By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quick...Convince me to buy a PS3!!!

ssj12 said:

If you want to call me biased, call me a biased PC gamer

well im glad we have something in common. Finally

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.

-Albert Einstein

Around the Network

Wow this got hot quick...

I am serious!!! No need for a flame war. I am a gaming Fanboy, who doesn't want to miss out on a great game just because I don't have the system.

I'm getting closer to buying it thanks to some of the posts.  I may just end up downloading demos tonight.  I'm at work until 9, so well see.  I am planning on buying it on dinner break.  I'm saving the cigar for tonight!!!  

This is off of slickdeals.net

Summary of Terms
Note that you have until November 30, 2007 to make a qualifying purchase. Therefore, you can wait for the 80 GB PS3 if you want. However, the 8 points per dollar promotion ends September 30. You must apply for your credit card by August 31.

Qualifying purchase is any item or combination of items purchased at Sony Style as part of a single transaction. Sony Outlet store purchases do not qualify.

The $150 will appear as a cash refund to your credit card. Interest is 0% for purchases for one year.

And off of Sony Style:

Sony Card is issued by Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. Card credit will be applied to your Sony Card account 8-12 weeks after your first purchase of $299 or more ("Qualifying Purchase") at SonyStyle.com or Sony Style Stores. Offer expires August 31, 2007. First purchase must be made by November 30, 2007.

Way to mislead people Twesterm. You only have to APPLY for the card by August 31st. Why are people spamming this thread anyways? 0% interest too, hell I think I might sign up for this deal myself and buy something.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

mrshady said:
ssj12 said:

shocked you didnt ask how fast my CPU was at when it popped. fyi, 7.953GHz on the intel quad-cor, my liquid cool system couldnt handle it, I knew i should have bought a flash freeze system. lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Soriku said:
You made a new acc Takashii?

@Ishy

Luckily he's not buying a DS .

Yea and I sent you a private message with the explanation..^_^

Around the Network
footbag said:
kn said:
Get on the sony website and take advantage of the 350 PS3 with 150 discount by using their credit card. It's a smokin deal and if you have a HD TV, you are set. You still get 5 blueray movies so you get a freakin smoking deal. If I had a high def TV, I'd already have ordered one. Sadly, though, I don't so the extra feature of Blue Ray does me no good at the moment and with a 360 I've got more games than I can play at the moment.

I tried that the other day.  You don't get the refund for 8-12 weeks.  My plan is to bring back about 10 360 and Wii games.  I'm also due to get $130 back from Microsoft due to the warranty change. 

I guess what I am asking is what are all of you PS3 owners playing?

I wouldn't trade back any games to buy the PS3.  But then again that's because i've always regretted selling back games.  I wouldn't go for the Credit Card deal either, i mean there is a reason it's so tempting and that reason is unreasonable high rates, may hurt your credit score etc.

If i were you i'd just buy it straight cash for Heavenly Sword and Warhawk right now to get the Blu-ray deal.  That or wait until around X-mas for any X-mas deals a retailer may offer.  It should be in stock a lot.  I just wouldn't wait till next year if you need to have one in the next few months.  PS3's could start selling better after christmas then before thanks to the very dismal christmas lineup but awesome post christmas lineup, which would likely catch retailers off guard to where they won't reorder stock right away.

Edit: it starts at 0% interest.  Look what happens later though.  I can't believe so many people fall for these credit card scams.

0% interest for 12 months, is there something about that that people don't understand? Even if it has a 50% interest rate after that, you can always cancel the card as soon as you pay it off.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

mrshady said:
MontanaHatchet said:
mrshady said:
MontanaHatchet said:
mrshady said:
footbag said:

I guess what I am asking is what are all of you PS3 owners playing?

Wii

Nah...I think he was talking about games...

Don't be a dumbass. It's not productive.

Only dumbass here is you and your fanboyism, he asked and I gave an answer. And sony fanboys should stop talking about productivity of any kind. If you have a anger problem see a doctor. Oh btw dont call people names "it's not productive".

Well, I'm going to avoid getting into a big flame war, but here we go:

I think it was pretty damn obvious that he was talking about games. So, either you were a "dumbass" for nopt knowing that, or a smartass for saying the wrong answer anyways.

Also, I constantly see you troll and then call people who are annoyed at you Sony fanboys.

Oh, and calling someone a dumbass when it's deserved is not an anger problem. It's telling it like it is. Very productive.

And I'm thinking your next post will consist of you saying you were telling it like it is, it was very productive, I'm a fanboy, blah blah blah, I'm not even going to bother anymore.

you know you keep saying "to avoid getting into a big flame war" but keep insulting, so stop contradicting yourself. My answer was based on the fact that every sony fan says that it has played wii and that they think that it suck and all games on it suck, so logically they have to play all games on it to know or they are liars. And yes you are going to bother again cos you couldn't resist first time your fanboyism is forcing you. You fanboys suck. I like Nintendo but do not hate sony, not a even little. I just react and call people fanboys when they are bullshiting and making crap. And yes you are fanboy. ssj12 you definitly are fanboy. If you two can not accept a joke it just tells me how hard you suck with your fanboyism

Is this a joke post? mrshady should refrain from posting until he understands what the word fanboy means. The word is excessively overused as it as, but under mrshady's definition the word has no meaning at all. I can't believe I actually took the time to read that crap you've posted in this thread.... unbelieveable.

ssj12 said:
mrshady said:
ssj12 said:

shocked you didnt ask how fast my CPU was at when it popped. fyi, 7.953GHz on the intel quad-cor, my liquid cool system couldnt handle it, I knew i should have bought a flash freeze system. lol

well we have something else that we bouth like. DBZ haha. I love it as a kid and i love it now. actually my avatar is picture of my failed attempt to make picture of me into ss. I used smudge tool for hair but at that time phone I owned (Sony Ericsson K700 btw, K800 now) could not take very good quality pictures (1280x960 but they were crap) so results are poor and i changed color from yellow to blue, it looked better. But it looks your is fine lol

Anyway sory if someone was offended with the joke. It was just a joke and if someone can not accept non offensive joke, well......

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.

-Albert Einstein

hold off till a year or 2 when there are acually games on the ps3 worth getting,besides Ninja Gaiden

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY