By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Holy maloley! Kirby is awesome!

I've never played a Kirby game, untill I found Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA) in a store. For 10 NOK (1.5 dollars). It was in terrible condition though, so I didn't think it would work.

But it did! And the game was awesome beyond words! I mean, it might be my favourite 6th gen game! Only real contestants are SSBM and Wind Waker. It's just awesome!

So, thanks to the people who got me into buying it (Khuutra, Noname and someone else).

Do you like the Kirby games? And what Kirby would you recommened me to play next?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland is a remake of the NES game, Kirby Adventure, which happens to be one of my favorite Kirby games. (Don't own the remake though :()

In speaking of remakes...

I'd recommend Kirby Super Star Ultra. I mean it, it's the best Kirby game I've ever played.

Oh, and I have one more question. How do you drop your current "skill"? I never found that out (no manual, I bought the game pack only)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Kirby's Adventure for the NES is my favourite Kirby game too. =D

But yeah, definitely get Super Star Ultra and I also enjoyed Kirby Squeak Squad.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Oh, and I have one more question. How do you drop your current "skill"? I never found that out (no manual, I bought the game pack only)

Uh, I forgot. Try pressing select, that may work.

Around the Network

OMG YOU MADE A THREAD FOR KIRBY007???? wait... nevermind... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I tend not to like 2D platformers, but I really loved Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (GBA). I really enjoyed how much time I could spend exploring the world and trying to find how to get to new places to achieve 100%.

I think I'm in a minority though, since I don't like 2D platformers much.

Buy Kirby Super Star Ultra Deluxe... is a remake of a SNES compilation of Kirby games. Is awesome.

The game features 3D FMV cutscenes for all of the levels, improves the visuals from Super Star, and adds to/modifies the gameplay in some ways.

This are the main games included in the remake:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_Super_Star#Platforming_games

Xeta said:

I tend not to like 2D platformers, but I really loved Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (GBA). I really enjoyed how much time I could spend exploring the world and trying to find how to get to new places to achieve 100%.

I think I'm in a minority though, since I don't like 2D platformers much.

How can you say that???!!!!! They're the best genre ever invented!!!!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I love Kirby games too.

Kirby and the amazing mirror, another game for GBA was a really long game if you are trying to collect every treasure and visit every room in the game. (rooms as in an going to a door to another room...acre... grassland... something.) The music of Kirby games are excellent too.

edit: by doors I meant mirrors.