By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Holy maloley! Kirby is awesome!

Yeah the kirby games are nice. If Nintendo has enough of swimming in the money I hope they will spend some time for a Wii kirby.

Around the Network

yes kirby is awesome

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Kirby is great, but it's really targetted at a young demographic. Not because of any themes, or graphics, or anything like that, that's just dandy. But because every kirby game except maybe Kirby Super Star on SNES is ridiculously easy to the point that you have to try to die.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Kirby Canvas Curse is probably still the best showcase game on the Nintendo DS, and yes, Kirby Super Star Ultra (or Super Star Deluxe I suppose) is arguably the best game in the franchise.

On the Virtual Console side of things, the Nintendo 64 game, Kirby and the Crystal Shards, is also great fun. You can mix and match different powers - so Spark + Cutter would be a double-bladed yellow lightsaber (I am not kidding), while Spark + Ice is Kirby turning into a refrigerator and shooting food at his enemies. It's worth buying for the power combos alone.

ameratsu said:

kirby's dream course (it's on VC)

Holy crap!!! Since when? KDC is 1 of the best snes games, ever made and there are a lot of great 1s. I've wanted a sequel to it, for years. I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't own it, even though KDC has very little to do with Kirby and even less to do with putt putt.

@Oyvoyvoyv: I can't believe you could have had Kirby avatar for that long and never played 1 Kirby game. They're all great, but the 64 1 and Super Star are especially good.

Around the Network

......... ITS A TRAP!

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
......... ITS A TRAP!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

My favorites are

The original Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)
Kirby's Pinball Land (Game Boy, my favorite pinball game ever)
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble (Game Boy Color, the Wii's grandfather with tilt sensing)
Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS, one of my favorite DS games)

I haven't played Super Star Ultra yet, but I'm going to soon. It's supposed to be the best, platforming-wise and minigame-wise. I didn't know it had video cutscenes though. I gotta see those. Kirby rules. He's one tough cream puff.

Kirby games are never amazing, but always good. Even with low production values the developers always pull off a quirky title.

A thread made not for Kirby007 but for the excellent, fun series that is Kirby.