By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 dominates Japan's most wanted list

1 guy called it biased, and he's not old enough to work at mcdonalds, so don't think about it too much.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:

Ceres, I see where you're comming from, and I respect you opinion; however, I still think it's a bit crazy crazy to call the list bias. Even calling the readers bias is a bit crazy, considering that the list has alot of Nintendo games. It's not like this is a PSM magizine list. Famitsu is for all gamers in Japan, and I feel that list shows it with a 360 game and multiple Nintendo games. Keep in mind that the games arn't just on the list for the hell of it. The two top games, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, are two of the bigest franchises in Japan. Also, games such as Devil May Cry, Metal Gear, ect are all franchises that have seen success in Japan. You should expect these games to be on the list.

Yeah, bias wasn't really the word I was looking for about the readership when I used it. More like it represents the particular tastes of the Famitsu readership (aka... Japanese hardcore gamers) versus the general populace (casual gamers).

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

ClaudeLv250 said:
I'm surprised to see The Last Remnant on that list at all. Little information, not much hype at the moment, and it's being released on one platform that Japan rarely ever glances at.

The Famitsu polls ask explicitly for what plattform they are waiting the game .In this case the japanese are waiting The Last Remnant in the PS3 not in the 360.

ceres said:Yeah, bias wasn't really the word I was looking for about the readership when I used it. More like it represents the particular tastes of the Famitsu readership (aka... Japanese hardcore gamers) versus the general populace (casual gamers).

Ok, I understand what you're saying. Thats pretty much true with every poll, which is why Zelda won the daily poll today.

So what if its May21st yes thats "old" but the top 10 rarely change that much.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
mitsuhide said:
So what if its May21st yes thats "old" but the top 10 rarely change that much.

You don't think E3 merits any change?  I certainly think Mario Kart might make it onto that list.  Zack and Wiki (less likely) could, also.  Plus, with recent announcements about SSBB, don't you think it'd make it as well?  Those are just some examples I could think of.  My point is that a lot has happened in the last three months.

I think the top 10 after E3 could have changed but do you know how FamitsuMostWanted works.
People vote and the top 5 have more than 2000 points after that the next 3 have about 1000 points and everything under that has 500 or less points.

Famitsu list as of July19th.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Famitsu-Japan-s-most-wanted-ending-July-19/pg/49/aid/99299

Famitsu list as of August5th.

http://consoles.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/13770/Famitsu_Top_20_Most_Wanted_Titles.html

Any questions?

Yes, about this:

12. Zelda no Densetsu: Phantom Hourglass NDS Nintendo

I thought it was launched already over there.

That was the most updated list i could find and i think it has just been released but the list is after E3.

Ok found the latest list:

http://www.totalgamerzone.com/story-596-Latest-Famitsus-Most-Wanted-Top-Twenty.html