By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 dominates Japan's most wanted list

Japanese gamers are wack!

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
diegomoroco777 said:
Well...people say it`s impressive FF XIII is 2nd when very few stuff is known about it...I say that having Animal Crossing Wii in that list is even more impressive, because there is absolutely nothing known about that game.

Yes same with last remnant, while  it looks very good (to me that is) there is very little info about it just like ff13, lost odyssey etc

so is monster hunter 3, i didnt even know it was announced yet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

This list is voted by readers of Famitsu.
There are some missleadings in the list.
First, I want is not equal I buy.
Second, fill all vote form will get prize, so you may vote any game even you dont want it just for fill the form. Then most advertised game will appear.
Third, all multiplateform games are asumed to be PS3 version.
Fourth, you can vote FF XV as most want game, even it is not announced,
"Monster Hunter 3 PS3 Capcom" is an example.

Nintendo fans,

Why is it that you guys are so mad at the PS3 games are on the list? Why do you care? Nintendo dominates both hardware and software charts in Japan. Soriku, for example, has went stupid over this list. From what I know Famitsu is highly respected in Japan; to claim that they are bias simply because what you like doesn't dominate the list is pretty stupid. Hell, next thing you know people will start calling NPD bias.

lol @ konichawaa, i thought i was gballzack !?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Lost Odyssey is made by the makers of Blue Dragon, who also made the final fantasy games, so its expected to be on that list, its a must buy for any rpg fan

I really don't understand the dislike for Gballzack. She was no different from the other Nintendo fans on this site.

i am Gballzack..........................................................................> NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

grandmaster192 said:

Nintendo fans,

Why is it that you guys are so mad at the PS3 games are on the list? Why do you care? Nintendo dominates both hardware and software charts in Japan. Soriku, for example, has went stupid over this list. From what I know Famitsu is highly respected in Japan; to claim that they are bias simply because what you like doesn't dominate the list is pretty stupid. Hell, next thing you know people will start calling NPD bias.

While some of the comments saying the magazine itself is bias are pretty stupid, the results are fairly biased based on the readership the magazine has. I didn't even bother with the obviousness of how Nintendo sells versus this list because I do realize that the other systems have more to offer the 'core gamers and that is the magazine's market. However, the PS2 didn't do as well as it did because of core gamers. It did as well as it did because of all the casual gamers who went with the system. Instead, I pointed out how limited the poll is based on the fact that there is not enough 360s in Japan to seriously contend with any PS3 or Wii game if the poll was taken from a better sample. Yes, the PS3 is doing lackluster right now but there's enough people who haven't bought a PS3 yet waiting for the next Final Fantasy for the list to make sense in that regard. There is no way the 360 will ever be able to take off in Japan... well I shouldn't say no way... If they managed to pay S-E enough to get every FF & DQ game exclusive, it'd totally turn around, but this is not the case and I doubt ever will be.
It should really just be called Famitsu's Reader's Most Wanted as saying it's Japan's most wanted is obviously an untrue statement the moment you look at sales (but great for Sony's marketing up until the sales numbers dissapoint). Knowing this to be true, it only makes the potential of FF sales look kind of bad considering how well the top listed PS3 games have performed in actual sales thus far.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

ceres said:

While some of the comments saying the magazine itself is bias are pretty stupid, the results are fairly biased based on the readership the magazine has. I didn't even bother with the obviousness of how Nintendo sells versus this list because I do realize that the other systems have more to offer the 'core gamers and that is the magazine's market. However, the PS2 didn't do as well as it did because of core gamers. It did as well as it did because of all the casual gamers who went with the system. Instead, I pointed out how limited the poll is based on the fact that there is not enough 360s in Japan to seriously contend with any PS3 or Wii game if the poll was taken from a better sample. Yes, the PS3 is doing lackluster right now but there's enough people who haven't bought a PS3 yet waiting for the next Final Fantasy for the list to make sense in that regard. There is no way the 360 will ever be able to take off in Japan... well I shouldn't say no way... If they managed to pay S-E enough to get every FF & DQ game exclusive, it'd totally turn around, but this is not the case and I doubt ever will be.
It should really just be called Famitsu's Reader's Most Wanted as saying it's Japan's most wanted is obviously an untrue statement the moment you look at sales (but great for Sony's marketing up until the sales numbers dissapoint). Knowing this to be true, it only makes the potential of FF sales look kind of bad considering how well the top listed PS3 games have performed in actual sales thus far.

Ceres, I see where you're comming from, and I respect you opinion; however, I still think it's a bit crazy crazy to call the list bias. Even calling the readers bias is a bit crazy, considering that the list has alot of Nintendo games. It's not like this is a PSM magizine list. Famitsu is for all gamers in Japan, and I feel that list shows it with a 360 game and multiple Nintendo games. Keep in mind that the games arn't just on the list for the hell of it. The two top games, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, are two of the bigest franchises in Japan. Also, games such as Devil May Cry, Metal Gear, ect are all franchises that have seen success in Japan. You should expect these games to be on the list.