By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So, what PC gamer "killer apps" exist that call for the purchase of a PC?

Killer apps on the PC in the last year or so for me included Crysis, STALKER, Sins of a Solar Empire, The Orange Box, Fallout 3, Bioshock and The Witcher. Sure, three of those were on consoles as well but the PC versions were unquestionably better if you have a decent gaming rig.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Are we looking at just Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2?

JUST? ;)

Outside of killer apps, if you like PC controls, many 360/PS3 games end up on the PC at a cheaper price. Furthermore, you can often use 360's controller on the PC.

That's what I was thinking. SC and Diablo are as big as Halo and they actually deserve their mythical standing, unlike Halo.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Diablo III, Starcraft, World of Warcraft.

Basically, the only new "killer apps" that are PC exclusive, are by Blizzard.

Blizzard might as well be the PC's "first party" company.

That said, the PC has many old games that are great. That's actually why I think PC gaming can stand up to console gaming, because of the old classics and emulators.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Steam.

Around the Network

Rise of legends. I really loved that game.

Valve games are all killer apps IMO, even if they are FPS's, I think each of them are so unique that you "gotta have'em all"

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

libellule said:
Mount&blade
The Witcher
Stalker
Empire Total War
Left4Dead
Diablo3
Starcraft2
Dawn of War 2
Alan Wake

Just some games ...

Sins of a Solar Empire

X3: Terran Conflict

WoW Next

Blizzard's untitled project

Half-Life 2: Episode 3

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I actually prefer pc games if there is one out vs consoles if they are out at the same time and if they are a FPS forget console because its just gonna have to be PC the choice for me. That is unless its a wii exclusive FPS I'll get regardless even if its crappy just for the controller alone. Just my preference cant stand using reg controller for FPS.

I TAKE NO SIDES

Besides RTS, FPS, western RPGs, MMORPGS, adventure games, simulation games, Steam distribution, cheaper game prices, improved controls, free online, and better-than-console graphics, I see absolutely no reason to ever own a gaming PC.