By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Other Console Game this Gen Will match Crysis Graphics(56k)!

In many ways, Crysis is the most graphically advanced videogame yet and it won't be until the next generation when videogame consoles will be able to produce similar graphics.

At the same time, one of the nicest things about consoles has always been that they were uniform in capabilities which means that developers can target their specific hardware. As a result of this it is much easier to get (nearly) maximum performance from console hardware, and developers often come up with "Tricks" to emulate more advanced effects on the modest console hardware. In other words, late generation PS3/XBox 360 games may end up looking similar or better than Crysis even though they are not as advanced.

Around the Network

All I can say is, "We will see"

You can do a lot of interesting things with the Xbox 360 tessellation engine or the PS3s Cell broadband engine. One thing console games have always had over PC games is higher production standards, well since the PS1 anyway. That means art direction, style, optimization etc. I was always astounded when I was mainly a PC-gamer how console games always had this intangible edge that transcended the sheer difference in power/polygons etc.

Tease.

people dont bring it up because you need a supercomputer to make it look like that. So been practical if you tune down the specs to a pc like mine it wont look like that, not even better that gears or mgs4 with the same specs .

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

but can crysis determine how fast a blackhole vibrates ???? didnt think so...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

More Screenshots for the non-believers:

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Around the Network

@flame

yea those are gameplay pics, visually it isnt far ahead of console games.. there are even some console games that look better than that

mM

Tsk!tsk tsk.. even the most hardcore fanboy's won't admit crysis is superior in every way shape and form.*sigh*

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Because your not showing me anything that looks superior..

mM
~flame said:
Tsk!tsk tsk.. even the most hardcore fanboy's won't admit crysis is superior in every way shape and form.*sigh*

I know it's unbelieveable how stubborn they are, hey I would never say this is one of the best games out there, but graphically it's way better then everything else. 

leo-j said:
@flame

yea those are gameplay pics, visually it isnt far ahead of console games.. there are even some console games that look better than that

Really? Who should i believe some random kid on a site or these guys:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/139546/crysis_review_extraordinary_but_flawed_masterpiece.html

"Take the game's extremely advanced 3D engine. Crysis looks like something that had to be time-warped back from a future where average PCs can actually run it. The bad news is, average PCs today can't."

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/index.html

"Crysis is visually stunning, packed with intelligent, thrilling gameplay, and easily one of the greatest shooters ever made."