By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fatal Frame IV, Monster Hunter 3 and Dragon Quest X: What's next?

Darc Requiem said:
celine said:
mai said:

Yasumi Matsuno and Hitoshi Sakimoto are working on unannounced Wii game. Ogre Battle Wii?

I don't think Matsuno would work with SE after how he departed ( Ogre Battle is a SE IP after Quest was bought ).

True but there is nothing stopping Matsuno from doing an Ogre Battle game under a different name. Lost Odyssey was essentially a Final Fantasy game with a new title. Whats to stop Matsuno from making a "Colussus War" which looks and plays a lot like Ogre Battle? Hey could whip out a "Strategic Colussus" while he was at it. It could be eerily similar to Tactics Ogre and I'd be first in line for both of these games...if they existed that is.

Brand new Nintendo-owned IPs, drenched in "hardcore" content and pushed by Nintendo?

I like the idea.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
celine said:
mai said:

Yasumi Matsuno and Hitoshi Sakimoto are working on unannounced Wii game. Ogre Battle Wii?

I don't think Matsuno would work with SE after how he departed ( Ogre Battle is a SE IP after Quest was bought ).

True but there is nothing stopping Matsuno from doing an Ogre Battle game under a different name. Lost Odyssey was essentially a Final Fantasy game with a new title. Whats to stop Matsuno from making a "Colussus War" which looks and plays a lot like Ogre Battle? Hey could whip out a "Strategic Colussus" while he was at it. It could be eerily similar to Tactics Ogre and I'd be first in line for both of these games...if they existed that is.

He alaready did it WITH Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy Tactics was largely Tactics Ogre with some Final Fantasy Themes built in.

Even graphical style and story elements were rehashed.

Kasz216 said:
Darc Requiem said:
celine said:
mai said:

He alaready did it WITH Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy Tactics was largely Tactics Ogre with some Final Fantasy Themes built in.

Even graphical style and story elements were rehashed.

Exactly, he's done it before. Why can't he do it again

Ogre Battle - would be huge
Shining Force - i'd like to see an update
Space Channel 5 - this would be great too ;D

Shenmue 3! I would so want this to come out it would be awesome even the first two i would probably rebuy if i had to

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

Around the Network

I'm surprised no one suggested Mana yet.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

I have lost the hope.

Mana serie need a serious and huge reimagination and I don't know if there is someone with the balls and the will to do one at SE.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Everyone forgets Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Big title indeed. And I will be damned it is not better than Street Fighter IV when the dust clears.

I think there will be a sequel to that game along with a couple of new franchises that are made and tailored for Wii. The one franchise I really want to come to Wii is Phantasy Star Online.

Also, with the new TMNT game announced as Wii exclusive, I really want to know where that is going to go. Mutant League Football or some sort of knock off game would be awesome.

I already know RPG games are coming, so there is no need for me to worry about it. My biggest interest is in games like Ogre Battle and Tales of... games because I like them more than traditional JRPG or WRPG games.

And Aero the Acro-bat would be win!

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

celine said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

I have lost the hope.

Mana serie need a serious and huge reimagination and I don't know if there is someone with the balls and the will to do one at SE.

The problem is that Ishii keeps "reimagining" it. There hasn't been a traditional game in the series since Sword of Mana and that was a remake.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Capcom-
RE: something, RE4 and UC sold too well not to get something
MH3

Konami-
Suidoken is a great fit, I think it will come, especially now DG10 is on the Wii
Also, Kojima is rumored to be working on several Wii exclusive titles, no idea what they are
They also recently having been making favorable statements about the Wii

Namco-
Tales of 10
Fragile
??? to tired there was more

Square-
DQ10
KH3 (almost a given)
FF:CC (announced already)
FF: 14 or a spinoff of 13
A new IP, kinda like they did with the DS

EA-
Nothing Specific, but they like Konami have been speaking highly of the Wii.

Sega-
They pretty much said the Wii is their focus from here on out, I think Sonic Unleased was the final straw for the HD consoles. they also have a VERY strong relationship with the big N... thus the fact Nintendo let them use mario making sega 10's of millions on Mario and Sonic. Segendo is becoming a reality.

take 2-
they mention GTA on the Wii
like EA and Konami have been lavishing the wii a bit as of late.

3rd Parties Missing the boat a bit
Ubisoft (apart from their casual junk, maybe Red Steel 2 will redeem them)
Activision (We can expect to get ports of HD games from them at best)
there are others mostly western devs, tecmo is the only Japanese dev that seems to be missing the boat on the Wii.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut