By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CONFIRMED!!! PS3 is the most reliable system out yet!

http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975

They put it in a freezer at zero degrees for up to 108 hours and they put it in a sauna at 120 degrees for up to 64 hours — all the while running games and Blu-ray Disc movies on it. Did it fail? Nope. Like the Energizer Bunny, it kept going and going and going

mM
Around the Network

Sweet, you know how much I love taking a Sauna with my consoles

In before the trolls with the 'too bad it doesn't have any games to play on it'...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

My NES is still working after 20 years and thousands of hours of use and abuses from 2 energetic boys, it resisted the cold of one month with no electricity due to the ice storm back in 1998, the dust and the hot summers so I need more to be impressed ^^ But still, nice find ;) Now I just hope that my Wii will last me that long!

Do they test the Wii or anything as well? Because if they dont then you cant really claim its the most reliable...

Still pretty bloody impressive I must admit.

Around the Network

Nice finding leo! Any shock/impact tests out there already?

Repeat thread btw.
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=5477

:P

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Lets wait a year or two and see if the system breaks then.
I got so burnt on my PS2s that I have a hard time trusting the Sony name, sure the system might stand up well right now but how about a system thats been used for a year or two, will it then pass the same tests?

It's great that Sony created a solid system (if it lasts), but not to be a troll or anything but That doesn't mean d!ck if all it does is sit in your room collecting dust. Sure the Xbox360 is unreliable But I am at least willing to go out and re-buy it cause I like the games that are on it. If it wasn't for the game library then I would have just sold off what games I have and never looked back.

I'm also curious on how well the Wii would do in this test. Nintendo has always made solid systems, hell I still have my original NES from 20 years ago and it still works great.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

Not to shocking to me, but it seems I have always been lucky with Sony products. I had the PS1 since day one, PS2 the same, with PSP, and 3. I have a Walkman from when I was real little and our main TV was a Sony My dad bought in 87 until we got our new one last year. Every product I have had from them has lasted its time. The PS1 has in fact lasted me, my little brother, and now it resides in my sisters room. I feel this is my reason for being a pretty big Sony fanboy. It is hard not to love them when you never got to deal with them.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

the test was NOT done on any of the other two consoles so the proof that it is the most reliable is false. and until they do the same exact test on the other two systems they can NOT claim that the ps3 is most reliable. thanks come again

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049