By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quick...Convince me to buy a PS3!!!

akuma587 said:
twesterm said:
kn said:
Get on the sony website and take advantage of the 350 PS3 with 150 discount by using their credit card. It's a smokin deal and if you have a HD TV, you are set. You still get 5 blueray movies so you get a freakin smoking deal. If I had a high def TV, I'd already have ordered one. Sadly, though, I don't so the extra feature of Blue Ray does me no good at the moment and with a 360 I've got more games than I can play at the moment.

God no, don't do that! Read the fine print before you even think about it. You have to make the purchase before August 31st and it takes up to 30 days to approve the credit card and will likely take a while. After finally approving the credit card, they then have to send it to you which could add another few days if you're lucky to the process.

If you do apply for that card you more than likely will miss out on the deal and you'll be stuck with a credit card you do not want (and have to make a purchase on by November on I believe).

Dude, don't you understand how the internet works? I got approved for an Amazon and a Buy.com credit card instantly and was able to use it literally seconds after I applied to save $30 from each site. From what I have heard, I think this works the same way. I will look into it right now.

It doesn't always work that smoothly.  Credit applications can easily take 30 to take effect, especially if you have credit hiccups or have opened a lot of credit cards recently.

Around the Network

buy it.
you will never regret it.
if you do, you can punch me in the face

didnt read the whole thread but in an attempt to help the thread creator

i am playing a lot of :

Rainbow Six : Vegas (online mostly)
The Darkness (completing offline on hardest difficulty)
Calling all Cars ($7.99 on PSN, maybe even $5 I forget)
Madden '08 (comes out tomorrow)
Motorstorm (when my buddies are online & racing)

sitting on my games shelf :

Oblivion (good game, just not in my gaming schedule atm)
Ridge Racer 7 (if only it had voice chat online)
Resistance (already played the heck out of it and already playing 2 FPS)

Other great uses I am utilizing :

easily playing MP3's on the home theater speakers

watching upscaled DVD's

watching Blu Ray movies when blockbuster online actually sends me one

easily sharing high res pictures with friends via my 51" HDTV instead of crowding around my camera or computer monitor

!!! and Lair & Warhawk are right around the corner !!!

some of these things can be done with the other consoles but in my case the PS3 brought them all home to me

jhlennon1 said:

Is this a joke post? mrshady should refrain from posting until he understands what the word fanboy means. The word is excessively overused as it as, but under mrshady's definition the word has no meaning at all. I can't believe I actually took the time to read that crap you've posted in this thread.... unbelieveable.

yeah you see you had to take time and post because you are one of those we were talking about, fanboyism force is too strong.

And look you are insulting how unusual for sony fanboy. Do you suck that badly in real life so you have to play big man on net (question not insult). Man i dont hate any company i just cant stand when people are saying crap although it looks like that is one of todays primary goals of internet and your post is one of those. Sony is cool, ps3 is cool, relax, take a drink and accept the joke. Playing big guy on the net and offecing others without reson takes you nowhere.

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.

-Albert Einstein

mrshady said:
jhlennon1 said:

Is this a joke post? mrshady should refrain from posting until he understands what the word fanboy means. The word is excessively overused as it as, but under mrshady's definition the word has no meaning at all. I can't believe I actually took the time to read that crap you've posted in this thread.... unbelieveable.

yeah you see you had to take time and post because you are one of those we were talking about, fanboyism force is too strong.

And look you are insulting how unusual for sony fanboy. Do you suck that badly in real life so you have to play big man on net (question not insult). Man i dont hate any company i just cant stand when people are saying crap although it looks like that is one of todays primary goals of internet and your post is one of those. Sony is cool, ps3 is cool, relax, take a drink and accept the joke. Playing big guy on the net and offecing others without reson takes you nowhere.

Now you're calling me a fanboy, further proof that the word is meaningless coming from you. Also, I never insulted you personally. I said you mis-use the word fanboy and have talked crap in this thread and both points are completely true.

Around the Network

One don't listen to wii fanboys.

Two make up your own damn mind, its your money.

Some reasons

Powerful custom hardware
High reliability
Everything included ,hard drive ,HDMI ,Wifi ,wireless pads etc
Free online
Retrocompatibility with PS1 and PS2
Good current game lineup and great one coming
Exclusive games
Blu Ray player ,a definite must if you have a HDTV

jhlennon1 said:
mrshady said:
jhlennon1 said:

Now you're calling me a fanboy, further proof that the word is meaningless coming from you. Also, I never insulted you personally. I said you mis-use the word fanboy and have talked crap in this thread and both points are completely true.

WOW you guys...everyone should just chill..the guy asked if everyone can convince him to buy a PS3 and now you two are going crazy because of the word fanboy. You guys are going off the thread subject just chill out..

On topic: Man just get the PS3 tonight..The first game you should get is Resistance: Fall of Man, now that's a primary buy, cause I'm considering purchasing a PS3 in the coming weeks and that's going to be my first buy...

Hus said:
One don't listen to wii fanboys.

Two make up your own damn mind, its your money.

LOL...and that's true Hus, its your money you should make up your mind cause your about to purchase the most powerful piece of hardware on the market right now....wooooohoooo..buy it tonight its eveywhere near a store close to you.

damn i made an attempt to make a helpful post in the middle of fanboi slapfight - doh