By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The 360 could sell 16 Million consoles next year. (Yes im insane)

well in the words of Brad Pitt in Twelve Monkeys: "sanity is majority rules". By this squil i'd say you're quite sane. I'll go ahead and toss my hat in also and agree with the prediction, but i think 15.25M is more of a possibilty. ^_^

Around the Network

I don't think it will. PS3 has big games next year, 360 has alan wake and halo spinoffs.

@Squilliam:
you know that the ps3 will gonna have really good games in 2009, so the Wii will continue to sell like insane as so the ps3 with a price cut will be head to head with the 360, but no one can´t stop the Wii now.

Really well depends on its competitors. The Wii is always full of surprises so who knows what games will be released for the Wii in 2009 and a new Zelda is hopeful. For the PS3, if 2008 wasn't their year, 2009 should be but the PS3 will need a price cut as well to stay competitive. And who knows what the 360 is up 2, maybe it can afford another price cut and maybe they have some big games up their sleeve as well.

16 seems a lot, but the 7th gen is a long way from becoming over and the consoles are starting to warm up to their best sales yet.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

360 is finishing 2008 with about 12 millions sold. It looks like 16 millions, a 33% increase, is quite possible give the recent consistent surge of over 50% week over week.

Around the Network

In-sane.

Very possible. However, I think you'll ultimately see the Arcade drop to $149 and hold there for a while. The bigger models will drop more and keep sales going. Plus, with really KZ2 and GT5 ... and God of War as the next big guns out on the PS3, I don't see it really flying past the 360 in sales for a while.

Granted, the economy is affecting Sony as much as consumers, but an upturn - and tax time - will likely raise PS3 sales briefly.

Are you insane? No doubt - I know you get a check from the govt.

I will believe this before crazzymans prediction of like 20 million PS3's every year till it reaches 100 million in 2013 was it?

XBox 360 will sell around 13 to 14 million in 2009.
PS3 will sell around 12 million for 2009.