By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 fall below 15% marketshare in Americas in 2009?

Ries-art said:
Euhm... America in a big recession cause they don't know that you can't spend $ 200 if you only have a hundred. Hell, let's get another creditcard!! So now they have to buy a crappy console with old technology because they can't afford a ps3. Smart people...

That's why the PS2 is still selling?  You would think that with that extra credit card they could charge a Wii or at least a 360 instead.  ;)

Around the Network

Despite the crisis Americans are eager to spend recklessly again, so if a price cut meets their offer, PS3 will sell better. And if at $299 PS3 will initially lose some $, at 299€ it wiil earn a few €, so earnings and losses will be balanced enough to make the cut affordable by Sony (obviously not now, but in a few months, the normal effects of Moore's law added to the usual lagging demand after Xmas will drive component costs down faster than in other periods of the year)

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I dont think the PS3 will be gaining any marketshare, lets face it. The wii will continue to sell ridiculously, and while the 360 is so cheap and so appealing nobody will pick the far more expensive ps3 over it...so far this gen, the USA is where the ps3 has had the most trouble selling, and it looks set to continue

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

The OP's question was if next year PS3 will fall below 15% in USA, not if it will gain, that would be more difficult, but I wouldn't bet it's impossible: most people not buying PS3 are simply and understandably angry for its current price (I myself won't buy any console for more than 150€).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
-_- im not stealthed anything damnit.

Oh thats it MGS4 is at the bottom of my list NAO!

*Gives Kantor the look.* O_o

I think your sarcasm detector needs to go in for repairs.

And the PS3 still has Versus. And God of War III.

And the sequel to Shadow of the Colossus which you liked very much, didn't you?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

No. SONY will have a good price cut next year and also have a full year of amazing software. Let me ask u this, tho, if the PS3 was $199 with no HD, would it sell better than the Xbox?

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

HanzoTheRazor said:
No. SONY will have a good price cut next year and also have a full year of amazing software. Let me ask u this, tho, if the PS3 was $199 with no HD, would it sell better than the Xbox?

I don't know I don't watch your wet dreams kid. If the Xbox came packaged with part of the moon I wonder how it would sell.

What does it matter? The PS3 isn't $199 and wont be for a long time.

HanzoTheRazor said:

No, because a HDless PS3 just wouldn't work.  However, $249 with a HD it would.  That said, it's not happening any time soon...  unless Sony drops the PS3 and has a clearance sale.

Hey, Seece, this might get a bit personal, but... Well, sorry - it will be

How come you only reply to the posts that you find "a fanboy's wet dream" and such? Replying to those in the matter you are (and calling them a fanboy's wet dream) is only going to derail your own thread.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Hey, Seece, this might get a bit personal, but... Well, sorry - it will be

How come you only reply to the posts that you find "a fanboy's wet dream" and such? Replying to those in the matter you are (and calling them a fanboy's wet dream) is only going to derail your own thread.

I replied to you, Kantor and numonex :)