By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is the 360 worth it without live

sigh....EA keeps buying game studios who make games enjoy, or licenses, and stop making them. Its like they actively want to earn my hate.... and then they go and release just enough good games, why did lucas drop mercenaries 2.... now EA has it, command and conquer, sim city, the studio that made imperium galactica II, 3 was cancelled, civil war generals 2, 3 was canceled. and so so many more

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

ya worth it still can dowload an ass load of stuff(live arcade games, demos, trailers, movies, music,) you also can still send messages and chat. Do everything i just said with live silver account and it it FREE !!!!

yeah live gold is worth it just if you really like multiplayer and if you have friends to play with via live... otherwise... you can go buy a guiness every month instead of live gold lol :P

I have a 360.
I have a high speed internet connection.
I have a one month free xbla membership card from when my 360 ringed out.
It's still in my wallet, unused.

Any questions?

yeah were is your wallet ??? :)
I have a 3 month gold card too unused... I did renew mine for now..; I don't have any game with which I feel the need to play live... (well and honestly I was broke back then)

Around the Network

If you're not getting it for online shooters then yes it is worth it. Especially if you like RPGs.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

It is worth it...atleast in this view..

You can play xbox/xbox 360 games

You can play dvd movies

.......I dont know but Id rather have a ps2 with no online than a 360(no online) look at the games to play GOD OF WAR!!!!

But if your planning on getting a 360 with no online sure go ahead good games coming soon.

mM

It's worth it to me, but this is coming from someone who doesn't do hardly any online gaming. Arcade is nice, but it's not the only thing, the only games I really play on it are Geometry Wars and Bomberman.

Pillzee said:
Call me cheap but I'm not willing to pay fifty dollars a year for xbox live. Thing is though the online component seems to be the biggest draw of the 360. Is the system worth it without onlnie gaming and XBLA?

I only play local co-op multiplayer so live gold isn't necessary for me.  You get free access to everything else including demos -- Bioshock OMFG!

Seriously, it's worth every penny.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

13 cents a day.

13 cents a day.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick