By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 dominates Japan's most wanted list

Awesome list which contains my most anticipated Final Fantasy XIII title. I really want Metal Gear Solid 4 to release, that game will be the best of the series by a long way. Kojima has done such a great job.

Around the Network

Sigh...people still keep posting Famitsu Most Wanted lists. Famitsu is a hardcore magazine people, and I think the harcore Japanese is obviously in favor of PS3 right now. That list doesn`t mean anything. What did surprised me is that RE: Umbrella Chronicles is there. Never expeced that game to get in the top 20. Also, no DQ remakes in there??? Cmon...they will probably sell more than at least half that list.

Soriku said:
That list = Bias

Fact.

Isn't that the nature of polls? A poll merely shows the bias of the polled audience. 

FishyJoe said:
Soriku said:
That list = Bias

Fact.

Isn't that the nature of polls? A poll merely shows the bias of the polled audience.

Exactly. It's not that Famitsu is biased: That is simply the demographic of their readers. That's all there is to it. It shows what Famitsu readers are buying (or at least interested in), but does not give any useful data for the Japanese market in general.

FishyJoe said:
Soriku said:
That list = Bias

Fact.

It depends. If the poll is given to a very specific group of people that have certain tastes, then it will reflect those tastes. Usually, you want a random sampling of enough people to create an overall accurate statistic of how the general populace feels/thinks. If you put a poll up on a gaming website that asked if you game, it certainly wouldn't reflect reallife numbers. If you mailed out questionairres to random families, you'd get a better sample.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

Its not biased. If it was biased Lost Odyssey wouldnt be on there.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Soriku said:
That list = Bias

Fact.

Gballzack = Soriku

Fact.

Read the comment of Steven787:

Want and buy are two different things... I want a Ferrari.

Get it? 

konnichiwa said:
Soriku said:
That list = Bias

Fact.

Gballzack = Soriku

Fact.

Get it? 

Eh, it's more likely that the polling just reaches more PS3 and Xbox 360 owners.  I mean how does any Xbox game appear on the list?

Kasz216 said:
konnichiwa said:
Soriku said:
That list = Bias

Fact.

Gballzack = Soriku

Fact.

Get it? 

Eh, it's more likely that the polling just reaches more PS3 and Xbox 360 owners.  I mean how does any Xbox game appear on the list?

Probably because the voters are hard hard core gamers?

konnichiwa said:
Soriku said:
That list = Bias

Fact.

Gballzack = Soriku

Fact.

Get it? 

Can we stop accusing people of being gballzack?

mM