By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii is kO'ing everyone

shakarak said:
I think this whole topic is flame bait. I always see wii ga,ers talking about the games and not the sales. Where do you see this leo j?

leo j is a sony fanboy

this topic is just bait

i love taking bait

Around the Network

Remind me, what is the name of this forum?

Something....Chartz?? XD

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

FishyJoe is a bit faster than me =p.

Anyway I understand what you mean....It is like some Wii fans just don't care about games anymore but just about sales.

'Valkyria Chronicles is a great game' 'Yeah but it don't sale much haha!.

Wait, the wii is winning?

WHAT!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Given that Wii is the most popular of the three, and the attach rates are similar to PS3/360 on a per console basis, its pretty clear its because Wii owners are satisfied with their lineup of games, and see no reason to argue over the nature of exclusivity, micro sales trends, etc.

Game attach rates are effectively a measure of satisfaction. No console has ever had an attach rate of over ~11 games, and even PS2 needed eight years to get the attach rate that high. If you can sell 100 million consoles and keep people reasonably happy so that they will buy more than a dozen games (figure 30 million buy 20 games+ and the rest buy 20 or less), its much better than selling 40 million consoles and keeping people very happy (figure 15 million buy 30 games+, and the rest buy 30 or less). Diversity is key to demographic success. PS2 is at 133.8m shipped through September 2008 and 1.4b units of software through the same time frame - thats a measure of confidence. In the Americas, which is where most of the users on this site are from, Wii has an attach rate of about 8 games/console overall. Thats pretty good in terms of gamer satisfaction for two years, given that the average PS2 owner has only 11 games after buying the system in ~2003 - about five years. What it suggests is, given a similar or greater sales trajectory, Wii gamers will end up with 15 games or something after owning the system for five years. Alot of people on the site seem to prefer being in the super-satisfied category, having grown up with the N64 which averaged about 6 games sold per console...over five years.

Personally, I'm trending toward about 55 Wii games, 25 Wiiware games, and 10 Virtual Consoles and I consider that a massive investment of time and cash even over seven to ten years, so I don't know why some people insist a system needs 100s of similar games when you'll never have time to play them all. Most of you consider yourselves hardcore but will only buy 30 games or less for a given system.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

konnichiwa said:
FishyJoe is a bit faster than me =p.

Anyway I understand what you mean....It is like some Wii fans just don't care about games anymore but just about sales.

if Michael Jackson sold under 1 million would he be considered the king of pop i seriously doubt that

TheSource said:

Given that Wii is the most popular of the three, and the attach rates are similar to PS3/360 on a per console basis, its pretty clear its because Wii owners are satisfied with their lineup of games, and see no reason to argue over the nature of exclusivity, micro sales trends, etc.

Game attach rates are effectively a measure of satisfaction. No console has ever had an attach rate of over ~11 games, and even PS2 needed eight years to get the attach rate that high. If you can sell 100 million consoles and keep people reasonably happy so that they will buy more than a dozen games (figure 30 million buy 50 games+ and the rest buy 5), its much better than selling 40 million consoles and keeping people very happy (figure 15 million buy 50 games+, and the rest buy 10). Diversity is key to demographic success. PS2 is at 133.8m shipped through September 2008 and 1.4b units of software through the same time frame - thats a measure of confidence. In the Americas, which is where most of the users on this site are from, Wii has an attach rate of about 8 games/console overall. Thats pretty good in terms of gamer satisfaction for two years, given that the average PS2 owner has only 11 games after buying the system in ~2003 - about five years. What it suggests is, given a similar or greater sales trajectory, Wii gamers will end up with 15 games or something after owning the system for five years. Alot of people on the site seem to prefer being in the super-satisfied category, having grown up with the N64 which averaged about 6 games sold per console...over five years.

Personally, I'm trending toward about 55 Wii games, 25 Wiiware games, and 10 Virtual Consoles and I consider that a massive investment of time and cash even over seven to ten years, so I don't know why some people insist a system needs 100s of similar games when you'll never have time to play them all. Most of you consider yourselves hardcore but will only buy 30 games or less for a given system.

Lucky for you that you wrote "most"!!

im quite happy speaking about games

1.fire emblem radiant dawn is so fun and addicting ive stopped playing my brothers animal crossing

2. on said fire emblem, once youve completed the game can you start a new but using the leveled up character cos that would rock

3. has anyone done the really annoyingly hard challenge on the shooting gallery?

4. has anyone yet been hardcore eneough to get 100% completion on M&S at the olympic games (mario and sonic not marks and spencers)

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

konnichiwa said:

'Valkyria Chronicles is a great game' 'Yeah but it don't sale much haha!.

This is exactly what I mean.

mM