By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PSP dying?

Tremble said:
GT portable hasn't been cancelled.

I know ( althought should be coming after GT5 who I doubt will be released in 2009 ).

It is just that every time I read about GTP I think about its unveiling at E3 2004 ( the same trade show where PSP was presented for the first time ) and laugh aloud considering how much time has passed and still how nothing has been delivered ( screenshots, trailers etc. ) about it.

lol

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
Tremble said:
Even is the PSP was dead tomorrow, you should still buy it. Just have a look at my collection ;) And here are my most anticipated games on PSP:

- Agito XIII
- PE the third birthday
- SO2
- Patapon 2
- KH birth by sleep
- next ready at dawn project
- uncharted portable (it's a dream I know)
- resistance retribution
- lbp portable
- motorstorm portable
- gran turismo portable

Well, as you see, it's not dying lol

Let me add a few more:

Tales of the World 2

Dynasty Warriors: MULTI RAID

Phantasy Star Portable (US/Europe)

Disaster Report 3

Monster Hunter Unity (US/Europe)

Disgaea 2 Portable

Harvest Moon: Sugar Village

Prinny

Tenchu 4

Ushiro (Level 5)

Dambol Senki (Level 5)

Basara Battle Heroes (Capcom)

Undead Knights (Tecmo)

Patient people. PSP is full of potentials.

Oh wait, am I in the wrong thread?

I don't agree with tales of the world 2. I got the first one and it's boring. Looks like number 2 is going the same way than number 1 so... I also think that tenchu 4 won't be good. I'm looking forward for disaster 3! I always wanted to do the first and second one on pstwo, but well, you know ...

There are Disgaea 2 portable,
also Capcom support,
+ Level 5 game Ushiro,
Undead Knights,
Tenchu 4,
PixelJunk Monsters,
Valkyria Chronicles portable also is a possibility.

As i said, 2009 - best selling PSP year to date. =)
PSP FTW!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

PSP is definately not dead, i was close to getting one but i got the DS instead, there are plenty good games on it arleady , and more coming. Shame that western developers do not put much stuff on it (because of the piracy and low software sales) but PSP hardware sells good so games will keep coming. I hope Sony 1st party increases its support as well.

leo-j said:
Because nearly everyone even little 14 year olds love to hack it, why make games for it, if you know people will just get it for free of the internet..

Is the hacking really THAT easy to do?  Please don't respond if it somehow violates the rules of this forum to talk about such things.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

In terms of hardware, theres nothing wrong with the PSP, it sells buckets. Software though, well theres a lack of great titles, and most dont sell too much anyway...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

FrostyTop said:
I have a hacked PSP, its not bad for what it is - when hacked.

Total waste of time though considering its game library if it wasn't hacked.

I hardly touch mine except for playing classic PS1 games and the odd PSP RPG but there's not much decent big budget stuff available for it.

I sometimes think people saying its well supported software wise are off their trolley.

2-3 good games a YEAR do not count as support.

This! Exactly this.

@OP
People list a few critical acclaim games but people need to understand not everyone one of those games will be loved by every PSP owner. I dont think RPG nuts want Resistance. Some will but not all.

In the end DS back catalogue is amazing and there is still great new software coming for it. Its really varied so you'll definitly find more games you'll like for it.

dougsdad0629 said:
The only thing keeping the PSP in the running for my $ is the idea that it can be hacked. I don't normally engage in that sort of thing, but the idea of having a bunch of portable games directly on the PSP itself makes for uber-portability. Most exciting to me is actually the idea that I can put a SNES emulator on there.

i agree. my mate has one with loads of snes games on it and all the final fantasy games and its ace, even thinkin of getting one myself. i dont mind the ds but most of the games are for kids and cooking games whats that about?