By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wipeout HD is AWESOME! Best racing game of the year!

Glad you are having a blast with it. This year was a god send for racing fans on the PS3. A little taste of whats to come with Gran Turismo 5, Burnout Paradise, Wipeout, and Motorstorm. If you don't have all of those you are missing 30 hours of fun a peice.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

It's a very fun game, but I like Mario Kart Wii more.

Mario Kart has always been on the top of the heap for me.

I would say Wipeout is currently the best racer on the ps3, but I haven't played much of MotorStorm: Pacific Rift.

makingmusic476 said:
It's a very fun game, but I like Mario Kart Wii more.

Mario Kart has always been on the top of the heap for me.

I would say Wipeout is currently the best racer on the ps3, but I haven't played much of MotorStorm: Pacific Rift.

@Bolded- Such utter Blasphemy...Very unexpected from you MM, you should post that in the "Ready for Blasphemy" thread.

Just for that Thy shalt neva see me on LBP eva!

Wipeout is absolutly amazing game and after they recently added patch with lower difficulty levels it is accessible to every gamer even the not so skilled ones.

As for weapons I'd say they get lot more important the higher difficulty level and track speed.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

In terms of speed, it's the best racer of 08.

Around the Network
bbsin said:

Is it that fast?

SnowWhitesDrug said:
Usul said:
SnowWhitesDrug said:
I would get it but does it still have that thing where if you grind up against a wall you lose alot of your speed? I remember watching videos ages ago be4 I had a ps3 but cant remember :(

There is an option that enables driving aid and makes it a little easier. Anyway, some practice is needed to drive smoothly.

cool, and I got one more question :p Are the weapons still usable? Have you played any of the extreme g games? As thoes games evolved the weapons almost became pointless, does wipeout still hold onto the weapons as a key game play feature or do they feel sticky taped on for the sake of it? Like are they as usable as mario kart weapons?

Yes, weapons play a critical part in WipeoutHD. All the weapons are useful (some more than others), and the outcome of the race typically depends on how you use the weapons you get.

Motorstorm Pacific Rift is the best for me. It feels so good squashing a biker underneath the tyres of a Big Rig

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
bbsin said:

Is it that fast?

Yes, the first two speeds availible isn't really all that fast. But if you're new to Wipeout (or Fzero), you'll probably find Rapier and Phantom pretty fast.

Also, in Zone mode, you increase speeds every 10 seconds and there's no limit. After Zone 50, you drive at mach 2 and sonic speeds. It gets to a point where you complete entire tracks in 6 seconds.

bbsin said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
bbsin said:

Is it that fast?

Yes, the first two speeds availible isn't really all that fast. But if you're new to Wipeout (or Fzero), you'll probably find Rapier and Phantom pretty fast.

Also, in Zone mode, you increase speeds every 10 seconds and there's no limit. After Zone 50, you drive at mach 2 and sonic. It gets to a point where you complete entire tracks in 6 seconds.

6 seconds!? HOLY SHAT!!!! i've got WipeOut pulse but damn, i've never done a race that ended @ or even close to 6 seconds...

Wow...This is gonna be my next PSN title fer sure.