By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is it me or is there soooo much Sony Hate going on!

Joop_de_gekste said:
Staude said:
bouzane said:
Ronster316 said:
papflesje said:
Ronster316 said:
Outcast said:
You have to be an extremely shallow and stupid individual to wish the downfall of Sony after what they've done for the industry.

Somehow somthing tells me that MILLIONS of Sega and Nintendo fans would disagree with you on that one.

Money got sony to where they are today, not gaming talent.

They let others do their dirty work for them.

And MS is also smart enough to let others do their work... yet, you seem to wub wub them...

As i have said before............ Sony were the first big money "corporation" to come in to the gaming business, hence my issue is with sony and not microsoft.

Sony got to the top on the back of other peoples hard work, sony just paid them for the privilege.

It's OK for Microsoft to do the same things because they're not the first to do so? Sorry but you come accross as a butt hurt Sega fanboy who's mad at Sony. Sony has some quality game studios and the gaming community stands to gain nothing from the loss of the Playstation brand.

He is lol.

OP, you know i ask myself the same... but i come to the conclusion that some people feel insecure and feels better if they can bring other people down.

Excuse me but didn't the Sony guys started with the point that the 360 was dead?...

no ?

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Staude said:
disolitude said:
Staude said:
Pristine20 said:
@Ronster316

As soon as I saw the title of the thread I knew you'll be right at home. For someone who hates sony so much for the same things M$ (a company you support) has done, every new post from you makes less and less sense and just comes off as hypocrisy at it's finest. It's probably arising from bitterness that sony won a gen that one of your other "godly" corporations didn't perform too well in. Like I said in the other you just love to hate and thats all there is. Doesn't strike me as a great characteristic.

The idea of sony being the first co. to get in the industry making them deserve your hate is just as ludicrous as all the others ones you've introduced. Last time I checked, even nintendo co. was a corporation as well...just a smaller one. I tire of responding to each new reason you pull out of the blue and this would be the last time I do so. Enjoy your hating...

Coincidentially, sega whom he seems to support so much has shown great support for sony and no support for microsoft this gen.

except for Condemned 1, Chrome Hounds, Universe at War, Phantasy star, Virtua fighter 5 that has online on 360, and countles other xbox live games that are nowhere to be seen on psn...

? besides universe at war, a game not developed by Sega but by petroglyph (published by sega) the rest are meh games. Sega games on the ps3 are better.. Opinion, but metacritic probably agrees.. Also i take tekken over virtua fighter any day. It does argue against my point though, so well played.

Condemned is not meh!

Agreed otherwise, though. Sega is giving Sony much better support.

Lafiel said:
ph4nt said:

Not to mention Sony fanboys were talking crap when they were at the top for the last 10 years, kind of gets old and now it's time for revenge.

actually I think a lot of the most passionate "haters" were pro Sony (or better anti MS/Ninty) when Sony was on top and now are anti Sony - it's not revenge because they would have to get revenge on themselves

Nice one man.

PS2 sold over 120 mil consoles. With all the anti-sony stuff going around nowadays, I have to ask myself exactly who were the 120 mil people who bought this console. Sounds like many of our dear "haters" must have purchased the console as well because I only bought 2. Maybe they just like to hate the company at the bottom or just want to be "where it's at". Talk about flip-flopping.

In my case, I'd remain pro-sony till the PS brand ceases to exist simply because I never really considered gaming a hobby till the brand came into existence. I'd never have bought an xbox or any other console I'd buy in the future if ps1 never existed. Thats all there is to it.

Now that I've mentioned that I'm pro-sony, I should also mention that I'm not anti-any other company...just indifferent. This is what differentiates me from most of the purported "haters".

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

ph4nt said:
There is a ton of Sony hate because Sony and their fans brought it upon themselves. Who can forget about how big headed Sony execs were prior to the PS3 launch.

Remember them saying they will sell 5 million consoles even without games?

Or that you should get a 2nd job to buy PS3?

Sony had it's share of @#$% slinging too, DS is for people under 12 etc.

Comments like these pissed off people who owned the Nintendo consoles, so when PS3 ironically crashed and burned, it was their turn to throw some @#$% back, you must realize it is immensely satisfying to get revenge on someone who talked down to you.

The Sony fanboys on this site brought hate upon themselves by spewing out nothing but crap about Wii and 360, the "power of t3h cell" "wii has no games" etc. etc.

Not to mention Sony fanboys were talking crap when they were at the top for the last 10 years, kind of gets old and now it's time for revenge.

PS3 is not doing good, it's not "doing good for the price" It's not improving, It's not following Sony's "10 year plan" It's far behind expectations, these are facts, not opinions, not hate. Just accept it and have fun with what you got, trying to defend the PS3's situation with comments like "wait for this, wait for that, MGS4 will destroy the Wii, 2008 year of the PS3!" it just fuels people to talk even more trash.

This really sums up everything beautifully.

I think the arrogance of Sony and its most extreme rabid supporters is the reason why people just enjoy seeing Sony fall under its own weight because of their poorly thought out business decisions.

Honestly, I would like to see Sony continue to make contributions to the gaming industry (competition is always good for the consumer), but it is slightly satisfying to see Sony and its most delusional supporters squirm.

In loving memory of the Sega Dreamcast...smile*

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

@ Pristine20 )

I believe these people I'm talking about need to affirm themselves of their decision every time they speak about it and sadly the only way they seem to be able to do so is by throwing as much mud at the competition as they can.

@ Valkyria00 )

that was pretty offending to me as a PS3 user, why do generalize that much?

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Because this is a sales site, therefore the console company with the most sales in the previous gen and the least sales in this gen will be the talk of the town?

Seriously, there are so many angles of interest surrounding this issue that its not going to die down. Expect a spike in about 10 days from the release of NPD sales data, expect another spike about 2 weeks after that with the release of the financial data, expect another spike 2 weeks after that with the release of January NPD data, expect another spike with sales/review information from Killzone 2, 2 weeks later, expect another spike of interest from NPD data for February 2 weeks later...

Ok, I should have said it will go on and on and on and on, probably would have been much shorter.

Some people want to understand the situation, seriously! Asking why is it so bad? When will it get better? What will make it better? Will it get better? What standard should I expect from the PS3? Is 2nd place completely out of the question? There are a lot of questions that these recent events have thrown up.

I know one thing, be glad you're not in Neofag Neogaf if you think this is bad... Try this quote thats been repeated often there: "PS3 fanboys are more batshit insane than N64 fanboys"

I only go there when I follow links from here or Makingmusic, but its something I've seen there recently several times.

Edit: inadvertant rude spelling of rival websites name.

The quote that you have bolded has a lot of truth to it though.  And it's not necessarily a negative thing unless they're jerks about it.  It's ok to vehemently defend your console of choice for its real merits.  For movie watching, the PS3 was a no brainer for a long time because it was the cheapest BluRay player out there (and is probably still the NICEST one out there for the price.)  It's also a great gaming machine and has free (yet still a bit sub-par) online access. 

On the other hand, I have never seen fanboys as delusional as PS3 fanboys.  They talk as if the PS3 has been in first place for this entire generation.  They'll take one little number, spin it into something it doesn't actually mean, and then use it to justify the myriad of predicted PS3 comeback dates.  (Beginning/middle of the year people usually claim it will be in the summer of that year.  Middle/End of the year people usually claim it will be the holiday season.)

In other words, people think the PS3 is going to automatically make some miraculous comeback solely based on the fact that it's a Sony console and Sony held all the power the last two generations.  The "batshit insane" ones just assume this is going to happen and act like it already HAS happened.  I think that's ludicrous.  If someone says "I love the PS3 because (fill in the blank with a cool feature), that's one thing.  You can actually discuss that.  You can weigh the pros and cons.  You can compare and contrast the three consoles based on that statement.  When somebody just flat out says "PS3 FTW, xbox 360 sucks, year of the PS3, blah blah blah!!!!!!", it just makes me think they're idiots, and in fact, "batshit insane". And when they really get backed into a corner, they just start making giant lists of software that's coming out for the PS3, a lot of it is usually completely made up or based on really weak speculation and rumor.  Once I see a list of software in a post, I generally just stop reading it.   

Do 360 owners do this too?  Oh yes.  Absolutely.  And if the 360 was in third place right now, they'd probably be acting just as insane as the PS3 fanboys are.  But I think 360 owners are content knowing their console has a solid foothold and does not have the shaky future that the PS3 seems to have right now.  The PS3 "dying" first is not that far fetched.  After all, PS1 and PS2 had a huge hand in killing off several competing consoles.  Sony is not immune to this just because they've caused it in the past.

Domicinator said:
Squilliam said:

Because this is a sales site, therefore the console company with the most sales in the previous gen and the least sales in this gen will be the talk of the town?

Seriously, there are so many angles of interest surrounding this issue that its not going to die down. Expect a spike in about 10 days from the release of NPD sales data, expect another spike about 2 weeks after that with the release of the financial data, expect another spike 2 weeks after that with the release of January NPD data, expect another spike with sales/review information from Killzone 2, 2 weeks later, expect another spike of interest from NPD data for February 2 weeks later...

Ok, I should have said it will go on and on and on and on, probably would have been much shorter.

Some people want to understand the situation, seriously! Asking why is it so bad? When will it get better? What will make it better? Will it get better? What standard should I expect from the PS3? Is 2nd place completely out of the question? There are a lot of questions that these recent events have thrown up.

I know one thing, be glad you're not in Neofag Neogaf if you think this is bad... Try this quote thats been repeated often there: "PS3 fanboys are more batshit insane than N64 fanboys"

I only go there when I follow links from here or Makingmusic, but its something I've seen there recently several times.

The quote that you have bolded has a lot of truth to it though.  And it's not necessarily a negative thing unless they're jerks about it.  It's ok to vehemently defend your console of choice for its real merits.  For movie watching, the PS3 was a no brainer for a long time because it was the cheapest BluRay player out there (and is probably still the NICEST one out there for the price.)  It's also a great gaming machine and has free (yet still a bit sub-par) online access. 

On the other hand, I have never seen fanboys as delusional as PS3 fanboys.  They talk as if the PS3 has been in first place for this entire generation.  They'll take one little number, spin it into something it doesn't actually mean, and then use it to justify the myriad of predicted PS3 comeback dates.  (Beginning/middle of the year people usually claim it will be in the summer of that year.  Middle/End of the year people usually claim it will be the holiday season.)

In other words, people think the PS3 is going to automatically make some miraculous comeback solely based on the fact that it's a Sony console and Sony held all the power the last two generations.  The "batshit insane" ones just assume this is going to happen and act like it already HAS happened.  I think that's ludicrous.  If someone says "I love the PS3 because (fill in the blank with a cool feature), that's one thing.  You can actually discuss that.  You can weigh the pros and cons.  You can compare and contrast the three consoles based on that statement.  When somebody just flat out says "PS3 FTW, xbox 360 sucks, year of the PS3, blah blah blah!!!!!!", it just makes me think they're idiots, and in fact, "batshit insane". And when they really get backed into a corner, they just start making giant lists of software that's coming out for the PS3, a lot of it is usually completely made up or based on really weak speculation and rumor.  Once I see a list of software in a post, I generally just stop reading it.   

Do 360 owners do this too?  Oh yes.  Absolutely.  And if the 360 was in third place right now, they'd probably be acting just as insane as the PS3 fanboys are.  But I think 360 owners are content knowing their console has a solid foothold and does not have the shaky future that the PS3 seems to have right now.  The PS3 "dying" first is not that far fetched.  After all, PS1 and PS2 had a huge hand in killing off several competing consoles.  Sony is not immune to this just because they've caused it in the past.

So 360 fanboys are exactly the same but somehow ps3 fanboys are the worst? Nice way of contradicting yourself.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
Domicinator said:
Squilliam said:

So 360 fanboys are exactly the same but somehow ps3 fanboys are the worst? Nice way of contradicting yourself.

And way to fit the stereo type.  You're twisting my words around to make it sound like something I didn't say.  I said the 360 fanboys aren't AS BAD because their console is not in dead last and that they probably would be just as bad if that were the case.

I'm upset with sony because I had to rebuy 3 ps2s that were broken with disc read errors and sony gave me no warranty. I swore that day i would NEVER buy a sony product again. At least MS has a 3 year warranty with the 360.

The ps3 was way overpriced and they expected people to buy it. No thanks ken kuritagi. Keep your george foreman grill paperweight system. Bribing disney , fox and WB to support blu-ray didnt help matters either. The arrogance sony has shown this generation is enough to make anybody hate them. Which is why you see the playstation brand declining across the board.

Domicinator said:
Pristine20 said:
Domicinator said:
Squilliam said:

And way to fit the stereo type.  You're twisting my words around to make it sound like something I didn't say.  I said the 360 fanboys aren't AS BAD because their console is not in dead last and that they probably would be just as bad if that were the case.

You're funny because you're still saying the same thing. Basically, if 360 was dead last, its fans would behave exactly how you think ps3 fans behave. Hence 360 fans = ps3 fans.

What stereotype am I fitting, You're making a meaningless statement and I'm calling BS on it simple as that. Ps3 gets a lot of heat because of sony's failure this gen and it's only it's real fans left to defend it. Thats why we spend so much time in it's defense.