By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales After XBox 360 Pricecut

Hey Guys,

I see tons of different topics scattered everywhere about the XBox 360 price cut, but no single thread that covers the DIRECT impact of the price cut and sales. I figured I'd go ahead and make this thread to cover expected sales of the Xbox 360 after the price cut and everything related to it.

My personal observations are that sales are definitely jumping up. I think sales slumped into the 35K range because people held off buying a system when they knew the price was going to drop soon after. Looking at the local stores and Amazon, I honestly think that the Xbox 360 is going to jump at least into the 60+K Range.

One of my friends went ahead and purchased a Used 360 ($190 @ Gamestop), and a couple others are now interested in the system now that HDMI is on the Premiums. However, they're both sort of torn about whether getting the system now or in Septemer (Halo 3), or waiting longer for Falcon.

From my visits to EBGames & Mall this past week I've definitely seen an uptick in 360 Sales. Game developers must be happy since this price drop is definitely boosting sales of some older games from 2006, and most those would have just languished on shelves for a few more weeks until the big 07' titles hit.

Madden 08' is generating a lot more interest at the college level then I expected. Some of my college buddies literally ONLY PLAY Football related games and it sounds like they might get 360's sometime this fall just for Madden.

If Microsoft can push out the new Falcon's when Halo 3 hits, I think the system will definitely capture the #1 spot from the Wii for a few weeks.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Around the Network

The sales figures have gone up, but I think MS is betting too much on NA region only. They have all but given up on Japan and Europe.
Games like Madden don't matter one bit here in EU or Japan, and games like Halo don't sell well either in these regions (except the UK probably).
So allthough sales will spike for NA, they keep decreasing in EU and Japan so the numbers in total will still barely move compared to before. (And compared to the Wii...)

Halo will affect sales more then the price cut.

Best Buy seems to be mostly sold out of 360 Pro's.

I cant seem to get any link to work, but go to Best Buy.com and look up premium systems.

Select "store pickup, check preferred store availability" Put your zip code in there..no matter where you live it seems like only one or two stores will have Premium's in stock...

So that's good for 360 sales.

Yes 360 sales are definitely picking up. I can see a difference even in my own small town as a few of my friends are finally buying one thanks to the price drop. It looks like smooth sailing for the 360 for the rest of the year as sales will stop decreasing and regularly increase from now until the big holiday boom.

Around the Network

I have seen 360's at my local Best Buy, so I thing the website thing is an anomaly. Each Circuit City in my hometown of Lubbock (79424) and the one where I go to school (78751) have it available at every store in range. Best Buy and Circuit City have almost identical customer patterns.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, just offering my two cents.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
I have seen 360's at my local Best Buy, so I thing the website thing is an anomaly. Each Circuit City in my hometown of Lubbock (79424) and the one where I go to school (78751) have it available at every store in range. Best Buy and Circuit City have almost identical customer patterns.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, just offering my two cents.

It's not an anomaly, it's a verifiable fact.

Anyone can go to the website and check. Best Buy is mostly sold out of premiums and that's not really debatable. And Best Buy is a lot more popular than CC.

And there are a lot more Best Buy stores than Circuit City.

Just stop trying to naysay any good 360 news your signature makes it obvious where you're coming from.. 

So me saying that I have seen Xbox 360 premiums in the store in spite of the fact that they are listed as unavailable on the website in that store is being a fanboy? I like the 360 more than the Wii, and will probably pick one up for all the JRPG's it has.

I am sorry I brought some more actual information into this thread that was relevant to the topic. I sincerely apologize.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

It's not sold out of premiums right now it's sold out of cores.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17080&type=page&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1~~q70726f63657373696e6774696d653a3e313930302d30312d3031~~cabcat0700000%23%230%23%2319r~~cabcat0701000%23%230%23%233z~~nf410%7C%7C2432303020616e64205570&list=y&nrp=15&sc=gameToySP&sp=%2Bskushortlabel+skuid&usc=abcat0700000

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Also would like to point out that right now 10:35 PM PST, the PS3 is higher on the Amazon.com video games sellers list.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!