By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Twesterm losses the bet! LBP breaks 1.5 million before 09

LBP is selling well in NA, where its not bundled or a bargain price.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
LBP is selling well in NA, where its not bundled or a bargain price.

just like kung fu panda is bundled with every xbox 360?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

With every 360 pro and and elite it is bundled.

mM

@ManUeLF whats wrong with bundling? LBP is huge success considering the small dev team behind it. Glad I bought it and not Links crossbow game or whatever kiddie junk is coming out.

Ynwa.

MANUELF said:
DMeisterJ said:
kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:
Sorry twesterm the bundles made you lose

Don't hate.

Give up this crusade.  You were incorrect.  LBP is a major success, whether or not you'd wanna believe it.

where is hate in his post? he only stated a fact...

i guess you hate the hate?

The "hate" is that he always brings bundles up when we talk about LBP sales, acting like every unit sold is a bundled unit, and that no current PS3 owners in EU are buying the game.

>_>

Stop acting like a crying fanboy and heard, LBP is bundle in Europe, is a official bundle from Sony not a retailer one, the bundles ALWAYS help a game sell more than it may sell without it, and remember the HUGE difference of MGS4 in America with and without bundles.

He knew about the bundle yet he bet, before this bet was made it was known fact that there will be bundles. It's about bet not about lbp arguable success. Anyway congratulations Darth.

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
DMeisterJ said:
kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:

Don't hate.

Give up this crusade.  You were incorrect.  LBP is a major success, whether or not you'd wanna believe it.

The "hate" is that he always brings bundles up when we talk about LBP sales, acting like every unit sold is a bundled unit, and that no current PS3 owners in EU are buying the game.

>_>

Stop acting like a crying fanboy and heard, LBP is bundle in Europe, is a official bundle from Sony not a retailer one, the bundles ALWAYS help a game sell more than it may sell without it, and remember the HUGE difference of MGS4 in America with and without bundles.

And look at LBP right now in America without bundles.  And I hardly think that every single unit sold in EU is a bundled unit.  That's mean that there's no one buying the game for 20 Pounds off of Amazon like you always point out. 

Don't fail.

DMeisterJ said:
kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:

Don't hate.

>_>

You missed the point. Without bundling it might have not broken 1.5 million before January 1st 09

He never said it wouldn't make it to 1.5 million or more.

leo-j said:
With every 360 pro and and elite it is bundled.

lulz you were proved wrong yesterday...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Barozi said:
DMeisterJ said:
kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:

Don't hate.

>_>

You missed the point. Without bundling it might have not broken 1.5 million before January 1st 09

And my point is we have no idea.

We don't know how many bundles are availabe whether it's 1 or 1 million, and we don't know how many have sold.  It's inconclusive at best, which is why it's a moot point.  For every reason he can blame sales on bundling, I can name one why it isn't.

I doubt it wouldnt have hit 1.5M, i mean if it can sell 100k NA, where hte ps3 install base is smalller than in Europe, then it could sell 100k in Others without the bundle.

Remember a week and a half left of sales, meaning, week ending jan 3 could be closing in on 2 million wont hit it though.

Bundle is in japan and UK only

nvm..

mM