By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales After XBox 360 Pricecut

"""""""""""And no offense, but I dont trust vgchartz Euro numbers much."""""""
"""""""""""Remember that 360 does very well in the biggest EU market""""""

==> I thought u dont trust VGChartz numbers

Time to Work !

Around the Network

well lib it's a fact on other website though... it's more the numbers... but EU is hard to get with all it's tiny different countries.. compare to NA and japan

So... the Wii will gain what... 145k this week?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
sharky said:

I think Eu sales are about even between 360/PS3. Remember that 360 does very well in the biggest EU market, the UK, whichis 25-35% of EU sales.

It looks like accuracy of VGChartz in Europe is very good. Numbers are pretty close to official announcements of Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. Microsoft is pretty unpopular here - that's the fact. X360 was pretty successful in UK because there was no competition.

@ Kruze

Wii's numbers are lower than last week.

""""Microsoft is pretty unpopular here""""

==> people dont SEE their console.
they still dont succeed to penetrate the market
If their are surviving in europe it just because PS3 is too expensive and has no games.
U will have a surprise during this Xmas if PS3 reach the 500$ in europe.
you will see what is a "price drop effect"...

Time to Work !

Around the Network
KruzeS said:
So... the Wii will gain what... 145k this week?

What makes you think that?

If it gets 85k US then it will still see 65-80k in JP and 60-70k in EU. So it should be 210-235k barring any major change in week over week numbers.

PS - I would guess around 220k. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
kber81 said:

Wii's numbers are lower than last week.

That's why I said 145k. Last 3 weeks it gained 170-190k a week.

Sqrl said:

What makes you think that?

I said gain, as in vs. the 360. I'm expecting the Wii to be 140-150k closer to the 360 (or around 80k behind) after last week's numbers come in.

This might mean that the crossover point is a couple days later than I expected (thanks to the price drop coming 4 days earlier than I counted). It'll still definitely be this week though, if those are the numbers. We'll know tomorrow.

KruzeS said:

That's why I said 145k. Last 3 weeks it gained 170-190k a week.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about US only numbers. You have to admit it really looks weird that way...

kber81 said:

Sorry, I thought you were talking about US only numbers. You have to admit it really looks weird that way...

No prob. I know I'm the one taking this one off-topic.

I always felt that that the North American audience was very similar to the British audience. Then again both the biggest North American markets were former British colonies. So there are bound to be many shared cultural values. Personally I am never shocked when the tastes are similar.

I was also under the impression that many markets in Europe had strict game laws that outright ban certain game types regardless of ratings. I thought killer games were illegal in Germany. Was I confused as to what this referred to? I thought killer games referred to first person shooters. Were that the case how could the 360 sell reasonably well in Europe. That is like the best part of the consoles library.

Could anyone enlighten me further as to the cultural and legislative differences in the European market? I feel woefully under informed on the subject.