By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why All The PS3 Hate?

blazinhead89 said:
NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:

FIXED How can you say SMG and Gow on 360 are Definite killer apps, but "MGS4 Maybe".

Mostly because SMG and Gow have more mainstream appeal than MGS4, if nothing else because of the genres they're in. A true killer-app for the PS3 will probably be GT5, but MGS4 fits well enough too...

So sales =Quality??

Who mentioned quality before you did? Seriously, you need to stop putting words in people's mouths. It's at least the second time you did that in this thread.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
donathos said:
PS3 hasn't done well this gen.

We've noticed it here for a while -- now, mainstream media is picking up on it, in part due to the deathwatch that general recession has brought on.

The article writer wants to say that PS3 hasn't done poorly at all; that it's sold a lot of consoles. And, hey, that's nifty! A lot of consoles = a lot of consoles, right? But of course it leaves out all of the context that we have: the expectations of the system going in; the historical success of the Playstation line; the success of its current competitors; the costs involved in the system's development, production & advertising.

I mean, hell, independent of context, selling *one* console is a great thing! If Sony had sold 10 PS3s during November... that's 10 more in the Sony family, right!? :) But it turns out that context does matter, and that the PS3's sales declining from last November is a pretty bad sign, regardless of the absolute amount sold, especially when considering that the PS2's sales are strongly down as well.

Of course CNN, Time, etc., aren't going to have the hardcore gamer's perspective -- they're mainstream and don't have the same knowledge base, passion or points of reference -- but whining about the mainstream press catching wind of what's going on here isn't going to solve anything.

The ps3 hasn't done well---you're right.

However, mainstream media spewing BS about it is not helping it's current state. If you've followed the article writer's posting history, he's posted he's fair share of sony negatives. However, BS needs to be called out and CNN and TIME have failed big time

I think we agree on all points, then.  I'd just cut things like Time a little more slack because I don't expect them to really know what they're talking about.  I'm just happy when the mainstream press manages to spell all of the titles right & know that Link's the name of the guy in green, not Zelda.  :) 

I'd guess that no one at Time has as much perspective on these things as even your average poster here at VGChartz.

NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:
NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:

FIXED How can you say SMG and Gow on 360 are Definite killer apps, but "MGS4 Maybe".

Mostly because SMG and Gow have more mainstream appeal than MGS4, if nothing else because of the genres they're in. A true killer-app for the PS3 will probably be GT5, but MGS4 fits well enough too...

So sales =Quality??

Who mentioned quality before you did? Seriously, you need to stop putting words in people's mouths. It's at least the second time you did that in this thread.

Im not denying the Quality of SMG Or Gow , but it seems you are judging a game again before you play it MGS4.

blazinhead89 said:

Im not denying the Quality of SMG Or Gow , but it seems you are judging a game again before you play it MGS4.

Well, that's the third time you're putting words in my mouth now. In no way did I pass judgment on MGS4. This is getting silly...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

You said "Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Resistance 2" were must have games. I think you mean must have to people who already own a PS3. I would think to be a true "Must Have" game it would have to intice people who don't own the system yet. I'll give you Metal Gears Solid 4, even though I don't like Metal Gears in 3D, but HS, Uncharted and R2 are not likely to sell too many systems, only appeal to current owners. I think so at least.

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Kasz216 said:
Pristine20 said:
Slimebeast said:
Sigh. A wall of text written by an unknown blogger who obviously is a Sony fanboy.

How's a sony fanboy just calling for people to enjoy whatever console they have?

I'm not too familiar with the site. Someone linked the article from the afterdawn forums. Apparently the guy who wrote this has posted his fair share of sony hate too but he too thinks it's getting ridiculous this christmas (from the linker who's a regular follower of that website).

Give the author some credit, he knows more about gaming than CNN  and TIME

But does he know more about Buisness.

Which is what low PS3 sales count as.  Not gaming.

I guess I should have written "gaming business"

Ah, in that case i'd disagree... as he seems to not understand a lot.

Maybe I'm just a fanboy, but I agree with this article. Except the bit about the PS3 having competition, it's always had competition. But frankly, before this gen, the competition sucked (IMO of course)

And Heavenly Sword isn't really a must have, it's a short God of War clone without the puzzles. I didn't like it at all.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Great article.
And all the typical anti-sony kids come in and try to bring negativity.

Sad isn't it?

NJ5 said:
Do you think people are buying HD televisions because they don’t care? Of course not. They want HDtv.

Or maybe they want a flat and nice looking TV. Jumping to conclusions = bad. By the way, the majority of TV owners still don't own a HDTV.

Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Resistance 2 are all MUST HAVE TITLES.

No they are not. There's no such thing as a must-have title in the first place, and Heavenly Sword is certainly not one of them.

about heavenly sword, probably not, but the rest are much MUST have imo.

and i hope you are based "no they are not" opinion because you play them to completition.

the article writter used must have as "really good games" which they are.

Jo21 said:
NJ5 said:
Do you think people are buying HD televisions because they don’t care? Of course not. They want HDtv.

Or maybe they want a flat and nice looking TV. Jumping to conclusions = bad. By the way, the majority of TV owners still don't own a HDTV.

Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Resistance 2 are all MUST HAVE TITLES.

No they are not. There's no such thing as a must-have title in the first place, and Heavenly Sword is certainly not one of them.

about heavenly sword, probably not, but the rest are much MUST have imo.

and i hope you are based "no they are not" opinion because you play them to completition.

the article writter used must have as "really good games" which they are.

That's the thing in YOUR opinion, of course those games are good games but he said MUST HAVE, if he had said at least imo other thing could have been

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||