By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Other Console Game this Gen Will match Crysis Graphics(56k)!

Despite the availability of controlling some parts of said scenes or not, they are pre-rendered using the game engine. Keyword, pre rendered. Still looking amazing, but not better.

^^ On my above images, click on them to view them completely.

Around the Network

@Pete I think where Uncharted 2 will be good with, much as Killzone 2 is, is how it will look in motion while you are playing. Who knows, Uncharted 2 is still almost an entire year away. Just think, it looks THIS good with a year of polishing and work to be done. I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted 2 actually manages to equal, surpass Crysis when it goes gold.

Onyxmeth said:

I don't mean to be a party pooper. I think Crysis looks great, but can't anyone ever show in-game screens of the actual game and not just test screens of scenery?

TRUE DAT!

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

One of the more interesting things will be the cross platform HD-Console/PC games that are released in late 2009 and beyond ...

We're at a point in the generation where the PC market will be moving their minimum requirements to levels beyond the capabilities of the consoles, and this means they will be producing ultra-low versions of their models/textures/effects for the HD console version of a game. Much like the XBox version of games like Half-Life 2 and Far Cry, this will result in the console versions looking far worse than the PC version and there will be a return of the PC "Fanboy" gloating.

Just watch this, the Crysis map Photoreal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htGlsQZ8KQk
Ignore the odd boulder textures in the beginning and wait till he gets into the compound.

EDIT: Oh yes, select the high quality option.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network

Retracting this statement, after watching other vid... Something must of been wrong with the other vids I watched... god. Still I think Uncharted 2 will come damn close.

don't bother trying dude, fanboys can't be reasoned with.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Just some screens that I thought I should post. Anyway you would have to see the game in motion(not gameplay videos, not screens) to get the idea of what technical acheivements they are making. As for consoles games that look better, let alone close................................lol.

If a console is going to beat Crysis, that'll be the PS3, I have no doubt on this. But atleast you know as of now no console game has better graphics. This is what the OP wants to show. It isn't a thread to spark debate, it's a thread to teach really, on the difference between the games. If Uncharted 2 releases with better graphics and better sound and better physics than what Crysis can deliver, then my hats off to them, but we can compare it to the third take of Crysis (Crysis 3, I believe Crysis is a trilogy) and we can see how it goes from there.

HappySqurriel said:

One of the more interesting things will be the cross platform HD-Console/PC games that are released in late 2009 and beyond ...

We're at a point in the generation where the PC market will be moving their minimum requirements to levels beyond the capabilities of the consoles, and this means they will be producing ultra-low versions of their models/textures/effects for the HD console version of a game. Much like the XBox version of games like Half-Life 2 and Far Cry, this will result in the console versions looking far worse than the PC version and there will be a return of the PC "Fanboy" gloating.

What are you talking about? Half-Life 2 on Xbox was better than the PC version graphically.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.