By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - History in the Making... Wii Sports to become #1 Sold Videogame of All Time

The_vagabond7 said:
darklich13 said:
What about Minesweeper?

Now don't start. That's a stupid comparison and you know it. How many people have been at best buy, saw mine sweeper and said "Damn, I gotta get one of these PCs"?

People will complain, hem and haw, but wii sports has been on the Oscars, The nightly news, sitcoms, commercials, magazines, it's in bars, night clubs, theme parks, all the hell over the place. Fanboys even argue that people only buy wii for wiisports and then never play their wii again, but when it comes time to give credit to wii sports it's just a demo and people aren't buying their wii's for that crap. People see wii sports and are blown away by it, and must have it, then go out and buy a wii. I won't defend wiiplay because that is a controller with a game, but wii sports is the reason for the wii's success and it deserves every bit of credit that it gets.

You make a good point but for me, Wii Sports will always have an asterix next to its name.

WiiSports*

*Bundeled with system

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
venepe said:
Ok then for those who oppose to Wii sports being the #1 game of all time, they must provide us with the #1 never bundled game of all time.

We discussed this one too!

For those that can't accept a bundled game.

Super Maro Land for GameBoy still holds the crown

(Until definitive proof shows that it was ever a pack in)

Then GTA: San Andreas.

BUT: Since most people will always agree that Super Mario Bros is #1 all-time, I'll agree that WiiSports is now #1 all-time.

No Asterisks needed for this homerun record.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Wut?

WiiSports* should count because its a Wii title, and all people love it and play it like crazy. Soon it will dethrone Solitaire, as the Wii takes over all. WiiPlay** will be #2 shortly, for the same reason.

WiiSports and WiiPlay should share Game of the Year, every year, despite being released in 2006/2007.

* bundled with console

** bundled with extre controller for a console, on which the best titles and main demographics need multiple controllers.

darklich13 said:
Title of the thread should be

Wii Sports to become #1 Bundled Videogame of All Time

Super Mario Bros was bundled too.

The bitter fanboy tears are deep...

Around the Network
Thechalkblock said:
darklich13 said:
Title of the thread should be

Wii Sports to become #1 Bundled Videogame of All Time

Super Mario Bros was bundled too.

Really?!? Gee your so smart

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Keep hating! It doesnt stop this form being a FACT.

Wii Sports ftw!

Man, this thread makes me want to play WiiSports right now! Game of the Century!\

Seriously though... I think we all realize the great importance of this bundled sales statistic.  WiiSports sales numbers are clearly not skewed at all, relative to non-permabundled titles on the fastest selling console of all time.

We should compare it to the number of freebie AOL CDs sent out next...

Hey fellas, fellas...
Why is everyone so touchy? Where is that Christmas Spirit!?

This is a sales website.
No need for anger toward each other.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

360/PS3 fanboys just cant accept this. Anyways this is my last comment.

If this thread explodes have fun arguing.................and grow up.