By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The 360 could sell 16 Million consoles next year. (Yes im insane)

NJ5 said:
CrazzyMan said:

you don't seem to believe the X360 can drop his price in 2009.
Pricecut EVERY year? What about PROFIT?

Pricecut after 2 years(by Christmas time) for PS3 seems more realistically for me.

By the end of 2009, the 360 will have been out for 3 whole years. I don't see why the 360 can't be half the launch price by then, considering that some people are calling for Sony to halve PS3's price 2 years after the European launch. Your post screams "wishful thinking" as usual.

As for 16m 360s during 2009, I don't think so unless PS3 sales tank hard.

Basically X360 was 349$/€ and 399$/$ at launch because you couldn't play with core model so you must have bought at least memory card with it.

Around the Network

You are insane! but you will most likely be right! It would be nice to have the 360 well above the 40 million mark (~43 million going by your prediction) by the end of next year :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

As long as there are guarenteed big releases coming, the 360 can flourish and indeed better this years sales

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

seece said:
konnichiwa said:
Squilliam said:
konnichiwa said:
You could be right but I don't know if MS has at this point enough new kind of games that can attract more customers.

Its not the games, its the price really. Every system has games, its not really a point of distinction. The Xbox 360 is actually selling in Europe, infact its outselling the PS3 currently (Surprisingly). Essentially now that its found its feet in Europe the sales will be up significantly as Europe is now a bigger market than the United states for hardware and the Xbox has traditionally done very poorly in that market.

Nah price has a smaller effect on the sales then games. I give it a small chance that it will do 16 million next year with only the games that are announced now.

Hardly ... no game could of done what the price cut has done. In fact no game from here on out on any of the systems will give it that much of a boost. It will need to be a BIG game.

This.  Sure, FFXIII will push big PS3 sales when it released in Japan, as will Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest when they are released on the Wii, but that's it.  Its about games in general, not any particular big release.

16 mil is a big jump for 360 sales (5 million, right?), so I don't know if I can prescribe to that in an increasingly difficult economic world.  But it makes sense that it WILL increase.  Especially, as Squil pointed out, since the 360 started 2008 out so bad.  Plus I am of the belief that IF we see a PS3 price cut that it will only be a $50 one (based on Sony financials, statements by Sony execs AND published statements about the assumed current cost of PS3 manufacturing).  And I just don't see a price cut like that striking a large blow to 360 sales even if its prices remain static.

14 mil is more realistic to me, but we'll see.  If 2009 is anything like 2008, most of these predictions will look downright silly come December next year ...

why insane?
I think it's a safe prediction and that makes disappointed in u

Around the Network

16 million is really pushing it. I'd say anything above 10 million for 09 will be fantastic.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

I don't know about the prediction but I'll say this. If the Xbox 360 sells 16M, it will be at the expense of the PS3.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

If Sony drops the price, than definitely not. If they don't, than it is feasible.

It's all about the game.

I am going to predict about 14 million... A rise because well, consoles usually have a year-over-year increase, and the 360 has an attractive price, and will still be attractive after the ps3 cuts it's price by 50$. But the increase won't be as much as you say because of the economy and other factors. Well, that, and YOU'RE CRAZY.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

After Christmas(1-2 months) x360 will peak it sales, and Killzone 2 will just kill x360 sales.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far