By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales After XBox 360 Pricecut

ckmlb said:
Also would like to point out that right now 10:35 PM PST, the PS3 is higher on the Amazon.com video games sellers list.

if you combine all the 360s and all the ps3 isnt amazon selling more 360s cause of elite also near top 10?

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

I think there will be an increase in sales, but not as drastic as the PS3's increase was.

My reasoning is that I don't think there were tons of people holding out on buying a 360 until there was a price drop.

I'm a PS3 owner, but a lot of 360 owners I know bought it within the last 6 months or so because the game lineup is looking good. They didn't mind plunking down $399 at the time, so like I said I don't think there were a lot of holdouts. Of course this is just my opinion, I may be wrong and there might be lots of people that were waiting just for this pricecut. :?

I agree with Vamp. I dont know how much 360 sales will spike from just a $50.00 price drop on the Premium SKU. I am hoping that the price drops end up like this before the end of the year. Core :$199.00 Premium:$299.00 Elite:$399.00 Those would be good price points. I post under the same name on http://www.gamersreports.com and http://www.1up.com I have noticed quite a large gathering of Sony fanboys on here. So maybe I can help bring balance to the force (VGCHARTZ)...

akuma587 said:
So me saying that I have seen Xbox 360 premiums in the store in spite of the fact that they are listed as unavailable on the website in that store is being a fanboy? I like the 360 more than the Wii, and will probably pick one up for all the JRPG's it has.

I am sorry I brought some more actual information into this thread that was relevant to the topic. I sincerely apologize.

When did you see them? Oh I dont know, it was likely at least a day or two ago.

And how do we know you really saw them? Will you give me the location of the store you saw them at so I can verify, both on the website (that the web shows out of stock) and by phone (that they actually do have stock)? 

VAMP said:
I think there will be an increase in sales, but not as drastic as the PS3's increase was.

My reasoning is that I don't think there were tons of people holding out on buying a 360 until there was a price drop.

I'm a PS3 owner, but a lot of 360 owners I know bought it within the last 6 months or so because the game lineup is looking good. They didn't mind plunking down $399 at the time, so like I said I don't think there were a lot of holdouts. Of course this is just my opinion, I may be wrong and there might be lots of people that were waiting just for this pricecut. :?

Who knows. NPD will tell..both for July (PS3) and August (360).

Around the Network

@ PimpDaddy )

Your sensors must be a bit broken , for this is a 70-80% wii dominated site .. just because there are even less 360 fans , than PS3 fans doesn't really justify to call it "a large gathering of Sony fanboys" (and actually I'd like you to not respond to "fanboys" , for discussion with any kind of fanboy is a waste of time) , but welcome on board.

@ topic )

For a short period the premium rised to 1 on Amazon , because they offered an additional $20 drop (to $330) , but after that was over it fell behind the 60GB sku of the PS3 again ..
Too bad the sales rank are not a good indicator of really sold units , for there might be a large discrepancy between the ranks or they may be really close , but we won't know.

ckmlb said:
Also would like to point out that right now 10:35 PM PST, the PS3 is higher on the Amazon.com video games sellers list.

I don't get the quoting of amazon numbers in the slightest =P 

Anyways, on topic, I actually agree with Hus here.  Halo 3 is going to be far more of an impact to sales than this price cut.  But we should also keep in mind that this price cut is going to directly effect Halo 3's appeal, so in reality it is both of them that will create the increase.  You can look at it as Halo 3 creating the reason to buy, and the price cut will be the excuse. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

I think the PS3 has a customer based more "likely" to go online and order from Amazon. With the Xbox 360, the only reason to order from Amazon is no sales tax, but most stores are offering Bundled games or other bonuses which definitely will attract some sales there.

I saw some pretty solid Ad Spots for Madden...and Xbox 360? I guess Microsoft and EA have some sort of arrangement since each Madden Spot I saw (two) had advertisements for the Cores new price of $279.99 , another had Gamestop tagged on the end.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

darkfire001 said:
I think the PS3 has a customer based more "likely" to go online and order from Amazon. With the Xbox 360, the only reason to order from Amazon is no sales tax, but most stores are offering Bundled games or other bonuses which definitely will attract some sales there.

I saw some pretty solid Ad Spots for Madden...and Xbox 360? I guess Microsoft and EA have some sort of arrangement since each Madden Spot I saw (two) had advertisements for the Cores new price of $279.99 , another had Gamestop tagged on the end.

i think amazon charges tax anyway. if i recall..

Also akuma587 if it's some kind of glitch, why does 60GB PS3 show up as available for pickup at nearly every store (all 5 in my case, so I'm assuming)?

If the best buy web inventory system was really broken, wouldn't it be broken for all systems not just 360?