By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales After XBox 360 Pricecut

Interesting. I wonder if this is the first time after the PS3 launch that Wii sales don't beat the combined sales of the HD consoles. Not trolling or anything, I mean we had a thread for predicting this that's just been a bit dead lately. =P

Around the Network

And just how will a North America only price cut significantly affect global sales?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

well probably because USA is buying way more console on that generation than the other 2 zones.... about twice what zone others does, and a little bit less than 4 time what zone japan bought on that gen... USA is ruling the market for now...

hmm I used the world hardware number for that so it might not be true anymore... I checked the real actual numbers it about 4,5 million for zone japan 12,5 million for zone NA and 7 million for zone others.... so the NA number is the world director for now.... that might explain why worldwide sale will be like that

And by how much this week, ioi?

Are we talking 5,000 ; 10,000 ; or more?

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Hmmm. Interesting. So I would assume something like:

80,000+ Wii
45,000+ X360
35,000+ PS3

ioi, plz,

just a precision... are talking about WW sales or just NA ?

because I didnt expected Xbox360 > PS3 in WW except if in NA : Xbox360>>PS3 ...

Time to Work !

I would assume he's just reffering to US/NA and not Worldwide.

mrstickball said:

80,000+ Wii
45,000+ X360
35,000+ PS3

There haven't been too many weeks with Wii under 85k in the last 15 weeks (only 1), my guess is:

85,000+ Wii
50,000+ X360
41,000+ PS3

I have a feeling 360 numbers might be a bit surprising this week.

Edit: Changed PS3 number, thought mrstickball had checked his #'s, man I tell you some mods! lol, anyways I was setting it about 2k above last week so I adjusted it up a bit. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
mrstickball said:

80,000+ Wii
45,000+ X360
35,000+ PS3

wouldnt the PS3 have to be higher than 39k if ioi said it was higher than last week? I know 35k + could mean that, but it just seems odd youd round down and just throw a + sign when you know it has to be roughly 5 grand higher.