By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - History in the Making... Wii Sports to become #1 Sold Videogame of All Time

Congrtulations to both Super Mario Bros and Wii Sports

Around the Network

What about Minesweeper?

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

wii sports isnt even on sale outside japan, its a pack in demo of the wiimote numchuck controllers that comes with every wii.

i dunno why its even tracked.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

We should add to the forum rules that saying "Wii Sports shouldn't be counted" results in an instant permaban. I'm tired of this, seriously.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

darklich13 said:
What about Minesweeper?

Now don't start. That's a stupid comparison and you know it. How many people have been at best buy, saw mine sweeper and said "Damn, I gotta get one of these PCs"?

People will complain, hem and haw, but wii sports has been on the Oscars, The nightly news, sitcoms, commercials, magazines, it's in bars, night clubs, theme parks, all the hell over the place. Fanboys even argue that people only buy wii for wiisports and then never play their wii again, but when it comes time to give credit to wii sports it's just a demo and people aren't buying their wii's for that crap. People see wii sports and are blown away by it, and must have it, then go out and buy a wii. I won't defend wiiplay because that is a controller with a game, but wii sports is the reason for the wii's success and it deserves every bit of credit that it gets.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Ok then for those who oppose to Wii sports being the #1 game of all time, they must provide us with the #1 never bundled game of all time.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Yay wii sports!

mM

Wii sports will be the highest selling videogame of all time. This makes me a sad panda

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

WiiSports is clearly the reason so many people bought a Wii. That and WiiPlay. The two most awesome video games of all time. No way did people just buy them for the hardware they come with. Nope.

Also, in the PC games realm, a freaking truckload of people went out looking for computer Solitaire, and it came with Windows and a computer. Solitaire for the win!

It doesn't count because it's bundled.

Right?

>_>