By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CONFIRMED!!! PS3 is the most reliable system out yet!

I'm honestly more interested in the lifespan of a system, not its ability to surivive a day on Neptune.

While "durability" is key, its rarely a factor in a console's "longevity" making for an innapropriate use of "reliable" as the operative word. But semantics aside, I want a console that will last me 20+ years if not longer, not so much something that can stop a bullet mid flight and still work.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
leo-j said:
Ofcourse the wii is alot more durable and easily strongly designed than the ps3, so it is the most reliable system/sarcasm.

I don't know if it is more durable or not but you have a point that easy made consoles can be more durable and reliable.

If there is a thing that I maybe will be scared about the Wii are the controllers I hope they will rest long and that thing you have to put next to the Wii (that thing that finds your mote).

If you're worrying about Wiimotes in terms of durability, I can confidently say they're more than fine.  I brought my Wii in to school to use Bowling in a review game for exams.  One time, I was quickly trying to reset the pins (i.e. knock the rest down), and I loosely grabbed the Wiimote and began to bowl.  However, as I said, I grabbed it loosely, and it flew out of my hands (no strap) while I was swinging, flew fifteen feet into the air, crashed into the hardwood ceiling, fell down, clanged into the TV, and finally fell to the floor.  When I recovered it, I couldn't find a single scratch or dent.  It's insanely durable.  You should be more worried about what it hits than the Wiimote itself as it's a pretty destructive projectile.