By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quick...Convince me to buy a PS3!!!

rubido said:

Also, that $350 offer seems nice. I would look at the details on that CC first though. But I don't think it can be that bad.

I looked at the details of the CC.  There are no fees or hidden membership dues.  As long as you make your payments on time, the interest rate is 0% for an introductory period, 15% thereafter.  If you miss a payment or are late, they jump to 32% (ouch!).  The best thing to do would be to get the card, buy the PS3, make your payments on time and pay it off before the 0% interest rate ends.  Then cancel it, cut it up, and thank sony from the bottom of your heart for their generosity.  

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
jhlennon1 said:

Now you're calling me a fanboy, further proof that the word is meaningless coming from you. Also, I never insulted you personally. I said you mis-use the word fanboy and have talked crap in this thread and both points are completely true.

Ok im mostly PC gamer, but i like other games. RPGs mostlly Ninteno games are cool I like Mario main games and Kart, Zelda and MP games. I have PS and PS2. I got Game Cube after war in Yugoslavia ended and Nintendo with Red Cross/Crescent Movement sent few thousends GC and GBA for kids who in some way lost something/someone. So excuse me if i show little love for Nintendo, but I owned both sony consols and dont have ABSOLUTELLY NOTHING against sony. I love sony erisccon products. So I'm not fanboy in any way and word has full meaning when i say it to someone. Dont have problem with them except for those blinded ones who keep talking crap. And for the last time it was a joke a non offensive joke

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.

-Albert Einstein

kn said:
rubido said:

Also, that $350 offer seems nice. I would look at the details on that CC first though. But I don't think it can be that bad.

I looked at the details of the CC. There are no fees or hidden membership dues. As long as you make your payments on time, the interest rate is 0% for an introductory period, 15% thereafter. If you miss a payment or are late, they jump to 32% (ouch!). The best thing to do would be to get the card, buy the PS3, make your payments on time and pay it off before the 0% interest rate ends. Then cancel it, cut it up, and thank sony from the bottom of your heart for their generosity.

Those details aren't pretty but those aren't the worst ones. The worst detail is the you have to make the purchase by August 31st and there's a decent chance you're not going to get the credit card by then.

As for opening and closing credit cards really quickly, that raises red flags on your credit. I don't know if it would hurt too much with just a one time thing but opening and closing credits like that is just generally a bad idea.

-edit-

And don't take this as a don't get a PS3 statement, just trying to save you some grief.  If you dig the games on the PS3 by all means get it, just don't let yourself be ripped off. 

twesterm said:
kn said:
Get on the sony website and take advantage of the 350 PS3 with 150 discount by using their credit card. It's a smokin deal and if you have a HD TV, you are set. You still get 5 blueray movies so you get a freakin smoking deal. If I had a high def TV, I'd already have ordered one. Sadly, though, I don't so the extra feature of Blue Ray does me no good at the moment and with a 360 I've got more games than I can play at the moment.

God no, don't do that! Read the fine print before you even think about it. You have to make the purchase before August 31st and it takes up to 30 days to approve the credit card and will likely take a while.

Go back and re-read it. They will provide instant approval and will give you the credit card number and CCN right there on screen. If you start the process (I did, but aborted) you will get the full T&Cs. They tell you to write down the numbers immediately. The numbers can be used ONE TIME, during that session, only in the Sony online store. After that, you have to wait until you get the card in hand. I'm a cheapskate and I'm always looking for a deal. This one is genuine as long as you don't get in over your head and can't make the payments.

*Edit* -- One more big reason to buy NOW... The chances of getting a PS3 with 5BR movies for 350 bucks is probably 2 years or more away...  No time like the present.  If I had an HDTV, I'd have already ordered a PS3.  Simple as that.  $350 is just too good to pass up.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Guys, quit the flaming now please!

@soriku -  I don't want to see you jump into any "Sony discussion" threads again, and only make snide, flaming comments.

@Montana - you haven't done anything wrong, just defending flaming posts. Don't worry.

@gebx - that initial flaming post was unnecessary. I doubt you have a PS3, and only those with games should really be recommending titles.

@mrshady - this is your only warning from me. That first post was an obvious flame - do it again, and we'll start with a 1-day ban.

Everyday I see this board slowly sliding down the slope towards flame hell - and I won't have it :P 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
twesterm said:
kn said:
rubido said:

I looked at the details of the CC. There are no fees or hidden membership dues. As long as you make your payments on time, the interest rate is 0% for an introductory period, 15% thereafter. If you miss a payment or are late, they jump to 32% (ouch!). The best thing to do would be to get the card, buy the PS3, make your payments on time and pay it off before the 0% interest rate ends. Then cancel it, cut it up, and thank sony from the bottom of your heart for their generosity.

Those details aren't pretty but those aren't the worst ones. The worst detail is the you have to make the purchase by August 31st and there's a decent chance you're not going to get the credit card by then.

As for opening and closing credit cards really quickly, that raises red flags on your credit. I don't know if it would hurt too much with just a one time thing but opening and closing credits like that is just generally a bad idea.

-edit-

And don't take this as a don't get a PS3 statement, just trying to save you some grief. If you dig the games on the PS3 by all means get it, just don't let yourself be ripped off.

No, you are wrong. You only have to make a purchase by Nov. 31st. You only have to apply by Aug. 31st. I think I am repeating myself, because I already said this.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

shams said:

Guys, quit the flaming now please!

@soriku - I don't want to see you jump into any "Sony discussion" threads again, and only make snide, flaming comments.

@Montana - you haven't done anything wrong, just defending flaming posts. Don't worry.

@gebx - that initial flaming post was unnecessary. I doubt you have a PS3, and only those with games should really be recommending titles.

@mrshady - this is your only warning from me. That first post was an obvious flame - do it again, and we'll start with a 1-day ban.

Everyday I see this board slowly sliding down the slope towards flame hell - and I won't have it :P

shams i already said that it was a joke not a flame by any chance and you know it, it was a joke that you could hear at the street with some guys laughing and everything would be cool. I talk with my friends like that most of the time and dont see what problem is now.

You know what the flame is. The flame would be if I said "PS3 suck dont get it, there is no games sixaxis sukcs...." and you want here that from me. I say what i think but NEVER would offence anyone without reason I know that you are Nintendo..... supporter and that you try to remove the image that site is Nintendo biased (although its not and those same people we were talking about started that crap) by baning me cos you think that im Nintendo fanboy and im not, it just happens that I like a lot of there games plus some other reasons but mostly PC gamer with PS and PS2.

And you are probably going to deny it, but I dont care cos you know that this is true

I already apologized to those who can not accept simple joke and ended, but others just couldn't let it go

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.

-Albert Einstein

Wow, this thread turned out well. Glad I wasn't here for the battle.

I'd say buy it... just to piss of everyone telling you not to. But that's probably not the best use of your money.

I've had one since release and I use it for all kinds of stuff. Originally, I used it for Blazing Angels (kind of fun with the motion controls) and Untold Legends. After playing those a while, I for NFS:Carbon and a friend and I have been working off and on some weekends getting it 100%. What else? Motorstorm and some demos from the PSN Store. The DLNA media services have come in handy most recently as a good way to "obtain" my favorite shows on my PC and stream them to the PS3. Since my brother picked up one, I've also used it to chat with him a few times since he lives on the other side of the country.

It all depends on what you want it for. Games? They are coming but the selection isn't all that great now. A media hub? You definitely must own one, and by that I mean yesterday.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Buy it, why wouldnt you? There's nothing holding you back.

mM