By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PSP dying?

Even is the PSP was dead tomorrow, you should still buy it. Just have a look at my collection ;) And here are my most anticipated games on PSP:

- Agito XIII
- PE the third birthday
- SO2
- Patapon 2
- KH birth by sleep
- next ready at dawn project
- uncharted portable (it's a dream I know)
- resistance retribution
- lbp portable
- motorstorm portable
- gran turismo portable

Well, as you see, it's not dying lol

Around the Network

PSP will have BEST its selling year in 2009. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Tremble said:

- gran turismo portable

lol

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Yes, it's dying, and that's why companies like Square Enix, Level 5, Koei, Namco, and Capcom are increasing support. Oh wait...

GT portable hasn't been cancelled.

Around the Network

All those games listed are real announced games? I know PSP library is not horrible, but the one of DS is much more better by far (it has all the support from 3rd party).

Tremble said:
Even is the PSP was dead tomorrow, you should still buy it. Just have a look at my collection ;) And here are my most anticipated games on PSP:

- Agito XIII
- PE the third birthday
- SO2
- Patapon 2
- KH birth by sleep
- next ready at dawn project
- uncharted portable (it's a dream I know)
- resistance retribution
- lbp portable
- motorstorm portable
- gran turismo portable

Well, as you see, it's not dying lol

Don't forget about FF: Dissida, Phantasy Star Portable, and the second Star Ocean game.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

SO2 is in there ;) And how could I forget dissidia??? Shame on me, gimme a whip!

PSP was winning in Japan earlier this year but that was before the DSi. Well I think the PSP did a good job in biting into the handheld market. Keep in mind. IN the GB era it was 100% Nintendo now its only 70%ish which is still good but not as substansial.

Oh yeah its 169 b/c its a newer faster version

Don't listen to these people bigging up the PSP. I'm telling you straight its just plain bland. There's the odd interesting LocoRoco type game or Patapon...

But on the whole, there's nothing that's really FUN.

Its all technical rubbish, watered down PS2 ports of boring games with drab textures.

The games nearly all have ZERO inovation.

Hardly any new releases outside of Japan.

Tell me Tremble the ETA for those games you listed there please?

Tell me how long they have been talked about?

GT Mobile isn't even coming out until at least 2010 for god sake! A lot of the others are going to be at the earliest late 2009 as well.

Truth be told there are hardly any FRESH FUN games on the PSP. Period.