By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PSP dying?

I wouldn't say dying, i'd say staying alive. It still has many great games:

Crisis Core
Dissidia
Monster Hunter
FFT
Disgaea
FFI and FFII

Around the Network

You have a PS3, so I would recommend PSP. It has a fair bit of connectivity, like Remote Play, and more coming in the future, such as Resistance: Retribution and the "infected" thing if you own Resistance 2.

Next year should be a lot better for the PSP. Capcom have said they will support it more, and once again, RESISTANCE RETRIBUTION!

And the PSP has quite a library already: Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, SF: Logan's Shadow, CC FFVII, Lumines, Chains of Olympus, Patapon etc.

And it has PSN now.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Xponent said:
mibuokami said:

The issue here is demography. What is the largest audience for the PSP? Teens and young adult? And what self respecting teen or yound adult would NOT attempt to hack their PSP when its oh-so-simple? Most of them would consider it mandatory point of honour, even if they never pirate a damn game or even play the system. The DS has a much more broader demography that include women and young children who generally either don't have the knowledge or the incentive to hack it.

Don't get me wrong, the DS is the undisputed king of the handheld and no amount of argument about PSP's piracy argument would change that, but the situation of the 2 handheld are very different.

Yes, you have a point. One that was raised previously in this thread by Kirby. But the DS has a broader and larger demographic that includes hardcore teen and young adult gamers. What I'm saying is that DS piracy is also oh-so-simple and I suspect it's just as much a problem for the DS as it is for the PSP. (Hence Nintendo's strategy of releasing firmware updates to the DSi).

No argument here, the DS is as much pirated as the PSP, however DS can offset this while the PSP cannot.