By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Other Console Game this Gen Will match Crysis Graphics(56k)!

vlad321 said:
arsenicazure said:
PC's will always have the best graphics- because they constantly evolve. Developers can put different quality settings for the various rigs out there. Not so true for consoles. Its just one configuration and just one setting. SO this comparison is silly. PC's will always rule high end graphics, HD consoles will always give you great graphics at a cheap price.

Your comparing consoles that were developed over 3 yrs ago. 3yrs is a lifetime In the PC graphics industry. would crysis run at 45-60 FPS @ 1080p on an athlon x2 with 2 gigs RAM and geforce 6 or maybe 7..

I didnt think so.

@vlad

Hd consoles: 360 core price at launch $ 299 vs $250 for the wii.. for 50 bucks you got a lot more visual juice.

Yeah and for you to get the 360 that was actually worth it it would cost a larger amount. Even MS is offering people a deals and ways to get more storage on their Arcades nowadays, meaning that a decently big sorage was necessary in the first place. My argument still stands, if anyone in this thread that has bitched about the cost of the PC and use that as their excuse as to why their HD console's graphics are worse than the PC, expect me to link this thread from now on. Any argument that goes against the Wii from the HD  fanboys can go agaisnt them from the PC fanboys.

yea.. 399 for the HDD enabled xbox.. still cheaper than a PC. Your clearly missing the point of my argument. PC's ARE better graphically.because the hardware evolves every few months. As for crysis being all pretty. yes its awesome. But how powerful of a system do you need to play it at those beaut settings:

Here is a toms hardware article about building a "budget"gaming PC for a fairly cheap(for PC standards) $625.

How did crysis score at 1080P: around 20FPS(overclocked).. without AA

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-graphics-overclocking,2082.html

And a $1250+ PC ( thats the price of SIX XBOX 360 arcades):

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-graphics-overclocking,2083-12.html

Thats 30 FPS at 1080P

this is no excuse for consoles developed in 2005 to having "inferior" graphics.. if your gonna compare a 2005 BMW 5 series to a 2008 BMW M6 its common sense on which one is gonna trump at performance. But as the toms hardware article shows. even PC's above $1200 can barely manage to run crysis at those postcard perfect settings.

KZ2 looks quite nice and is comparable to crysis, although not the same level. Eventualy- atleast by the last year of PS3/360's life I would expect a title that would compare favourably with crysis. The current generation has another 3 yrs in it alteast. If you compare perfect dark with GOW2 you see a marked difference

Perfect dark zero (360 launch title)

gow:

gow2:

Crysis:

Killzone 2:

Id say HD consoles are improving pretty well. Inspite of not having DX10 support or dollops of RAM.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
arsenicazure said:
vlad321 said:
arsenicazure said:
PC's will always have the best graphics- because they constantly evolve. Developers can put different quality settings for the various rigs out there. Not so true for consoles. Its just one configuration and just one setting. SO this comparison is silly. PC's will always rule high end graphics, HD consoles will always give you great graphics at a cheap price.

Your comparing consoles that were developed over 3 yrs ago. 3yrs is a lifetime In the PC graphics industry. would crysis run at 45-60 FPS @ 1080p on an athlon x2 with 2 gigs RAM and geforce 6 or maybe 7..

I didnt think so.

@vlad

Hd consoles: 360 core price at launch $ 299 vs $250 for the wii.. for 50 bucks you got a lot more visual juice.

Yeah and for you to get the 360 that was actually worth it it would cost a larger amount. Even MS is offering people a deals and ways to get more storage on their Arcades nowadays, meaning that a decently big sorage was necessary in the first place. My argument still stands, if anyone in this thread that has bitched about the cost of the PC and use that as their excuse as to why their HD console's graphics are worse than the PC, expect me to link this thread from now on. Any argument that goes against the Wii from the HD  fanboys can go agaisnt them from the PC fanboys.

yea.. 399 for the HDD enabled xbox.. still cheaper than a PC. Your clearly missing the point of my argument. PC's ARE better graphically.because the hardware evolves every few months. As for crysis being all pretty. yes its awesome. But how powerful of a system do you need to play it at those beaut settings:

Here is a toms hardware article about building a "budget"gaming PC for a fairly cheap(for PC standards) $625.

Thats 30 FPS at 1080P

this is no excuse for consoles developed in 2005 to having "inferior" graphics.. if your gonna compare a 2005 BMW 5 series to a 2008 BMW M6 its common sense on which one is gonna trump at performance. But as the toms hardware article shows. even PC's above $1200 can barely manage to run crysis at those postcard perfect settings.

Any Wii owenr can say the exact same shit when you start throwing a fit over graphics and processing power. So I'm guessing by your logic, since the HD consoles are ultiamtely better than the PC, the Wii is better than the HD consoles.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

@VLad..

Sadly, the wii costs $250 and therefore " by my logic" its still 50 bucks more than the cheapest 360 and doesnt qualify as "better"..

Its very easy to make pretty pictures.. but unfortunately games are "moving pictures" that require minimum 30 FPS to be enjoyable. If crysis needs a $1500 PC to make it pretty and if you think that makes sense.. good for you..

meanwhile, the rest of us enjoy our low performance ps3's and 360's. While you can play the crysis slideshow on your PC

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

Well it doesn't take very high setting to look better. On High or even Medium setting crysis is still technically better. On Very High the difference is just larger. Also Crysis Warhead is much more optimized with slightly better graphics than Crysis meaning that it doesn't cost as much to achieve very high settings.

arsenicazure said:
@VLad..

Sadly, the wii costs $250 and therefore " by my logic" its still 50 bucks more than the cheapest 360 and doesnt qualify as "better"..

Its very easy to make pretty pictures.. but unfortunately games are "moving pictures" that require minimum 30 FPS to be enjoyable. If crysis needs a $1500 PC to make it pretty and if you think that makes sense.. good for you..

meanwhile, the rest of us enjoy our low performance ps3's and 360's. While you can play the crysis slideshow on your PC

Yeah, I guess it is 50 bucks more expensive, however it wasn't so for 2 years, and even now people are STILL buying their HDDs fo the 360, driving up the cost. Your argument is, yeah the PC looks better but it costs more. My argument is, yeah the HDs look better but also cost more. I really can't help you any more if you don't see any irony in that (I find it HILARIOUS when HD fanboys start bitching about prices of a PC as the only defense against the PC while at the same time bitching out the Wii with the exact same words the PCers bitched them out).

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Well it doesn't take very high setting to look better. On High or even Medium setting crysis is still technically better. On Very High the difference is just larger. Also Crysis Warhead is much more optimized with slightly better graphics than Crysis meaning that it doesn't cost as much to achieve very high settings.

heres a comparison of how Crysis fares- from the highest settings to the lowest:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

I don't need a comparison. I have the game and I've seen it on all settings. I also have seen all the games you mentioned with the exception of Killzone 2. Crysis on High still looks better. On medium I would say somethings are better, while somethings are the same. On low I would say it looks better than most PS360 games, but not all.

vlad321 said:
arsenicazure said:
@VLad..

Yeah, I guess it is 50 bucks more expensive, however it wasn't so for 2 years, and even now people are STILL buying their HDDs fo the 360, driving up the cost. Your argument is, yeah the PC looks better but it costs more. My argument is, yeah the HDs look better but also cost more. I really can't help you any more if you don't see any irony in that (I find it HILARIOUS when HD fanboys start bitching about prices of a PC as the only defense against the PC while at the same time bitching out the Wii with the exact same words the PCers bitched them out).

yes becoz since a year the arcade has been on par with the wii ($250) and the previous year was $50 more expensive. As opposed to a quality PC that costs several times over the cost of an xbox 360 ,$50 is a "huge amount"

Secondly, the wii nor the 360 require HDD's to play games- its an optional addon for 360

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

@sc94597

yes crysis on high settings does look better. But console games are catching up and will eventually reach the crysis level at the end of this hardware cycle, which isnt too bad considering these hardware specs were designed in 2005, as opposed to the graphics card/CPU's in your PC designed in 07/08, at a fraction of the cost

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

arsenicazure said:

vlad321 said:
arsenicazure said:

I didnt think so.

@vlad

Yeah and for you to get the 360 that was actually worth it it would cost a larger amount. Even MS is offering people a deals and ways to get more storage on their Arcades nowadays, meaning that a decently big sorage was necessary in the first place. My argument still stands, if anyone in this thread that has bitched about the cost of the PC and use that as their excuse as to why their HD console's graphics are worse than the PC, expect me to link this thread from now on. Any argument that goes against the Wii from the HD fanboys can go agaisnt them from the PC fanboys.

Thats 30 FPS at 1080P

KZ2 looks quite nice and is comparable to crysis, although not the same level. Eventualy- atleast by the last year of PS3/360's life I would expect a title that would compare favourably with crysis. The current generation has another 3 yrs in it alteast. If you compare perfect dark with GOW2 you see a marked difference

Perfect dark zero (360 launch title)

gow:

gow2:

Crysis:

Killzone 2:

Id say HD consoles are improving pretty well. Inspite of not having DX10 support or dollops of RAM.

Too bad those are only 720p (and some are less) and upscaled to 1080p,i know for a fact that the PC GPU can get about 30-40 fps with 720p upscaled to 1080p,and the consoles dont have REALY 1080p,they have upscaled because if they did have REAL 1080p they would get 10 fps while standing still...