By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wipeout HD is AWESOME! Best racing game of the year!

Like I said, I think Burnout Paradise is better, but I hated GRID. It was awful. The controls were awful, the rewinding was awful, everything was awful!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

If you like Wipeout HD you should try the Pure demo.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Usul said:

I purchased this game some days ago and I'm totally impressed. Its graphics are really impressive, its electronic music is stunning, its hard but challenging in a good way, its overall aestetic design is incredible (shipsm circuits, menus,...). IMO is the best racing game of this year, better than all the other full price ones. Just can't wait to see how it will be a full price version if Sony decides to it, hope this game have lots of downloads.

And during holidays it is only at 14.99 so I strongly recommend Wipeout HD to annyone interested in very fast, smooth and stylish racing games.

It's Drum n Bass!!! I love the track X - Project by DJ Fresh.

Ive seen videos of this, and as far as i can tell its just F-Zero in HD. Can someone explain the difference (if there is a difference)?

Voltaire said:
Ive seen videos of this, and as far as i can tell its just F-Zero in HD. Can someone explain the difference (if there is a difference)?

It's more like Wipeout in HD... thus the name... "WipeoutHD". But yes, it's a futuristic racer with lots of speed just like Fzero and kinetica

Around the Network

Burnout Paradise FTW mofo's...

4 ≈ One

Man that game has shaped up (last time I saw it was when they released the first vid and it was slow as!) what I think I'm going to like more about this game over burn out is the fact that it looks controlable at speed! hahaha I love burnout but the height of the series was burn out 2, since EA got involved its become bling with terrible controles! By terrible I mean the stearing is perfect for the corners but no good for last minute dodging of cars or trucks which is a big thing for a game that puts so much on crashing :( But I do like how now if you nick a corner of a car head on you just get rattled and it doesnt end in a crash. Thats made it easier :)

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

you would think claiming something to be the game of the year (for racing) that you would put in your description at least one aspect of its gameplay and not just how pretty it looks.

what makes this so much better than GTA5P, Motorstorm, Need for Speed, Mario kart or many others, besides its in 1080p.

PS3 has the best game in every single genre...

irstupid said:
you would think claiming something to be the game of the year (for racing) that you would put in your description at least one aspect of its gameplay and not just how pretty it looks.

what makes this so much better than GTA5P, Motorstorm, Need for Speed, Mario kart or many others, besides its in 1080p.

cos its fast! hehe

Nah in my own opinion I would choose GT5p by far! even if its only a sample of the real deal its a game thats replaced burn out in my heart, that game gives me one of the best pretend racing experiences I've ever had :)

If at first you don't succeed, you fail