By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales only 6 months behind xbox360

Gabriel84 said:
lol at this thread
how pathetic

more like hilarious

Around the Network

You're posting stuff that most members on the site are quite well aware of.... the one's that ever cared anyway.

It's well known that the PS3's overall ahead of the 360 when you line up the starting points... but that's currently un-important. While SONY is down everyone that dislikes them will bash like mad men....

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
You're posting stuff that most members on the site are quite well aware of.... the one's that ever cared anyway.

It's well known that the PS3's overall ahead of the 360 when you line up the starting points... but that's currently un-important. While SONY is down everyone that dislikes them will bash like mad men....

To be fair - when Sony is ahead of MS, then everyone that likes Sony argues doom & gloom for Microsoft.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Check this out!

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=54617&page=1

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

well i predict 360 to sell more iin 2009, but with some hefty games on ps3 like gt5 and ff13 exclusivity sales gap will close but 360 will still be ahead in 2009, going into 2010 and further its hard to say.

but whats more important is which console will have the best games to play.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Dgc1808 said:

To be fair - when Sony is ahead of MS, then everyone that likes Sony argues doom & gloom for Microsoft.

then them posters should be banned imo, trying to make ppl feel bad about thier purchase is wrong, i dont do it anymore because thiers no point.

why are more people interested in sales rather than games.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Well, it might be 6 months behind, but the 360 is going to continue outselling it for a long while, making that 6 months into a lot more

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

LOL....nice...take advantage of the times like these.......360 couldn't keep up with the PS3 at the high price

systems that should price cut in 2009= 360(again) + wii + PS3 = let the race begin

And growing.

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.

Viper1 said:
DrDread said:

I give you full marks for bringing a new angle to this long standing debate.  While flawed, it's at least a unique perspective.

To truly see the gap, we shall look at the sale gap at PS3 launch and today.

PS3 launch Nov 2006 - 5,274,069
Gap as of current sales - 7,674,943

As you can see, the gap has actually expanded by 2,400,874 in the X360's favor.

The funny thing is that if you use the OP's logic you could actually argue the gap has decreased. After all, the day before launch the PS3 was a whole year behind the 360, now its just six months.