By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is the 360 worth it without live

Is an X360 worth it without going online at all? Yes. It still has the biggest, best amount of offline awesome games. Many games are offline co-op, and are fun.

Is it even better to have an intenet connection on your X360? Heck yes. The X360 vastly outpaces every other console in terms of free content - demos, patches, and many other cool things are always free. You don't pay a dime for 99% of demos (the only ones that are pay-for are OXM disks) and free patches. XBL gives everything a whole new huge depth.

Now, as for the $30-$50/year for gold memberships - it's a great system, but isn't needed. If you can't live without online multiplayer, and don't want to pay $3/mo, then I don't know what to say. I've had an X360 since Nov 22nd 2005, and I've NEVER played online. It's still a great system without it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

In the UK it's £39.99 = $80

Why? Nintendo's is free. Sony's is free.

Oh yeah, they've lost $7,000,000,000 on Xbox and Zune. forgot about that.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I used my 360 for a year without doing any multiplayer and it was sweet as. When I tried Gears of War online at a friends house I was sold and borrowed Halo 2 and a got a gold live account and play every day (almost).

I'm not even THAT into FPS, but if you hate them there is probably not much benefit.

Game_boy said:
In the UK it's £39.99 = $80

Why? Nintendo's is free. Sony's is free.

Oh yeah, they've lost $7,000,000,000 on Xbox and Zune. forgot about that.

That's some huge BS but hey what ever go back on your live that suck balls and don't come here if you don't like it..... I'd pay every day 2 bucks to have a live like XBL than having the one of sony or nintendo and them giving me the 2 bucks.... 

you don't make pay something that's bad that's why you don't pay..... and all the dev prefere XBL because they get money out of it too no just MS.... 

I even wonder why I answered that.... probably because I'm in a really bad mood today... sorry 

For 7 cents a day, I say it's definitely worth it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Nintendo and Sony is free, but you pay for what you get.

Nintendo has very splotchy online multiplayer, more expinsive VC content, and inferior VC content, and absolutely no DLC or patches, no media content (movies, TV, clips, music, ect), but does have a few other channels.

Sony has mediocre online, decent (but very little) DLC, some patches, no media content (but promises some in the future).

The X360 has the most online multiplayer content of any console in history, tons of XBLA games that are wholesale cheaper and better than VC (online multiplayer for most games, reworked graphics, leaderboards, ect), cheaper VC content (most XBLA games recieve better versions at cheaper prices than VC), the most DLC both free and pay-for, and actual media content.

And the fact is, unless your a multiplayer freak, your still not going to ever pay a dime for content. The only thing I've bought would be the same stuff any Wii owner or PS3 owner would pay for - downloadable games. Outside of this, I'm still getting vastly superior content for free.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

yeah without saying that multiplayer servers are better than the other console... with better ping, better maintenance.... you have usually acces to stats kept by the server for your multi parties etc...
hell people pay to play MMORPG way more and it's one game... there you pay to play multi with any game which support it (which by the way is over PS3 or WII) on a higher quality network....
RHA HE PISSED ME OFF FOR THE DAY (which was already bad) with his morronic remark....

hum sorry for my less than respectable comments game_boy.... but I was really not in the right mood today... and your attack just got me started for no real reasons.... I'm sorry and apologize again.

absolutely. my gold ran out over a year ago and it hasn't really affected me. of course, i'll be buying again come halo & unreal time..

You can always go on ebay and get a 12 month Gold membership for around $20-25.