By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 360 is the best piece of hardware!

One thing is enjoying 360 games and features, that's cool, and there are really good games and features on the console, but saying that it's the best piece of hardware is like saying that Motorola is more reliable than Nokia, or that Vista is safer than Ubuntu... PLEASE!!!

This kid never knew about 360's failure rate with the RROD, discs scratching, etc... Wii and PS3 are without question better pieces of hardware, and if we count the complex manufacturing process of the 3, i'd say that the PS3 is the best built one...

Around the Network

ha ha hahaha

the propaganda is "on" again ...

Time to Work !

leo-j said:

@kn

Oh yes because the 360 and wii have better hardware than the ps3.. dont kid yourself

Sorry if my attitude gives you the impression that im a blind fanboy, but the forums are full of ps3 negativity, not just this one either. Im really tired of it.

Perhaps you should learn to read and analyze what is being said more carefully.  I stated absolutely nothing of the sort.  The 360 hardware is notably less than perfect.  I was just commenting that the poster was calling out toastboy for presenting his argument of "best" by inferring it through the use of a link.  He then called him a pompous ass for implying that it was fact.  Then you come along and say it IS, in fact, FACT.  He didn't call you out.  That's hypocrisy on his part at its finest in my book.  Regardless of your tiredness of PS3 FUD, it doesn't preclude you from having to read carefully and respond accordingly.  Otherwise you ARE a blind fanboy -- inserting whatever meaning you want to make your argument seem correct.

The PS3 is a fine piece of hardware and probably the best made of the three, on average, unit for unit.  I've had 5 Xbox 360s (though only 1 was RROD and the other 4 were DVD-related).  I have 2 Wiis (DVD failure).  I've had 1 PS3 80 gig -- no failures yet.  Admittedly, this is just anecdotal.  Does that make you feel better?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

impossible, it's the ps3.

Next person who insults toastboy gets a ban for their trouble.

Feel free to disagree with him but stop calling him names.

With that said, toastboy, you need to reconsider the amount of thought you put into your thread titles. You invite this kind of trouble into your threads.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

My only real issue with Toasty is that a large number of his threads are solely reactionary without any thought going into them. Someone makes a thread about the Wii and Toasty copies it and replaces any statement of "wii" with 360 and then tosses it online. This is not a productive or useful method for creating threads and shows a distinct lack of effort.

kn said:
leo-j said:

@kn

Oh yes because the 360 and wii have better hardware than the ps3.. dont kid yourself

Sorry if my attitude gives you the impression that im a blind fanboy, but the forums are full of ps3 negativity, not just this one either. Im really tired of it.

Perhaps you should learn to read and analyze what is being said more carefully.  I stated absolutely nothing of the sort.  The 360 hardware is notably less than perfect.  I was just commenting that the poster was calling out toastboy for presenting his argument of "best" by inferring it through the use of a link.  He then called him a pompous ass for implying that it was fact.  Then you come along and say it IS, in fact, FACT.  He didn't call you out.  That's hypocrisy on his part at its finest in my book.  Regardless of your tiredness of PS3 FUD, it doesn't preclude you from having to read carefully and respond accordingly.  Otherwise you ARE a blind fanboy -- inserting whatever meaning you want to make your argument seem correct.

The PS3 is a fine piece of hardware and probably the best made of the three, on average, unit for unit.  I've had 5 Xbox 360s (though only 1 was RROD and the other 4 were DVD-related).  I have 2 Wiis (DVD failure).  I've had 1 PS3 80 gig -- no failures yet.  Admittedly, this is just anecdotal.  Does that make you feel better?

But its true, the PS3 is the best piece of console hardware this generation, im not basing this off my fanboyism since thats what your pointing at.

mM

Can someone define "best" for me? Most reliable? Most feature-filled? Most cutest?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I would have said yes if it weren't for RROD...

rocketpig said:
Can someone define "best" for me? Most reliable? Most feature-filled? Most cutest?

That's the one! And all I'm saying is this. If the three systems were chicks at a bar, I'd choose the wii. It's slim and hot while the other two are just plain fat. That, or the DS because I love me some midgets.

PS3 Trophies