people love to talk/gloat about that. So some of it is hate, though I don't know what you gain from hating a company that doesn't care one way or the other about you in return.

3. Doesn't Sony deserve some of the crap they're getting right now? This whole generation has been a pretty big misstep for them and it couldn't have come at a worse time. If they're smart, they'll do what they have to do to get the company back on track, and if they have to ditch the PS3 division to accomplish that, then that's what they'll do. And don't some of the PS3 fanboys around here deserve some of it too? The PS3 has been given several dates over the past two years as far as when it was supposed to make its big comeback, and so far it hasn't even come close, but some of the PS3 zealots around here have always talked like it's been in 1st place this whole time. The reality: the PS3 has been in a solid 3rd place the whole time it's been out, and there don't seem to be many signs that it's going to come back.

Around the Network

Well , clearly lots of sony fanboys have reported me so i will cool off for now and go play some Left 4 Dead and streets of rage 2

Reporting me huh, how nice.

tut tut tut

Because this is a sales site, therefore the console company with the most sales in the previous gen and the least sales in this gen will be the talk of the town?

Seriously, there are so many angles of interest surrounding this issue that its not going to die down. Expect a spike in about 10 days from the release of NPD sales data, expect another spike about 2 weeks after that with the release of the financial data, expect another spike 2 weeks after that with the release of January NPD data, expect another spike with sales/review information from Killzone 2, 2 weeks later, expect another spike of interest from NPD data for February 2 weeks later...

Ok, I should have said it will go on and on and on and on, probably would have been much shorter.

Some people want to understand the situation, seriously! Asking why is it so bad? When will it get better? What will make it better? Will it get better? What standard should I expect from the PS3? Is 2nd place completely out of the question? There are a lot of questions that these recent events have thrown up.

I know one thing, be glad you're not in Neofag Neogaf if you think this is bad... Try this quote thats been repeated often there: "PS3 fanboys are more batshit insane than N64 fanboys"

I only go there when I follow links from here or Makingmusic, but its something I've seen there recently several times.

Edit: inadvertant rude spelling of rival websites name.

Tease.

Ronster316 said:
Bottom line is this..............................

90% of the best games on the Master system, Megadrive/Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast were made by Sega

On the flipside

97% of the best games on the ps1, ps2 and ps3 were made by 2ND and 3RD party developers.

So that sums it up for me.

Gaming talent " in house" made Sega LEGENDARY

2ND and 3RD party support made sony what they are today.

And thats the_______________________________

"one of the davantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

it all boils down to personal opinion. you believe sega 1st party owns all, then no one can change that. others believe nintendo pwns, and same with mircosoft and sony. but to force your opinion unto all of us is just plan silly. sure ps1 sony didnt have many first party, and ps2 they started pushing more, but the ps3 has amazing 1st/2nd party support and imho way better than anything sega has ever dished out.

People are being banned, and rightfully, for gleefully celebrating the idea of Sony's financial troubles. Sony hate isn't that widespread.

People are talking about how the economic troubles are going to affect the Playstation brand because it is a very, very, very serious question, and it's a possibility we have to acknowledge.

markers said:
Ronster316 said:
Bottom line is this..............................

90% of the best games on the Master system, Megadrive/Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast were made by Sega

On the flipside

97% of the best games on the ps1, ps2 and ps3 were made by 2ND and 3RD party developers.

So that sums it up for me.

Gaming talent " in house" made Sega LEGENDARY

2ND and 3RD party support made sony what they are today.

And thats the_______________________________

"one of the davantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

it all boils down to personal opinion. you believe sega 1st party owns all, then no one can change that. others believe nintendo pwns, and same with mircosoft and sony. but to force your opinion unto all of us is just plan silly. sure ps1 sony didnt have many first party, and ps2 they started pushing more, but the ps3 has amazing 1st/2nd party support and imho way better than anything sega has ever dished out.

Last comment of the day...........

I never said that Sega pawns all, Hell , i have the upmost respect for Nintendo, Capcom, Konami, Namco, Atari

E.P.I.C. ect....... you get the picture

My opinion was simply that Segas first party games OWN sonys 1st party games.

You disagree? thats your opinion.

And its my opinion that i'm right.