By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fatal Frame IV, Monster Hunter 3 and Dragon Quest X: What's next?

Next big series to move over? Well its tough but I'd say the most blatantly obvious would be Kingdom Hearts. Already got Tales over which you also forgot to mention.

But aside from that I can't think of too many more off the top of my ahead. But I'm sure it'll get a least one more big IP from one of the large Japanese developers. Got one from Capcom, Square Enix, Koei/Tecmo and Namco. Konami is next I suppose.

Around the Network

So it is going to be Suikoden.

DavidValbu said:
I was joking, but I don't really see FFVII remake appearening on Wii because it was a hit on a PlayStation console brand.

That only proves it was a hit on that system back then. It does not prove any audience is not there on the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Why SquareEnix only makes FFVII spinoffs on Playstation consoles : FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus (PS2), FFVII: Crisis Core (PSP)...it is because the game is connected to the brand....Yes, I know, I wish there will be a FFVII Remake for the Wii, but I don't see it posible.

"Why SquareEnix only makes FFVII spinoffs on Playstation consoles"

There was one on mobile phones, so that's not true.

Games are not "connected to a brand". It's either exclusive or it isn't. If it's not first party, there needs to be a deal. Otherwise you go where the money is. S-E announced those games before Sony started falling from the top.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
celine said:
mai said:

Yasumi Matsuno and Hitoshi Sakimoto are working on unannounced Wii game. Ogre Battle Wii?

I don't think Matsuno would work with SE after how he departed ( Ogre Battle is a SE IP after Quest was bought ).

True but there is nothing stopping Matsuno from doing an Ogre Battle game under a different name. Lost Odyssey was essentially a Final Fantasy game with a new title. Whats to stop Matsuno from making a "Colussus War" which looks and plays a lot like Ogre Battle? Hey could whip out a "Strategic Colussus" while he was at it. It could be eerily similar to Tactics Ogre and I'd be first in line for both of these games...if they existed that is.

Tenchu has gone to the Wii side.

So has oblivion?

I dk what's next. Im hoping a proper Castlevania and Mega man 2.5d exclusive

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Well, you forgot some for exemple :

Tenchu
Sengoku Muso from Koei (Samurai Warriors 3)
House of the Dead
Samba de Amigo and co
Most of Sonic Brands
Vahalla Knights
Chocobo Dungeon
Siren the Wanderer

Anyway, i would say :
Kingdom Hearts (depending on how well DS iteration will do, but almost sure PSP version will oversell it)
Shining Force
Space Channel 5
Panzer Dragon
Jet Set Radio
GTA Wii version ?
Castelvania
Resident Evil Wii version ?

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

i think you forgot this
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/09/fans-have-spoken-mega-man-for-wii-please/

Megaman X!!!

Ogre Battle Wii would be nice but Space Channel 5 Wii would be awesome

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.