By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fatal Frame IV, Monster Hunter 3 and Dragon Quest X: What's next?

Soriku said:
@bigjon

Well...Ubisoft is publishing NMH2 and that TMNT game. They're not really missing the boat unless we're mainly talking about internally developed games.

No they aren't XSEED is. All of Marvelous' games are coming to the West via XSEED.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Soriku said:
@bigjon

Well...Ubisoft is publishing NMH2 and that TMNT game. They're not really missing the boat unless we're mainly talking about internally developed games.

No they aren't XSEED is. All of Marvelous' games are coming to the West via XSEED.

sure

If you're stupid enough to believe that West is limited to America...

Ubisoft is publishing these games in Europe

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

XiaoMay said:
Darc Requiem said:
Soriku said:
@bigjon

sure

If you're stupid enough to believe that West is limited to America...

Ubisoft is publishing these games in Europe

Are you certain? I could have sworn that NMH2 had a different publisher than Ubi in Europe as well. I could certainly be incorrect but I thought that Marvelous had set up publishing arrangements for all their future titles in the West (North American and Europe) and I relatively certian that Ubisoft wasn't a part of the equation.

Edit: Rising Star Games is publishing Marvelous Entertainments games in Europe. XSEED is handling North America. Ubisoft isn't the publisher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Star_Games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_more_heroes_2

Xseed is not publishing NMH2. Grasshopper stated that outright. The wikipedia page needs that corrected.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

ClaudeLv250 said:
celine said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
I'm surprised no one suggested Mana yet.

I have lost the hope.

Mana serie need a serious and huge reimagination and I don't know if there is someone with the balls and the will to do one at SE.

The problem is that Ishii keeps "reimagining" it. There hasn't been a traditional game in the series since Sword of Mana and that was a remake.

They could do a 3D remake of Secret of Mana I/II and I'd be thrilled for all that goes.

As for the FFVII nonsense, IMO Squeenix's chosen platform this generation is the PSP and it's likely any flashy remakes we see would go there.

Around the Network

"As for the FFVII nonsense, IMO Squeenix's chosen platform this generation is the PSP and it's likely any flashy remakes we see would go there."

What? You're clearly forgetting the DS, 360, and Wii support they are giving. S-E isn't giving one system their majority support this gen.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
"As for the FFVII nonsense, IMO Squeenix's chosen platform this generation is the PSP and it's likely any flashy remakes we see would go there."

What? You're clearly forgetting the DS, 360, and Wii support they are giving. S-E isn't giving one system their majority support this gen.

It's less about forgetting the support and more about looking at the type of support they've been giving.  Crisis Core and Dissidia both went to the PSP while new(er) IPs are going to DS and 360 (minus FFXIII).  The Wii isn't really in the ballpark at this point for a possible FFVII remake IMO so it's not worthy of mention.

A remake of VII would fit more in line with the Dissidia/Crisis Core line-up of the PSP than the other platforms.

Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

It's less about forgetting the support and more about looking at the type of support they've been giving.  Crisis Core and Dissidia both went to the PSP while new(er) IPs are going to DS and 360 (minus FFXIII).  The Wii isn't really in the ballpark at this point for a possible FFVII remake IMO so it's not worthy of mention.

A remake of VII would fit more in line with the Dissidia/Crisis Core line-up of the PSP than the other platforms.

Except that the DS is the one getting the remakes, and the Wii's support is beginning to shape up to match the DS' (such as with Dragon Quest).

FFVII popping up on the PSP, where it is not going to make as much money, is a pipe dream.

Khuutra said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Except that the DS is the one getting the remakes, and the Wii's support is beginning to shape up to match the DS' (such as with Dragon Quest).

FFVII popping up on the PSP, where it is not going to make as much money, is a pipe dream.

Dragon Quest and Crystal Bearers aren't mainstream Final Fantasy and the remakes the DS is seeing are very much not along the same art style as FF7 would probably warrant.

I don't envision a FF7 remake right now at all really.  I think it's a silly fanboy dream in itself atm.  I'm sure it will happen eventually, but SE is busy milking the franchise nostalgia it seems.

If it was going to happen, and I had to pick a platform line-up that it would best fit in with... I would have to say PSP though.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Dragon Quest and Crystal Bearers aren't mainstream Final Fantasy and the remakes the DS is seeing are very much not along the same art style as FF7 would probably warrant.

I don't envision a FF7 remake at all really.  I think it's a silly fanboy dream in itself atm.  I'm sure it will happen eventually, but SE is busy milking the franchise nostalgia it seems.

If it was going to happen, and I had to pick a platform line-up that it would best fit in with... I would have to say PSP though.

That doesn't make you any less wrong, though. The DS is getting all of the remakes, just as the PS2 and PS1 got all of the remakes in previous generations.

It's been two generations since FFVII came out. We will be seeing a remake, probably after V and VI are remade, and it will not be on the PSP. Square will not throw away that much money for anything.