By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create first day sales 12/25 (WKC @ 132k)

makingmusic476 said:
colonelstubbs said:
Not bad, but is this really the huge ps3 saviour that was needed in japan?

The ps3's "saviour" if anything is the stream of constant releases that started hitting last month.  It has lead to increased sales across the board, and these sales should stay up until at least April with releases like Yakuza 3, Resident Evil 5 (not really that big in Japan anymore, though), Street Fighter IV, Demon's Souls (though tbh I think it'll be crap), and the FFVII Blu-Ray + FFXIII demo, among others.

I think you are right.

If one game must "save" the PS3 in Japan, I only see FF13...

The other potential savior is not a game imo, it's a cheaper, smaller, lighter PSthree

Around the Network

But-but-but, the PS3 can't sell JRPGs.

Glad the nail is in the coffin of that argument.

Just outsold ever 360 JRPG in JP first week in it's first day. Good job Level 5.

Quick note: If the game does over 210k this week, it will have outsold BD, LO, TLR, IU, ToV, and ES lifetime Japanese sales in one week.  But as of right now, the first day sales have outsold LO, TLR, IU, ToV, and ES lifetime JP sales. 

w00t.

DMeisterJ said:

Just outsold ever 360 JRPG in JP first week in it's first day. Good job Level 5.

Quick note: If the game does over 210k this week, it will have outsold BD, LO, TLR, IU, ToV, and ES lifetime Japanese sales in one week.

w00t.

Meh, wouldn't expect it to =/

I just hope the game is good.

Well there goes the 360 fans argument that there is no proof the PS3 can sell JRPG's better than the 360.

WKC has a chance at selling more first week than Blue Dragon (highest selling 360 game in Japan) has in its lifetime, 210K.

@Xen
I totally agree with you! If the game is crap why even care about the sales.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Quick note: If the game does over 210k this week, it will have outsold BD, LO, TLR, IU, ToV, and ES lifetime Japanese sales in one week.  But as of right now, the first day sales have outsold LO, TLR, IU, ToV, and ES lifetime JP sales. 

w00t.

If it tops I believe the highest selling  HD JRPG in japan thus far - Blue Dragon - in one single week I'll give out a HOT DAMN out loud.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Meh, some people are already trying to make a big deal out of nothing. 132.000 is a decent result but it is nothing to brag about. And has anybody ever said that PS3 cant sell jRPGs in Japan? Link please because I dont remember a single person here saying something as stupid as this.

I can only remember people saying PS3 is not capable of selling jRPGs worldwide. I am one of those people and i still do think that way.

then your kinda stupid when ff12 comes out it will selll much MUCH

klaudkil said:

Already sold much.

klaudkil said:

That comment of yours is pretty stupid =p.