By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unbelievable.... I just have to comment

For that i find the Wii more easier to use. I see all the things you must do or buy or ect....and it's simply too much for an home console.

The Play3 seems to me a PC, not an home console.

This problem on wii doesn't exist: he needs an SD Card that you insert and you can pull out to have your older saves data, and others, and doesn't exist the install or uninstall.

You insert the game and play on.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
Sevengen said:

I just read through a few of the posts on a different thread, "What DON'T you like about your console"  and I just have to comment about one regarding the PS3.

It never occured to me that because of the mandatory installs, required because of the slow reading Blu-Ray drive, that eventually the HDD might fill up (depending on how many games, movies, etc...etc.. you have stored) forcing you to ERASE an older game you might not have finished or still like to play if you want to play a game you just bought.

That's absolutely insane.

So... if that scenario actually plays out for a few of you.... instead of just being able to pop in an old game that you enjoy and play it... you have to re-install it on your PS3's HDD first. What an absolutely rediculous format restriction... and yet you guys endlessly stick up for the PS3's amazing capabilities although you can't even enjoy the same basic 'gaming' functionality that the Atari 2600 gave customers back in 1977. 30 years ago.

I know...you can always buy an inexpensive upgrade to the HD, but just the fact that limitation even exists for PS3 owners is crazy to me. ANY GAME SYSTEM SHOULD PLAY THE GAME YOU PUT IN THE DRIVE WITHOUT ANY HEADACHES. PERIOD.

I'm not trying to troll here, I'm just amazed by that. That's simply crazy and if I were a PS3 owner (albeit, enjoying the likes of MSG4, LBp and Drake's Fortune) that would be more than enough to pick up the competition's console.

u never had to live with 512mb and the wii?

and the ps3 its the easier to upgrade from the 360, NXE u can still your games but many have 20gb HDD,

CHOICE. Keyword here. You don't have to install any games to your 360, you can play them no matter what. These mandatory installs on the PS3 are a bad idea, especially if you have a 40gig.

markers said:
Squilliam said:
leo-j said:
Its because developers dont know how to program ps3 games.. I mean UNCHARTED which is the best looking game on consoles, has no install, same with call of duty 4, call of duty world at war etc..

Most 3rd party games do have installs though.

Uncharted is also a closed world, if you jump off the wrong rock you die instantly because the developers couldn't let you go that way.

all games are a closed world. hell our world is a closed world. anywho in uncharted if you jump off the wrong rock and you die its probably because you fell to your death, i mean if i was scaling some old ruins and i jumped to reach another ledge but it was not a grabable ledge and i fell im pretty sure id die, and once i respawn ill know to try a different route.

Its cute that you blindly defend the console while not even attempting to actually address the point. Closed world means you have to follow a linear path and can't go freely exploring outside of the levels "track." Open world games are ones like GTA4 that let you go any which direction you like at almost any point you like. Uncharted is thus not the best example for all game worlds which was Squilliam's point. Blind fanboyism is not going to lead to any kind of useful discussion.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Comparing the ps3 hdd and a memory card are not the same thing...not completely.

You can still play games when you fill up ur memory card, u just cant save.
When you fill up ur ps3 hdd, u cant do those sweet mandatory installs; not allowing you to play your game.

And I'm sorry but how is buying a $100+ hdd upgrade for ur already $399+ ps3 easy? I guess if you have a ps3, you must have money to burn.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

@Gnizo, thanks!

Tease.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
markers said:
Squilliam said:
leo-j said:
Its because developers dont know how to program ps3 games.. I mean UNCHARTED which is the best looking game on consoles, has no install, same with call of duty 4, call of duty world at war etc..

Uncharted is also a closed world, if you jump off the wrong rock you die instantly because the developers couldn't let you go that way.

all games are a closed world. hell our world is a closed world. anywho in uncharted if you jump off the wrong rock and you die its probably because you fell to your death, i mean if i was scaling some old ruins and i jumped to reach another ledge but it was not a grabable ledge and i fell im pretty sure id die, and once i respawn ill know to try a different route.

Its cute that you blindly defend the console while not even attempting to actually address the point. Closed world means you have to follow a linear path and can't go freely exploring outside of the levels "track." Open world games are ones like GTA4 that let you go any which direction you like at almost any point you like. Uncharted is thus not the best example for all game worlds which was Squilliam's point. Blind fanboyism is not going to lead to any kind of useful discussion.

we are born, we live, we die. sounds pretty linear to me. stuff you do inbetween is part of living. and wth are you talking about blind fanboyism for? where did i mention any console? your attempt to label me is amusing

edit: gtaIV is just as linear as uncharted. you have to do missions to unlock the other parts. you can walk in any building you please. invisible walls are everywhere to stop you from going wherever you please. uncharted is the same way, every game is a closed world.

markers said:
Gnizmo said:
markers said:
Squilliam said:
leo-j said:

we are born, we live, we die. sounds pretty linear to me. stuff you do inbetween is part of living. and wth are you talking about blind fanboyism for? where did i mention any console? your attempt to label me is amusing

You wake up, you want to go to the bathroom but FATE TELLS YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE KITCHEN FIRST, so you go to the kitchen because thats the only thing you do and you piss your pants whilst there. Whereas an open world would let you go to the bathroom first before you meet your fate in the kitchen.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
markers said:
Gnizmo said:
markers said:
Squilliam said:
leo-j said:

You wake up, you want to go to the bathroom but FATE TELLS YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE KITCHEN FIRST, so you go to the kitchen because thats the only thing you do and you piss your pants whilst there. Whereas an open world would let you go to the bathroom first before you meet your fate in the kitchen.

thats just a happy accident, i guess i should of added our world is a closed world to an extent

@markers, its only warm for about 20 seconds...

Tease.

Stop whining op. You don't even have a ps3. It can also be said that in this day and age your console shouldn't 1/third of a chance breaking down. Your Discs shouldn't be destroyed by your own system. It shouldn't sound like a aircraft taking off when it's turned on Etc Etc.

This is better than old restrictions because if you ran out on a memory card and you didn't have the oppotunity to get a new one, you had to delete old saves. Here you can delete old install and still keep the save.

I have a 320 gb harddisk in mine btw so i doubt i'll have a problem.

Check out my game about moles ^