By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales After XBox 360 Pricecut

I'm just referring to US/NA. Because Canada had a pricecut as well (its in effect as well right?) I assume they'll see a boost in sales as well.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Around the Network
ioi said:
We're obviously referring to NA and sqrl is about on the money. Still only early figures at this point but that is how things are looking...

Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day

To Each Man, Responsibility
ioi said:
We're obviously referring to NA and sqrl is about on the money. Still only early figures at this point but that is how things are looking...

So.....it has begun!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Good to see PS3 keeps momentum. X360 needs atleast 30k more than PS3 in US to win a week worlwide. Halo 3 will help in US but it's not enough. PS3 is warming up nicely.

Edit: 40k -> 30k 

"""Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day """

==> wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

gg sqrl for the prediction and the quote ^^

I love it :)) really ....

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
"""Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day """

==> wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

gg sqrl for the prediction and the quote ^^

I love it :)) really ....

I second this...

Whahaha in Canada there was a $100 dollar price drop. I'm sure that will peak a few peoples interest.

Just kiss the tip.

lol, just a bit of self deprecating humor =)

It is a good line, and I don't remember where I got it from, but it is one of my favorites!

To Each Man, Responsibility

Ah, I didn't see that PS3 was greater than last week, whereas Wii was less.

So a 50k X360 week, and a 40k PS3 week is just phenominal. The X360, if true (that it was +50k) would mean that it's back upto Febuary sales levels. That'd be really good. I just wonder how it effected software sales. I'm going to love the X360 Sales Discussion this week :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

kber81 said:

Good to see PS3 keeps momentum. X360 needs atleast 30k more than PS3 in US to win a week worlwide. Halo 3 will help in US but it's not enough. PS3 is warming up nicely.

Edit: 40k -> 30k

Well, I prefer to look at the two regions we have hard sales numbers for, North America +Japan.

Xbox360 has won that comparison the last several months. So the only territory left is Europe.

And no offense, but I dont trust vgchartz Euro numbers much. So to me..there's no telling.

Now, it looks like July will definitly be a PS3 win in (NA+JP). Hot Shots Golf already propelled the PS3 to a well above average ~80,000 hardware in Japan for the month, and while NPD is still outstanding, it's very unlikely 360 could overcome that 70k deficit (in fact most expect PS3 to win N/A). So kudops to PS3 for it's first NA+JP win in the last nine months.

But for August, it's already looking dicey for PS3 again, as it's hardware edge in Japan will likely be back down to~50,000 or less, while 360 retakes the lead in NA.

Europe is anybody's guess, but I do not think PS3 is beating 360 nearly as bad as vgchartz has it. For example, Sony reported 710,000 consoles sold in it's last financial quarter report. If you break that down it works out to about 100k/month in EU. Meanwhile MS reported about the same, 700,000 consoles shipped. Of course MS is closer to shipped than sold, but on the other hand MS had a massive overshipment to clear out that evens things up.

I think Eu sales are about even between 360/PS3. Remember that 360 does very well in the biggest EU market, the UK, whichis 25-35% of EU sales.