By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unbelievable.... I just have to comment

meh, I had to delete some stuff. If it worries you that much you can go buy a 320gig harddrive for 100 dollars.

Around the Network

I don't think the issue is storage space, just the fact that you have to install the damn game every single time you want to play it (MGS4). I want a game console where you put in the game, press "play" and you are all set, that's why i've always liked consoles better than PC's. Storage space is an easy thing to deal with, in the past you could always have more memory cards which were cheep, you can upgrade your HDD (not so much a cheap option for 360 owners). Or you can "clean the fridge" with Wii, or move stuff you dont play to an SD card, i'm sure most people don't play all 20 of their VC games that often, uninstall the inactive ones or just move them, problem solved.

*Goes to count*

I have the data from 19 PS3 games, Home, 6 PSN titles, 4 demos, 14 trailers, 2 music albums and one photo stored on my PS3.

I still have 11GB out of my 55GB remaining.

In order to reach the problem you're describing, a gamer would need to have a massive amount of content installed on their system. I would imagine those that do reach that stage would be in a very small minority who, because of the extent of their interest with the system- shown by the amount of content on it- would be the most likely group to upgrade their hard drive in the first place.

So, let me get this straight. It is mandatory to install the game to the HD in order to play it?

or is this referencing a different function?

My nephew never mentioned this to me, but considering he could only afford 2 games because fo the heavy price tag, I imagine he wouldn't have complained about it.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

tombi123 said:
I KNOW! Like when my PS2 memory card was full up and I wanted to save my new game I had to delete saved data from another game or buy an expensive memory card! Unbelievable, isn't it!

i'm not talking about the limitations of memory cards....I'm talking about the actual system. No other console has ever forced you to sit through....what.... 5-10 minutes of limbo while the game installs onto the HDD. Maybe not a big deal when you first pick it up and start playing through whatever games you have, It just amazes me that at some point, you might have sit through that all over again, for the same game.

That crazy.... and there's absolutely no reason to defend it. If the 360 did that kinda crap, I wouldn't have it. If I put a game in I want to play it, immediately, that's why I put the thing in in the first place. Not to sit there for ten minutes staring off into space, or talking on the phone....or.... you get the point.

That's a pain dude. You shouldn't even bother trying to defend it, cause Sony shoulda come up with a better long term plan than that. Having to completely re-install games I've already played, on the same frieken system... Whatever.

Around the Network

/petition Console Companies

Stop trying to use laptop drives and flash memory (exclusively flash anyways) in consoles and just use the full size 3.5" drives that sport 500GB for $75...or at the very least they should make the consoles so that you can upgrade them to 3.5" drives (from 2.5") yourself if/when needed.

/end

In any case MrStick is correct here, this has been a presistent problem, and one created by an unwillingness to use standard equipment. Proprietary memory is just annoying.

To Each Man, Responsibility

oh god, this thread is already in the crapper.

The XBOX 1?

mrstickball said:
To defend the Playstation....It's kind of always been that way, given memory card spaces on consoles. If you had too many blocks taken up by saves...You may have to delete old saves due to room (of course, you could always just get a new card too - not an easy option with the PS3 AFIAK).

However, I do agree that, in this day and age, no gamers should choose between saves.

It's very quick to free up space in a memory card though. I think the OP's point was more about the mandatory installations which can take more than 10 minutes. Wasn't it DMC4 that had a ridiculously high install time like 25 minutes?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I have an 80 Gig PS3. Have MGS4 installed *4.4* R2 (300 mb) LBP (200 mb) TFU (three gigs?) Fifteen demos, 3 PS1 games, 2 episodes of Qore Home *3 GB* and still have 41 gigabytes of memory left.

I own 5 games.

Really, unless you play ten or twenty games concurrently, it's no problem at all.

And yes you are trolling, installs have been here since January and just now you decide it's a huge deal.

Stop failing.