By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's Talk: Will 2009 be sonys year?

It's got nuffin to do with games. It didn't in 2007 nor in 2008, and besides both HD consoles have a huge library of great games. After all, we're in the middle of a generation already.

It all comes down to the size of price drop(s).

I still believe PS3 will cost $299 in 2009. Perhaps with a split price drop, $50 in April and another $50 for Holidays. In that case Sony will win 2009 easili.

But if drop is only $50 in 2009 the X360 will win of course.

Around the Network
RAZurrection said:
Gearbox said:

3. HUGE linup. Uncharted 2, god of war 3, gran turismo 5, killzone 2, infamous, white knight chronicles, ratchet and clank future series, the list goes on.

No.

The bolded are 2010 titles and the list really doesn't go on. It's Heavy Rain and thats it.

Uncharted 2. And no they aren't. They are speculated to be, but GOW3 has been confirmed for 09 before.

Oh yeah and every year is the year of the playstation. That's just how it's gotta be :P they do awesome stuff every year.

Check out my game about moles ^

badgenome said:
TheBigFatJ said:
badgenome said:
Christhor said:
Gearbox said:

5. Ready at dawn studios might just make their own ip for the psp rather then using other titles. Everything they have made is/was genious

what do u think? 

Even after they said they'd never make a PSP(1) game again?

Yeah, they seem to be reneging on that.

Nope.  They sent all of their PSP development kits back to Sony.  They're moving to more profitable platforms.

Yeah, I guess so. It looks like the rumor that Ready at Dawn were reconsidering PSP development began (as usual) with an off-the-cuff remark that's been blown way out of proportion.

Actually they got new development kits 3 months after they sent the ones they had back. Furthermore they said they might have been a little hasty and that they really enjoy developing for the psp.

Check out my game about moles ^

No. I don't think any year will be the PS3's year. They've just kind of fallen behind and now they can't get back.

nope

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

The PS3 costs way too much to make thanks to the fact that they built a multi-media trojan / Cell CPU advertisement instead of a real gaming system. Sony's current financial troubles coupled with high production costs is going to make a price cut very painful for them and clearly price is the PS3's biggest obsticle. An excellent lineup of games did nothing last year and it's not going to do anything this year (especially when backed by Sony's "advertising"). Second place hinges on a price cut that Sony can't afford.

BHR-3 said:
if ur talking about better HW sales than previous years than yes
if ur talking about good sw lineup yes
if ur talking about outselling 360 ww in 09 than yes
if ur talking about outselling the wii im sad to say no

LOL. Please use common sense.

You guys are forgetting that final fantasy 13 is launching in Japan this christmas and that will be a huge megaton bomb to explode console sales. Plus I will import a copy from hong kong if it releases there because of no region lock and english dubs.

The_God_of_War said:
In terms of games, they have '09 in the bag. But for sales, profit, marketshare etc, Ninty will wipe the floor with them again.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
The_God_of_War said:
In terms of games, they have '09 in the bag. But for sales, profit, marketshare etc, Ninty and MS will wipe the floor with them again.

Fixed